Niner Meltdown; Praying Mantis Doesn't Have a Prayer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
For those of you projecting our Monday Night opener as a "Loss" against the Lords of Whine, I have some supplementary information for you:

They are having a full fledged melt down.

I am listening to their flag ship station KNBR as I drive between appointments today. The conversation begins with the camp report that Colin the Praying Mantis will be sitting out their pre-season opener against the Texans tomorrow with "camp arm".

The hosts then proceed to say Kaepernick is essentially done. He is not going to get more accurate.

They then went on to extoll the virtues of Blaine Gabbert and how "Kaepernicks best football is behind him. Gabberts best football is ahead."

Now I'm not one to whistle past the graveyard. It certainly IS possible that the Niners will have an offensive juggernaut with Gabbert. However, I see more of a bad team that REALLY has no receivers. (As apposed to the PERCEPTION of our lack of receivers)

Gentlemen. There is a lot of preseason for both the Rams and Niners to form their fluid offensive situation. But I like our offensive talent better, our leadership and the true dominating factor of our defense.

Add to the story an under reported reality:
The swagger, and home field advantage that the 49ers used to enjoy at Candlestick Park DIED with the new Levis Stadium in Santa Clara.

Santa Clara, and the larger area of Silicon Valley have a completely different demographic than the old South San Francisco location. I don't know the exact turnover numbers of season ticket holders, but the crowds are decidedly more tame, less historically invested, and more likely to leave early, when the team is not doing well.

Add to the fact that a large contingent of fans will be Cal. Berkeley and Jared Goff fans, there may be a few more cheers than normal when the Rams break out on top.

My "way too early" prediction:

Rams 24 Whiners 6

Last edited:

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I agree with the summation of the current pathetic state of the 49ers and prediction. You were even a bit generous to Levi's, leaving out the whole grass fiasco and notion that if it gets a little sunny all the 49er "fans" whine and cry and can't handle it. Half of the stadium is empty if it's a "grueling" 75 or 80 degrees; luckily it's a night game so they might all show up.

Also, I think you are giving way too much credit to their past stadium & clientele. That seagull-infested dump granted no swagger or advantage compared to the other legendary locations around the NFL. As far as the past v. present fan base being "tame", that original bandwagon that formed post-1981 was so far beyond tame it was best represented by wine-sipping old ladies. The generation today is not tame at all, it has grown up traumatized by Bay Area Raiders fans bullying them. They are so hell-bent to prove they are "real tough fans too" or "die hard" (even though they wouldn't know that that means), the idiots and punks beat each other up in the bathrooms.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Offensively, the whiners are not going to be very good. But we don't have much to brag about there either with the offense we've fielded the past few years. But our defense is head and shoulders above theirs. So is our running game. That should be plenty enough to win by double digits. I think that 24-6 score should be pretty accurate.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Who is projecting we lose that game?

I feel a solid win. Something around 20-13 or around that give or take a few.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offensively, the whiners are not going to be very good. But we don't have much to brag about there either with the offense we've fielded the past few years. But our defense is head and shoulders above theirs. So is our running game. That should be plenty enough to win by double digits. I think that 24-6 score should be pretty accurate.

Well, we can brag about Gurley. We can also brag about having a potential franchise QB and a very young and improving Oline. They are having fun right now saying how stupid Goff is about the "Sun" crappola...Which is basically 2-14 crap :rockon:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams handle their business and improve in the ways expected, the whiners will be no problem for them.

I am confident of that first game being a win, but then again how many times has this team underperformed when you expect them to step up? So confident but paranoid would be the best explanation of how I feel, at least right now.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who is projecting we lose that game?

I've been surprised by a few people predicting a loss in that game, most recently one of our own on ROD in that "11-5 Prediction" thread. Also, that genius Heath Evans on NFL Network.

I think it would take a VERY disappointing effort on our part to lose that game. We are not the same depleted team that laid down for those punks in December.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been surprised by a few people predicting a loss in that game, most recently one of our own on ROD in that "11-5 Prediction" thread. Also, that genius Heath Evans on NFL Network.

I think it would take a VERY disappointing effort on our part to lose that game. We are not the same depleted team that laid down for those punks in December.

Todd GURLEY did not start in that game, dammit!
X5iItUh.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One game at a time gentlemen....Until the Rams start winning consistently, I will continue to be hopeful to win the game, IMHO, the 49ers can't be worse than last year although I do believe that Eric Mangani was a better DC than current 49er DC Jim O'Neil, however, Chip Kelly is a huge upgrade over Jim Tomfoolery!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One game at a time gentlemen....Until the Rams start winning consistently, I will continue to be hopeful to win the game, IMHO, the 49ers can't be worse than last year although I do believe that Eric Mangani was a better DC than current 49er DC Jim O'Neil, however, Chip Kelly is a huge upgrade over Jim Tomfoolery!
Maybe...Kelly was exposed last year, and the Eagles management saw it too....He has nothing but college tactics that won't work in the NFL anymore....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe...Kelly was exposed last year, and the Eagles management saw it too....He has nothing but college tactics that won't work in the NFL anymore....

Still an upgrade over Jim Tomsula, hell, Harland Svare would be considered an upgrade over Tomsula.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Losing to the whiners would be much worse than losing to the Cards or the Squaks(which are actually good teams). If we dont sweep the whiners I will be disappointed. As Fisher said: 7-9, 8-8 9-7 and even 10-6 wont be allowed. Losing to the Whiners in the opener marks us an 8-8 team. Fisher wont allow that shit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you want to be better than .500 you beat the bad teams which means sweeping the Whiners and splitting with the bottom feeding birds in our division.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Also, I think you are giving way too much credit to their past stadium & clientele. That seagull-infested dump granted no swagger or advantage compared to the other legendary locations around the NFL. As far as the past v. present fan base being "tame", that original bandwagon that formed post-1981 was so far beyond tame it was best represented by wine-sipping old ladies.
Well, it is true that the wine and cheese crowd has always been part of San Francisco. However, there was a strong and vocal fan base that was crazy for the Whiners during their hey-day. Believe me, I've been to over a dozen Ram/Niner games at Candlestick. I've seen the crowds in the 70's, before they were good. (Man that was sweet) in the 80's during the Walsh era (We still kicked their ass at the 'Stick, mostly ) and the darkest day of all....
Game.jpg

A young, hopeful @Roman Snow with pops, cousin, and the bandwagon niner-lover tailgating outside Candlestick Park before the '89 slaughter in the NFC Championship. (Me on the right)

I'm telling you, the new money of Silicon Valley, and off-shore crowd, there for the experience, is not unlike the come-late, leave-early pansies Southern California is accused of harboring.
49.jpg

There is a difference. I think we will take over that place Monday Night!:rockon:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Guys like Evans base their perceptions of teams on the past. To him the Niners were just in the Super bowl and the Rams have a roster full of NFL rejects.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Guys like Evans base their perceptions of teams on the past. To him the Niners were just in the Super bowl and the Rams have a roster full of NFL rejects.
:rolleyes: Yeah. He gives big dumb jocks a bad name.