Non-highlight #1: "The overthrow"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Way too much of that in this league.

Not just WR routes - downfield blocks too. Guys assume the play isn't coming their way and they half ass it. This is the pros. Coaches need to make those efforts uncomfortable on film day - whether or not they affect the play.
Did anyone notice Saffold jogging to attempt to tackle Collins on the pick 6. If he would have put some effort into it, he could have missed the tackle too. :cautious::LOL::LOL::LOL:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll just settle this once and for all - it's GRob's fault.

Ram65

Legend
I stated in the vent thread that Britt slowed down. He did and it is obvious. Hard to hold Case at fault with the speed of the game and lack of speed from Britt. He threw it where it Britt should have been.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chill pill @dieterbrock ? Why I'll give you a chill pill....
Moe-Howard-three-stooges-23436772-300-377.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Pretty cool that we have actual WRs to beef about. That's right, I said it. The rams have actual WRs........ Kinda.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Did anyone notice Saffold jogging to attempt to tackle Collins on the pick 6. If he would have put some effort into it, he could have missed the tackle too. :cautious::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Didn't he hurt his shoulder tackling an interception?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
One of the problems with having a fair to middlin QB, who constantly throws to players covered while open receivers don't get the ball, is exactly this. When the QB is reliable, the receivers are less likely to pull this kind of crap.
See, it's still Keenum's fault.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Didn't he hurt his shoulder tackling an interception?
Yeah sounds about right. So he's likely been instructed to not get in on the tackle if there's a TO.
Roger that, Roger? Mission accomplished.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see Britt's lack of effort. But I still don't get why Keenum didn't adjust to it. When he throws the ball, Britt isn't running to the post and isn't running all out. Seeing that, why didn't he just throw the go?

I get it. Britt should have been doing what he was supposed to do. But he wasn't. Isn't the QB's job to take what is there? Britt was still behind the coverage running what looked like more of a go route. Adjust to what he's doing. Keenum had the time.

I get it. This isn't 100% on Keenum like it seemed. But I still think he has to adjust what is there.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Who is to say that the defense wouldn't have reacted differently if he ran the route at full speed?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I am still not sure. Not trying to be argumentative, because it's probably impossible to know for sure either way...

But, at this point in the route Keenum has the opportunity to adjust to Britt's location in the route... what's not pictured is Keenum takes another step up before releasing the pass. I still think he overthrew him.

IMG_0689_zpsumeefbct.jpeg

Yeah, after watching this a few times it sure seems like regardless of Britt's initial route Keenum had a lot of time to adjust and still just plain overthrows it.

Side note- That pocket looks like what I watch Tom Brady have all day every Sunday :0

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I get it. This isn't 100% on Keenum like it seemed. But I still think he has to adjust what is there.
If you watch, Britt slows up most in the middle of the route at the point that it looks like Keenum is mid launch. I'm not defending Keenum for many of his throws today but this one appears to be on Britt. I think Britt's reaction and the reaction of the sideline - which you can only see part of in that video - say maybe even more than the clip of the play itself.

Doesn't much matter though. For whatever reason, the receivers and Keenum are not getting it done and appear to be all too often on different pages. Does Goff change that? Dunno. Do the receivers assume the ball is not coming their way on long routes? Dunno - sure as hell shouldn't be the case though. :rimshot: Could most QBs make an adjustment on that play? Didn't appear that way to me. Was Britt kicking himself after the play? Sure looked like it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you watch, Britt slows up most in the middle of the route at the point that it looks like Keenum is mid launch. I'm not defending Keenum for many of his throws today but this one appears to be on Britt. I think Britt's reaction and the reaction of the sideline - which you can only see part of in that video - say maybe even more than the clip of the play itself.

Doesn't much matter though. For whatever reason, the receivers and Keenum are not getting it done and appear to be all too often on different pages. Does Goff change that? Dunno. Do the receivers assume the ball is not coming their way on long routes? Dunno - sure as hell shouldn't be the case though. :rimshot: Could most QBs make an adjustment on that play? Didn't appear that way to me. Was Britt kicking himself after the play? Sure looked like it.

It's not even about him slowing up for me. It's about Keenum throwing the post when Britt never makes any move to the post. If he puts the ball out in front on a go, I think it's easier for Britt to track down after turning the jets on. It's obvious based on Fisher's comments that Britt didn't do what he was supposed to...but shouldn't the QB adjust when he sees that?