No more excuses for Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Look at the bottom 10 teams in points/game last year.

23 Tennessee Titans
24 Cleveland Browns
25 St. Louis Rams
26 Oakland Raiders
27 Miami Dolphins
28 New York Jets
29 Philadelphia Eagles
30 Jacksonville Jaguars
31 Arizona Cardinals
32 Kansas City Chiefs

How many of those teams would you say did not have subpar QB play? Tannehill was a rookie and did show promise, but he had some pretty bad games. Otherwise, all of those teams had a QB problem. Bradford should be a lot better than every QB on every team on this list. But his numbers don't prove that out.

This year, if the Rams aren't closer to the top 10 in pts/game than the bottom 10, then that will fall on Sam.

nighttrain

Legend
V3 said:
I just hope fans remember that our WR's are still very young and learning the position. I wouldn't expect the rookies to do too much this year. Rookie WR's hardly ever do. The 2nd year guys will improve some but will it be enough. I still have my doubts on Quick.

It's like having all your ingredients for a stew in the pot but you still have to let them simmer for a while. We have all the components but are they ready?
Young RB's are at the one position that usually can excel in first and second years, experience usually not a good thing, AS RB's on average last 4-5 years.
train

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
nighttrain said:
V3 said:
I just hope fans remember that our WR's are still very young and learning the position. I wouldn't expect the rookies to do too much this year. Rookie WR's hardly ever do. The 2nd year guys will improve some but will it be enough. I still have my doubts on Quick.

It's like having all your ingredients for a stew in the pot but you still have to let them simmer for a while. We have all the components but are they ready?
Young RB's are at the one position that usually can excel in first and second years, experience usually not a good thing, AS RB's on average last 4-5 years.
train

True. And fans as well as the media always overvalue know quantities. So a guy like SJ gets overvalued, then people wonder why no one wanted to part with a draft pick for him. The wheels come off fast for RBs. There is a good possibility that one of the Rams RBs has a better year than SJ does this year.

F. Mulder

Starter
I'm a huge Bradford fan but I'm not blind. This is the year the Rams need to become HIS team. I always felt SJ (a great leader) was the Rams guy but him being gone is not necessarily a bad thing in that a young team is turned over to a young leader. Bradford's not stupid; he is well aware of the expectations of him as a draft choice as well as the new leader of a young and up and coming team. He is also aware of the things he, as a QB, needs to improve on. With that said, he IS the leader of this team (or at least the offense), has three guys he worked with last season (Givens, Quick, Kendricks) and should have at least a solid OL if they stay healthy. There are obvious questions about Austin and Bailey as rookies and Cook as a new guy as well as the loss of DA (and to a lesser degree Gibson) as well as Jackson, and the RB by committee approach but other top QBs have had to overcome that type of thing.

I want to see Bradford go from a cautious game manager to someone who can bury a team who is down, and once in awhile bring the Rams back when he (or the team) had no business winning a game. If we wait for perfect conditions Bradford will be in his 30s :p but if he wants to be, and can be, the elite type QB we all want/expect he needs to start making it happen now.

V3

Hall of Fame
nighttrain said:
V3 said:

train

I think you misread my post. I was talking about WR's, not RB's. I agree with you about the RBs, though.

nighttrain

Legend
V3 said:
nighttrain said:
V3 said:

train

I think you misread my post. I was talking about WR's, not RB's. I agree with you about the RBs, though.
I did misread, my bad, but with Pettis in 3rd year, Givens a player 1st season, and Quick having all the OTA's and pre season, I expect we wont have to throw Stedman to the lions and Slot back is very similar to RB, Austin good to go I expect
train