No QB this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Hi all,

Do you think that the Gurley pick means that we won't pick a QB in this year's draft?
I think that Snead/Fisher picked Gurley because they didn't think that they could get an impact QB this year and that this would be the best way to improve the offense.

Also, I think that they will be looking for defense in the second round. Just because that is who Fisher is at the end of the day.

Thoughts?

V3

Hall of Fame
I think they'll take a QB because they know they messed up last year by not taking one. I personally think it's a waste of a pick but they seem determined to do it. I don't think any of these "2nd tier" QB's will amount to much of anything. Historically speaking, QB's taken after the 2nd round pretty much never do anything. They either become backups or out of the league. IMO backup QB's are a dime a dozen and are easily found in FA so why use a pick on them? If you have to rely on your backup for more than a few games, your season is in serious trouble anyways so that's about all I expect from them. Just get the team through a few games. That's pretty much what our backups have done the past few years. We relied on them for more than a few games, though. We know the results.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too think that picking a QB would be a waste at this point since they won't get anyone better than what they already have.
Unless the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner is there in the 7th!:sneaky:

FRO

Legend
I too think that picking a QB would be a waste at this point since they won't get anyone better than what they already have.
Unless the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner is there in the 7th!:sneaky:
Petty and Grayson wouldn't shock me in the second. We showed interest in those guys.

Athos

Legend
Hope not.

Those QBs are just gonna fall and fall and fall.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I forgot about Mannion. I guess they think that they can coach him up.

Lets hope so!

Still can't believe that they haven't taken a defensive player!