No real obvious weaknesses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
A couple years ago you looked at this Rams roster and you could say...The WRs are bad. The oline needs starters at 3 or 4 spots. The DTs are terrible. The safeties are old or ineffective. The LBs are small or unathletic. Our corners are injury prone.

Now, there is really only one or two spots that you need to get replacements...and really, I'm not so sure that as we sit here today that those spots are as bad as they were a couple two three years ago.

Kind of nice to know you can go into the draft without an apparent need.

ausmurp

Starter
Eh, I would say safety is a serious need. It is very obvious at least to me that they're the main weakness of our defense. I think they're also the main reason we play off coverage on WRs. Also JL55 is good but slow. If we move Ogletree to MLB (only if he can handle it), we would have our Willis/Wagoner/Washington - super fast strong athletic MLB that can move sideline to sideline like the MLB on the other 3 teams in our division.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjab360

Legend
LG, S, and nickel corner are the only spots that need immediate replacements, imo.

V3

Hall of Fame
CB, FS, OG, #1WR, and maybe C are the areas I feel need improving still. We could probably use a pass rushing DT, too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If we upgrade our Secondary and get better at run defense, our defense will be unstoppable.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree with the OP; the obvious holes are closing.

We still have needs, like at S and CB... But the needs are not all over the place and glaring any longer.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree except the secondary. We need some talent back there.

I wasn't saying we don't have spots to improve...I'm just saying we aren't forced into making damn sure we get a certain spot or were screwed....and the guys we have on the roster are going to be playing somewhere next year...that's a lot more than we can say for years past.

TexasRam

Legend
Agreed. No glaring weakness. Not like we have a Goldberg or Ojinakka or Justin King. Just a few spots that can get better. I am not 100% sold on Mcdonald yet so i see two needs at safety, though I am sure Mcdonald will get another years look due to being a rookie and other needs.

My list goes in order of importance - (If Saffold is re-signed)
Critical---- S(replace Mcleod), CB(replace Finn),
Important---#1 WR(replace Givens/Quick), LG (replace Williams unless Jones can fill it) DT(replace Langford).

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. No glaring weakness. Not like we have a Goldberg or Ojinakka or Justin King. Just a few spots that can get better. I am not 100% sold on Mcdonald yet so i see two needs at safety, though I am sure Mcdonald will get another years look due to being a rookie and other needs.

My list goes in order of importance - (If Saffold is re-signed)
Critical---- S(replace Mcleod), CB(replace Finn),
Important---#1 WR(replace Givens/Quick), LG (replace Williams unless Jones can fill it) DT(replace Langford).

I wonder if they take a safety and move McCleod to CB...he already goes to CB in the nickel and dime packages at times...and he seems to do well there.

TexasRam

Legend
I wonder if they take a safety and move McCleod to CB...he already goes to CB in the nickel and dime packages at times...and he seems to do well there.

Good Point. It's worth a shot. He didn't appear to give up anything real big in the bears game though i didnt watch the CB's closely. I can tell you this...his chances at safety are dwindling big time.