Niners front 7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I consider myself a good fan, but don’t have the time for dissection as some of you guys on this board do. What is your opinion on how the Niner front seven seem to dominate us. Personally, it reminded me of the Super Bowl loss for most of the game. Perhaps, the Niner secondary flood the zones where McVay likes to throw, and force him to do the things he hates most..to run the ball...thoughts?

TexasRam

Legend
Without Buckner and Bosa (injury) they aren’t particularly great in rushing the QB. But they are big and all 7 shutdown the run forcing you to pass. Then the secondary feasts. The fast linebackers shut down the middle and short flats and the back end coverage is as good as ours.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
As far as matchup, I think they are a nightmare for our offense because they shut our run game down and make Goff beat them. Most teams attempt this and unfortunately it's been working. They also have a good feel for what the Rams WRs want to do. They have done an outstanding job on Kupp, better than any team I've seen. Also it doesn't help that we refuse to roll out Goff or use are TEs. Fuck I'm starting to get pissed again.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They barely got pressure on Goff. Only times I really remember pressure were because of the coverage.

They talked about it during the broadcast - their speed, particularly at LB, is ideal for stopping what we like to do in the run game. On top of that, Shanahan knows McVays system.

That's why they shut down the run game - but their DBs are nowhere near as good as ours - they're slightly above average - and we have an advantage passing on them (without Boss) - we saw this in week 16 last year where we shredded them through the air.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They barely got pressure on Goff. Only times I really remember pressure were because of the coverage.

They talked about it during the broadcast - their speed, particularly at LB, is ideal for stopping what we like to do in the run game. On top of that, Shanahan knows McVays system.

That's why they shut down the run game - but their DBs are nowhere near as good as ours - they're slightly above average - and we have an advantage passing on them (without Boss) - we saw this in week 16 last year where we shredded them through the air.

Speed at linebacker could really help this Rams defense.