Niners fire Chip Kelly/Update: Auditions for FOX Sports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
We are getting off subject here but; Who in their right mind would hire Fisher? Any numb skull deserves what they get with him

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...alke-undermined-me-ill-be-an-assistant-coach/

Chip Kelly: Trent Baalke undermined me, I’ll be an assistant coach
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 3, 2017

505878374-e1483454780624.jpg
Getty Images

Chip Kelly seems to know he’s done as an NFL head coach, and he seems to be OK with that — especially if it means he won’t have to deal with office politics.

Kelly told Jay Glazer of FOX that he’s happy to be an assistant coach in the NFL after failing as a head coach in Philadelphia and San Francisco.

“I’ll go be an offensive coordinator somewhere,” Kelly told Glazer.

Glazer said he also learned from talking to Kelly that issues with fired 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke were a major problem for Kelly in San Francisco.

“For weeks and weeks and weeks, he’s known that Trent Baalke has been trying to undermine him and get him out,” Glazer said.

This is the second report in as many days that paints Baalke as an obstacle in the path of Kelly’s success, the first being the report that Kelly wanted to draft Dak Prescott and Baalke refused. In fairness to Baalke, it should be noted that we haven’t heard his side of the story. But suffice to say, it’s unlikely anyone is going to hire either Kelly to be a head coach again, or Baalke to be a G.M. again.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/02/chip-kelly-auditions-for-fox/

Chip Kelly auditions for FOX
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2017

631494528-e1488508400400.jpg
Getty Images

Former 49ers coach Chip Kelly nearly replaced current 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan in Atlanta. Kelly may instead replace current 49ers G.M. John Lynch at FOX.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports reports that Kelly has auditioned for a job with FOX, as a game analyst. With Lynch, the No. 2 analyst at FOX, leaving broadcasting, a vacancy has been created on the depth chart. Kelly, in theory, could fill it.

The irony of the news flows from the fact that Kelly has had a fairly open disdain for the media, and that several months ago he joked about joining the ranks of those who cover the sport if/when he leaves the 49ers.

“Unless the media has an opportunity for me somewhere, I’ll always explore those opportunities,” Kelly said in October when questions emerged about whether he’d voluntarily leave the 49ers. “But, I’m not going anywhere.”

He has since gone, at the behest of the team. Whether he goes to FOX or another media company remains to be seen.