North Korea imposes martial law, orders troops to ‘be ready

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
<a class="postlink" href="http://rt.com/news/martial-law-north-korea-180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rt.com/news/martial-law-north-korea-180</a>

This guys are so brain washed,like a cult. :?!:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: North Korea imposes martial law, orders troops to ‘be re

Dude's got a couple of screws loose AND is in possession of nuclear weapons.

Not a good mix.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Great time to cut our defense budget no?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Ramhusker said:
Shitty time to be living on the West Coast.

Pretty sure he can't reach us over here in Florida, and we got Cuba hanging out of our ass too.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

X said:
Ramhusker said:
cruddy time to be living on the West Coast.

Pretty sure he can't reach us over here in Florida, and we got Cuba hanging out of our ass too.

I wouldn't be too worried about North Korea's ability to put a nuke on target within 500 miles but if I were South Korea, I wouldn't be sleeping too good.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Ramhusker said:
X said:
Ramhusker said:
cruddy time to be living on the West Coast.

I wouldn't be too worried about North Korea's ability to put a nuke on target within 500 miles but if I were South Korea, I wouldn't be sleeping too good.
American intelligence officials said recently that their missiles could hit Hawaii, but that it would be at least three years before that range could be extended to the continental United States. They're testing long-range rockets, and they have only one objective. I really don't see how this guy isn't the next target by our forces, and sooner rather than later. He is seriously tilted, and hell-bent on engaging us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ramhusker said:

Yea because N. Korea is such a threat. I'm sure we would not be able to ward off any sort of aggression from them without our 689.59 billion dollars in defense spending. Fun fact of the day, we're #1 in the world in defense spending at that 689.59 billion figure and the next 10 countries following us(i.e. #2 to #11) in defense spending COMBINED spend 518.07 billion.

So yea, I'm sure that we'd be absolutely screwed if we weren't spending 45.2% of the WORLD'S combined defense spending.

No reason to consider cutting that budget.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jrry32 said:
Ramhusker said:

Yea because N. Korea is such a threat. I'm sure we would not be able to ward off any sort of aggression from them without our 689.59 billion dollars in defense spending. Fun fact of the day, we're #1 in the world in defense spending at that 689.59 billion figure and the next 10 countries following us(i.e. #2 to #11) in defense spending COMBINED spend 518.07 billion.

So yea, I'm sure that we'd be absolutely screwed if we weren't spending 45.2% of the WORLD'S combined defense spending.

Budget aside, the first time that "non-threat" reared its head, we spent 3 years warding it off and lost 33,000 soldiers. And since no peace treaty was ever signed, that war never really ended. Now they've got an even more maniacal ruler, twice as many soldiers, and nuclear capabilities.

No threat? C'mon...

I would also caution everybody (including myself), that we don't do politics on this board anymore.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=92688#p92688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=92688#p92688</a>

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:
jrry32 said:
Ramhusker said:

Budget aside, the first time that "non-threat" reared its head, we spent 3 years warding it off and lost 33,000 soldiers. And since no peace treaty was ever signed, that war never really ended. Now they've got an even more maniacal ruler, twice as many soldiers, and nuclear capabilities.

No threat? C'mon...

I would also caution everybody (including myself), that we don't do politics on this board anymore.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=92688#p92688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=92688#p92688</a>

Ah - good to know. I missed the memo. Works for me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

X said:

No threat? C'mon...

<a class="postlink" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=92688#p92688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=92688#p92688</a>

Sorry, had no idea that there was no political discussion.

And to be fair, I'm not advocating going to war...quite the opposite. Nor am I advocating underestimating them. I know a lot about the Korean War...my grandfather was a vet and loved to talk about it. But I don't think the "threat" of North Korea is sound reasoning for not cutting the defense budget.

Anyways, that's it. Just wanted to explain my stance. And now that I'm done, no more politics out of me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jrry32 said:
X said:

No threat? C'mon...

Sorry, had no idea that there was no political discussion.

And to be fair, I'm not advocating going to war...quite the opposite. Nor am I advocating underestimating them. I know a lot about the Korean War...my grandfather was a vet and loved to talk about it. But I don't think the "threat" of North Korea is sound reasoning for not cutting the defense budget.

Anyways, that's it. Just wanted to explain my stance. And now that I'm done, no more politics out of me.
No problem. And I think Husker was just being sardonic about the politics of our defense budget in general.

But ... we're not talking about that now. :shifty:

Cool deal with your grandfather. My grampop used to talk about it too. Painted a great picture many a time.