No reason that every position...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
...shouldn't legitimately have a starter plugged in this offseason.

The past two offseasons I think we walked into the season with a couple questions at some positions on who would rise to the top as a starter. This year I think they are plugging those remaining holes or already have REAL players ready to step into those roles.

Obviously, the offensive line could go any number of directions and is probably the most vital area from where we stand right now. In theory though they should have the fire power to get that solidified. We also need to look at safety and likely CB. From there I think the only other variables are possibly LB and WR.

Sure, there are perhaps a couple positions that we could even improve on outside of those spots...but I think they are finally at the point at most other positions that the guys that are there are real starters in this league.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And I'd add quality depth could be added at QB, RB, and DT.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I'd add quality depth could be added at QB, RB, and DT.
Absolutely. Now, I'm just simply thinking about FA right now but even so I see a lot of options for the Rams.

I recently saw that the Vikings are probably going to part ways with Toby Gehrhardt. I think he'd be a good backup to Stacy. However, I think they roll with who they have at RB.

Over the next few weeks I will probably make a number of threads about different free agents...obviously I won't be advocating we go out and sign every single person I discuss...but just throwing out scenarios of players that may fit what the Rams are trying to do.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Absolutely. Now, I'm just simply thinking about FA right now but even so I see a lot of options for the Rams.

I recently saw that the Vikings are probably going to part ways with Toby Gehrhardt. I think he'd be a good backup to Stacy. However, I think they roll with who they have at RB.

Over the next few weeks I will probably make a number of threads about different free agents...obviously I won't be advocating we go out and sign every single person I discuss...but just throwing out scenarios of players that may fit what the Rams are trying to do.

There's a lot of players in FA and the draft that fit the Rams needs and philosophy. I was going to make a thread about it earlier in the week. Good interior linemen, safeties, big physical backs, depth at wideout in the draft, depth at cornerback, several QBs worth looking at developing as a backup...

Every offseason is a big one, but I think this one is pretty high up there. It's the end of the trade that is going to help rebuild the team, and it's year 3 for Fisher and Les. We gotta hit a home run. We're off to a good start hiring Williams imo.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a lot of players in FA and the draft that fit the Rams needs and philosophy. I was going to make a thread about it earlier in the week. Good interior linemen, safeties, big physical backs, depth at wideout in the draft, depth at cornerback, several QBs worth looking at developing as a backup...

Every offseason is a big one, but I think this one is pretty high up there. It's the end of the trade that is going to help rebuild the team, and it's year 3 for Fisher and Les. We gotta hit a home run. We're off to a good start hiring Williams imo.
Agreed on all counts. I also wanted to point out that there seems to be quite a few safeties available in FA...maybe a few of them that thought they'd be getting big money don't get quite as much afterall given the market will be a bit diluted...who knows.