No. 2 Pick: Rams On The Clock (video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
02:11 – Which player should the St. Louis Rams select with their second overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft? Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks reveal their choice in a mock draft.

Alan

Legend
We spent a lot of our draft capital on the offensive line? Can't they even pretend like they know what they're talking about? :rolleyes:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
We spent a lot of our draft capital on the offensive line? Can't they even pretend like they know what they're talking about? :rolleyes:

He's not just talking about Fisher, he talking about the Rams. Jason Smith, Incognitio, Greco, were all disappointments.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Sometimes the right pick isn't always the sexiest pick. If you don't block for Sam or Stacy, you're going nowhere in this division.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cyun7hS.png

Alan

Legend
max searching for capital:
He's not just talking about Fisher, he talking about the Rams. Jason Smith, Incognitio, Greco, were all disappointments.
They said that right after talking about Snisher moving up in the draft to get Austin but you could be right.
However that doesn't change my response. I look at your list and I don't call that using "a lot of their draft capital". Smith was a long time ago and so was Incognito. I wouldn't say he didn't perform up to 3rd round level. Only in drafting Saffold have we invested any real draft capital in recent years. Rok was a 5th rounder. Jones is a 4th rounder. I don't call anybody drafted in the lower 4 rounds to be a use of draft capital.

A55VA6

Legend
I wil say this, I'd be 20x happier with Greg Robinson than Jake Matthews. I honestly am not really a fan of Matthews.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Robinson's current skill set is probably more in line with the Rams offensive philosophy, but I'd still take Matthews at 2 in a heartbeat. (Like most others I don't expect the Rams to stay at 2, and if they do they'll probably take Clowney anyway.)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I know this is a TALL order, but watching Robinson I can't help but to think Jackie Slater / Orlando Pace...

If we can get him at 4 or 6 after a trade down I'll be doing cartwheels in my living room!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
They said that right after talking about Snisher moving up in the draft to get Austin but you could be right.
However that doesn't change my response. I look at your list and I don't call that using "a lot of their draft capital". Smith was a long time ago and so was Incognito. I wouldn't say he didn't perform up to 3rd round level. Only in drafting Saffold have we invested any real draft capital in recent years. Rok was a 5th rounder. Jones is a 4th rounder. I don't call anybody drafted in the lower 4 rounds to be a use of draft capital.

I hear ya. I think what Jeremiah was relating was the difference between how well the Rams have drafted DL v OL. Simply put, start in 2008, we drafted CLong, then 2009, we drafted, JSmith, then 2010, we drafted Saffold, then 2011, we drafted Quinn.

Smith was a colossal bust and Saffold has been up and down over 4 years because of injuries. Imagine if those 2 guys were as good as Long and Quinn? That's the contrast that DJ is staring at. 2009 is really not a long time ago. Guys drafted in 2009 should be major contributor in their prime right now. All we got out of that draft was Laurainitas.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Right now it looks like one of the OTs or Watkins. But it's gonna be a trade down. They aren't taking Watkins at #2. No need to.