NO LG Ben Grubbs traded to chiefs for 5th rounder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Latest Headlines
Chiefs acquire Pro Bowl LG Grubbs from Saints
4212.jpg

Chiefs acquired LG Ben Grubbs from the Saints in exchange for a 2015 fifth-round pick.

It's wheeling and dealing season. Grubbs was in danger of getting cut by the Saints due to his insanely-high $9.6 million cap number as he enters year four of a five-year, $36 million deal. The Chiefs have lost a ton of offensive linemen in free agency the past two years. Grubbs, a two-time Pro Bowler, will solidify it. He hasn't missed a start in three seasons as one of the league's better guards.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 12 - 1:24 PM

Irish

Starter
I was just about to post this.

The guy is 31 years old, so maybe that was the issue? Or, Snead and co. just didn't inquire about him or NO didn't let them know.

Either way, its a head scratcher

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Latest Headlines
Chiefs acquire Pro Bowl LG Grubbs from Saints
4212.jpg

Chiefs acquired LG Ben Grubbs from the Saints in exchange for a 2015 fifth-round pick.

It's wheeling and dealing season. Grubbs was in danger of getting cut by the Saints due to his insanely-high $9.6 million cap number as he enters year four of a five-year, $36 million deal. The Chiefs have lost a ton of offensive linemen in free agency the past two years. Grubbs, a two-time Pro Bowler, will solidify it. He hasn't missed a start in three seasons as one of the league's better guards.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 12 - 1:24 PM
The way the Saint's "Didn't Play" last year he wasn't on my radar, so I couldn't care less!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Good player but steep cap hit. I believe his cap number is 9.6 million according to rotoworld. No thanks.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I was just about to post this.

The guy is 31 years old, so maybe that was the issue? Or, Snead and co. just didn't inquire about him or NO didn't let them know.

Either way, its a head scratcher

I seriously doubt that both teams wouldnt have done their due diligence.

ausmurp

Starter
We should've been in on this plus trying to get Eagles OG Mathis. Imagine our line if we had these two veteran multi pro bowl players at LG and RG. damn. I'll take the $16M or so cap hit combined for both I don't care. A rookie isn't going to come in a play better than these guys...