No one is talking about this

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Graphicker said:
But did we get robbed on that safety? Looked like a safety to me.

Not sure if it was a safety, but he definitely threw it away from in the pocket...it looked like he was on the one yard line though....either way....the no call was definitely an annoyance.

OCRich

UDFA
The refs weren't very good at all today. That was a blown intentional grounding call but he threw it from the 1-yard line, so it wouldn't have been a safety.

Graphicker

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Graphicker said:

Not sure if it was a safety, but he definitely threw it away from in the pocket...it looked like he was on the one yard line though....either way....the no call was definitely an annoyance.

But was it? Anyone have the all-22 for a better angle?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Totally boned. There was also a blatant block in the back on the ensuing punt that didn't get called. You gotta think though, that could have been two points and another possession that was left on the field.

Graphicker

Starter
OCRich said:
The refs weren't very good at all today. That was a blown intentional grounding call but he threw it from the 1-yard line, so it wouldn't have been a safety.

Got it.. Looked like he was right there, We got the end of the short stick today. There was a gorgeous 10+ run by DR that called back on a ticky tack play..

Graphicker

Starter
Warner4Prez said:
Totally boned. There was also a blatant block in the back on the ensuing punt that didn't get called. You gotta think though, that could have been two points and another possession that was left on the field.

Momentum + Field position right there.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Graphicker said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Graphicker said:

I do on GameRewind....but it isn't available during the sunday night game ...I'll check it out tomorrow.

Graphicker

Starter
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Graphicker said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Graphicker said:

I do on GameRewind....but it isn't available during the sunday night game ...I'll check it out tomorrow.

Fosho thanks..

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Graphicker said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Graphicker said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Graphicker said:

Fosho thanks..

Anytime my dood

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I personally think he let the ball go right at the 1 yard line. However, if it was deemed intentional grounding like it should have been, I think it's a spot foul. So would of been 4th at the 1 yard line. Big difference in punting with little room in the end zone. Much better field position.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Hey they can penalize us if its possibly a penalty they should do the same to them

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Fortunately, it didn't hurt us that much. We still got the ball back, and had to make a stop on defense, which we barely didn't.

That being said, F*** those refs.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Graphicker said:
I thought we did. I'm not entirely sure he was in the end zone when he threw it, but it definitely should have been intentional grounding

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
brokeu91 said:
Graphicker said:
I thought we did. I'm not entirely sure he was in the end zone when he threw it, but it definitely should have been intentional grounding
There was no doubt in my mind it was grounding. Why that flag was not thrown I can't imagine.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If gonzo can shove defenders away with both arms in order to create space... why shouldn't ryan be permitted to throw the ball away while still standing in the center of the pocket.

It wasn't a safety... but it was CLEARLY intentional grounding. Refs failed to enforce the rules. Fucking Bunk.

ramfidelis

UDFA
Ram Quixote said:
brokeu91 said:
Graphicker said:
There was no doubt in my mind it was grounding. Why that flag was not thrown I can't imagine.
Ref's make mistakes. I have no problem with that. Yet when they continually make mistakes that go against you it's cause for concern... like the block in the back no call on the very next play.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ramfidelis said:
Ram Quixote said:
brokeu91 said:
Graphicker said:
Ref's make mistakes. I have no problem with that. Yet when they continually make mistakes that go against you it's cause for concern... like the block in the back no call on the very next play.

Yeah, it does feel like they always go against us and not the other way around.

But the announcers said it during the game; when you have a reputation for penalties the refs look harder. Unfortunately, the Rams have put themselves in this situation.

But, back to the "safety"... It should have been intentional grounding. Potentially a huge field position benefit had it gotten called. Bad miss by the refs. :nono:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
May have to look up the rule on that. I think there is something about getting the ball past the line of scrimmage if you are in the pocket. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Edit: Ah - never mind, that's if he is outside the pocket he still needs to get it past the LOS. I heard them say that the refs said there was a receiver in the area. Guess I'll have to go to rewind to see. The announcers didn't seem to think so.