Niner Brain Droppings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
OK, gents. For those that care to analyze the collective mental disorder that is Niner fandom, here are some recent NN board comments to an interview with Kyle Shanahan, who, when asked to comment on the Rams kick-azz off season said "It is what it is.."
  • Hot take: Ram games are gimmes

Heard it here first folks
  • Its gonna be funny when they dont win the SB though.
  • ▼ I wish we were less hyped and am glad they are getting all the hype

for one we don’t deserve, at this point, to be in the same conversation as the Rams. they have a much better overall roster and won the division last year winning 11 games. With that said, I think we are better off playing with a chip on our shoulder and being the "under dog" to the Rams in the division. I also agree with John Middlekauf that all of these additions the Rams made will put even more pressure on McVay to do even better than last year. as he pointed out he’s a young coach that acts more like an offensive coordinator playing HC than an actual HC. I say the let the expectations mount and the pressure build for the Rams. With the volatile players they added and a young, inexperienced HC, it makes for the perfect implosion if things start slowly.

• Donald & Suh is formidable, but what can they do if we run outside…making those guys run laterally all game long will really emphasize the lone weakness…and if their ILBs can’t compensate…no teams can HOPE to win if they can’t stop the run. I know it’s a passing league…and stopping the pass is #1 but that assume somewhat competence in Run defense…also Suh is known to gobble RBs…that’s more for inside and power…vs Kyle’s offense…ours is the anti-thesis of what the Rams are strong at. run outside all day long and when they over-compensate..play action for a splash play…let Jimmy’s short-distance accuracy and Jerick/Taylor carve them.
  • "Now I’ll just scheme around those additions and kick their butts anyway".
  • What's crazy about the NFC is

you can make a legitimate argument LA is the 4th best team in the conference. In the playoffs, I’d take healthy Eagles and Saints over Rams. Maybe even Vikings depending on where the game is played. Their aggressive offseason could easily result in failure based on what the expectations of the fanbase/media are.

• Vikings beat the Saints with Case Keenum at QB last year. They’re easily at least a top-2 NFC team with Cousins at the helm.
  • With that defensive roster + Wade Phillips and their good but not great offensive roster + Mcvay. if it comes together fast then they could realistically be a 16-0 team. I hate the rams, but they’re the most stacked team I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching football my entire life. I’m only 24, but i just don’t remember a team this stacked before. I know they’re weak on the edge and at linebacker, but i assume their 1st rounder will take care of one of those. Wouldn’t be surprised if they sign Bowman either, and with another year post-surgery under his belt he’ll probably be much better then last year.

It’s kind of ridiculous and I pray they implode, but all the knuckleheads are on defensive and they have a true veteran in Phillips leading them. Talib respects him and I feel will keep Peters under control. All you have to worry about is Suh, which is a big worry, though seeing Talibs respect for Phillips and knowing why he’s there (1 year deal to win a ring) I think he’ll be under control. Kind of blows. really blows. Shanahan can couch the 9ers to a win though, i believe it. Jimmy G can dice them like he did the Jaguars, it will be tough though.
  • 16-0?

1f602.png

Do they have a stacked roster?

Yes.

Are they a team that you would say is likely to go 16-0 off that roster?

LOL

Goff will intercept them to at least one loss.

• Most stacked ever?

They’re not even the most stacked team in the NFC this season.
  • typically I see defenses dominate due to outside pass ushers and shutting down the run

Phillips is taking a gamble…hoping that the inside disruption and outside coverage will contain most teams

I can’t help but think that doubling down on inside push is diminishing returns..you’re basically putting your 2 best defensive guys to work in a phone booth (vs pass)…or forced to run laterally all day (vs run)…only a fool would run up the gut on these guys..

As under-valued as they are…ILBs are the core of the defense…and anything less than avg play will completely undermine the defense because not being able to stop the run…is pitiful and niners fans saw that when we were giving up 200+ yards to back-up RBs

• It is what it is until it isn't

Meaning the Rams are the reigning NFC west champs, off season champs and on paper are the team to beat. But that’s all irrelevant when the games start and if they start slow look out. This team has not faced adversity and in the biggest game they faced they went out like Lambs. When the heat is on ALL of their new acquisitions have melted down. SUH, PETERS and TALIB do not respond well when challenged. Push their buttons and watch them implode…. Keep hammering them with short quick passes, traps and wham blocks and by the 4th quarter we will be getting 15-30 extra yards per possession because those 3 will lose their cool. Book it
  • They beat us 39-41 and we had Brian hoyer!!

A Wade Philips defensive, can’t never stop an Kyle Shanahan offensive! We don’t have elite offense…tru indeed….. but watch how elite the defense gonna look this year….. the offense hurt the defensive all year until Jimmy showed faith:) the defense was tired and still performing …i wish we had an elite pass rusher and or wide out….but I think Kittle and Trent Taylor and Bourne have potential to take a next step!!
  • It will be so funny

I can’t wait for the rams to play the 9ers. 9ers fans are getting all hyped up thinking they have a shot at making the playoffs. Reality will soon check in. Don’t get me wrong, I do think they are getting better but they still have holes to fill. The rams sucked for a lot of years but one thing fisher did, was draft well. With new management running the 9ers, they should get better.

It will all come down to jimmy g and his contract. If he’s as good as his 5 game sample then everything will look bright going forward. If he turns out to be just ok, that contract will kill this team. Just like the Rams, they are not sneaking in on anyone this year. The 9ers schedule looks pretty tough so I think 7 or 8 wins will be good progress. Good luck guys.

Don't hate the Whiners enough yet? Can't wait for the season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's delusional to base anything off the 5 game Niner win streak.
1. Non-playoff teams already had the u-hauls packed for the offseason vacations and so didn't care
2. Of their six wins, they beat three playoff teams concentrating on the future playoffs. The Rams rested starters, and the other two were looking past an improved 49ers team....

We are hearing a lot of BS about a 6-10 team, and their golden boy QB. I'll believe in him if he leads his team to a 6-2 record to start the 2018 season. IF Jimmy G. is a transcendent QB and their defense is as stout as Niner fans say it is, 6-2 is doable. Otherwise Niner fans, shut the he.ll up.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They're gonna be real sad when Jimmy G is limping off the sideline after throwing his 4th pick since he is apparently fucking color blind.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
You know some of them actually make some pretty fair points but then they go and totally fuck up their credibility the next line or two. That one guy seemed the smartest one out of the bunch.

The Ramowl

Starter
Some of them are beng quite realistic. And they are absolutely right in saying that the Rams also have a lot to prove in year 2. I believe we have a great roster, but we've seen teams in our position mess up before.

What they have yet to understand though is that staying close in a divisional game, helle even winning it close doesn't mean you are at approx the same level of the other team. Fisher had the Seahawks number, but realistically we weren't in the same category for all those years.
We were a much better team than the 9ers last year, I believe we still are.

Let's have a reality check in the season opener against them in L.A, I'd love it

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not only the fans are delusional, some of the talking heads and sport sites have the 48ers at 15-1 to win the SB.

I've seen a couple sites that have their odds the same as the Rams. I'll take the "under".

Rams have a "young inexperienced HC"? How much experience does Shanny Jr have?

That's right "none".

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The guy talking about gashing the Rams on the edges with the run must be a moron. Are the Rams coaches that won 11 games with their team, really so bad that they won’t address the edges of the defensive line? Are they going to go into the season with a glaring hole? No.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guy talking about gashing the Rams on the edges with the run must be a moron. Are the Rams coaches that won 11 games with their team, really so bad that they won’t address the edges of the defensive line? Are they going to go into the season with a glaring hole? No.

Exactly. To listen to some of those guys, you’d think we were done. Our current roster does force a lot of the action to the edges. It will be interesting to see McWade address this in the draft, and the second wave of FA.

Having said that, they aren’t done yet either. The Whiners are building a competitive roster. I think we take them this year. Next year? They may be ready to compete with us. We’ll see.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It's delusional to base anything off the 5 game Niner win streak.
1. Non-playoff teams already had the u-hauls packed for the offseason vacations and so didn't care
2. Of their six wins, they beat three playoff teams concentrating on the future playoffs. The Rams rested starters, and the other two were looking past an improved 49ers team....

We are hearing a lot of BS about a 6-10 team, and their golden boy QB. I'll believe in him if he leads his team to a 6-2 record to start the 2018 season. IF Jimmy G. is a transcendent QB and their defense is as stout as Niner fans say it is, 6-2 is doable. Otherwise Niner fans, shut the he.ll up.

The Jags found out they clinched right around kickoff. You think there wasn't a collective exhale when they saw the Titan loss on the scoreboard? Defense is all about intensity and they had to relax a bit knowing the game was meaningless. But the whiner fans use that game as the gauge for how good their offense is.

They think Jimmy GQ walks on water. No need to upgrade anywhere else when you have him. I think they're setting themselves up for a hard fall this season when reality hits.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Other than winning the Super Bowl (or watching Brady have his sternum blasted out the back of his jersey), nothing would please me more than having a healthy Rams team drop a 50-3 beatdown on a healthy 9ers team... in San Jose.

Oh, I just thought of this. What do these things have in common?

durex-pleasuremax-bulk-condoms.jpg
serveimage

Both are called "Jimmy Hats"... and both cover up pricks for the protection of others...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
OK, gents. For those that care to analyze the collective mental disorder that is Niner fandom, here are some recent NN board comments to an interview with Kyle Shanahan, who, when asked to comment on the Rams kick-azz off season said "It is what it is.."
  • Hot take: Ram games are gimmes

Heard it here first folks
  • Its gonna be funny when they dont win the SB though.
  • ▼ I wish we were less hyped and am glad they are getting all the hype

for one we don’t deserve, at this point, to be in the same conversation as the Rams. they have a much better overall roster and won the division last year winning 11 games. With that said, I think we are better off playing with a chip on our shoulder and being the "under dog" to the Rams in the division. I also agree with John Middlekauf that all of these additions the Rams made will put even more pressure on McVay to do even better than last year. as he pointed out he’s a young coach that acts more like an offensive coordinator playing HC than an actual HC. I say the let the expectations mount and the pressure build for the Rams. With the volatile players they added and a young, inexperienced HC, it makes for the perfect implosion if things start slowly.

• Donald & Suh is formidable, but what can they do if we run outside…making those guys run laterally all game long will really emphasize the lone weakness…and if their ILBs can’t compensate…no teams can HOPE to win if they can’t stop the run. I know it’s a passing league…and stopping the pass is #1 but that assume somewhat competence in Run defense…also Suh is known to gobble RBs…that’s more for inside and power…vs Kyle’s offense…ours is the anti-thesis of what the Rams are strong at. run outside all day long and when they over-compensate..play action for a splash play…let Jimmy’s short-distance accuracy and Jerick/Taylor carve them.
  • "Now I’ll just scheme around those additions and kick their butts anyway".
  • What's crazy about the NFC is

you can make a legitimate argument LA is the 4th best team in the conference. In the playoffs, I’d take healthy Eagles and Saints over Rams. Maybe even Vikings depending on where the game is played. Their aggressive offseason could easily result in failure based on what the expectations of the fanbase/media are.

• Vikings beat the Saints with Case Keenum at QB last year. They’re easily at least a top-2 NFC team with Cousins at the helm.
  • With that defensive roster + Wade Phillips and their good but not great offensive roster + Mcvay. if it comes together fast then they could realistically be a 16-0 team. I hate the rams, but they’re the most stacked team I’ve ever seen and I’ve been watching football my entire life. I’m only 24, but i just don’t remember a team this stacked before. I know they’re weak on the edge and at linebacker, but i assume their 1st rounder will take care of one of those. Wouldn’t be surprised if they sign Bowman either, and with another year post-surgery under his belt he’ll probably be much better then last year.

It’s kind of ridiculous and I pray they implode, but all the knuckleheads are on defensive and they have a true veteran in Phillips leading them. Talib respects him and I feel will keep Peters under control. All you have to worry about is Suh, which is a big worry, though seeing Talibs respect for Phillips and knowing why he’s there (1 year deal to win a ring) I think he’ll be under control. Kind of blows. really blows. Shanahan can couch the 9ers to a win though, i believe it. Jimmy G can dice them like he did the Jaguars, it will be tough though.
  • 16-0?

1f602.png

Do they have a stacked roster?

Yes.

Are they a team that you would say is likely to go 16-0 off that roster?

LOL

Goff will intercept them to at least one loss.

• Most stacked ever?

They’re not even the most stacked team in the NFC this season.
  • typically I see defenses dominate due to outside pass ushers and shutting down the run

Phillips is taking a gamble…hoping that the inside disruption and outside coverage will contain most teams

I can’t help but think that doubling down on inside push is diminishing returns..you’re basically putting your 2 best defensive guys to work in a phone booth (vs pass)…or forced to run laterally all day (vs run)…only a fool would run up the gut on these guys..

As under-valued as they are…ILBs are the core of the defense…and anything less than avg play will completely undermine the defense because not being able to stop the run…is pitiful and niners fans saw that when we were giving up 200+ yards to back-up RBs

• It is what it is until it isn't

Meaning the Rams are the reigning NFC west champs, off season champs and on paper are the team to beat. But that’s all irrelevant when the games start and if they start slow look out. This team has not faced adversity and in the biggest game they faced they went out like Lambs. When the heat is on ALL of their new acquisitions have melted down. SUH, PETERS and TALIB do not respond well when challenged. Push their buttons and watch them implode…. Keep hammering them with short quick passes, traps and wham blocks and by the 4th quarter we will be getting 15-30 extra yards per possession because those 3 will lose their cool. Book it
  • They beat us 39-41 and we had Brian hoyer!!

A Wade Philips defensive, can’t never stop an Kyle Shanahan offensive! We don’t have elite offense…tru indeed….. but watch how elite the defense gonna look this year….. the offense hurt the defensive all year until Jimmy showed faith:) the defense was tired and still performing …i wish we had an elite pass rusher and or wide out….but I think Kittle and Trent Taylor and Bourne have potential to take a next step!!
  • It will be so funny

I can’t wait for the rams to play the 9ers. 9ers fans are getting all hyped up thinking they have a shot at making the playoffs. Reality will soon check in. Don’t get me wrong, I do think they are getting better but they still have holes to fill. The rams sucked for a lot of years but one thing fisher did, was draft well. With new management running the 9ers, they should get better.

It will all come down to jimmy g and his contract. If he’s as good as his 5 game sample then everything will look bright going forward. If he turns out to be just ok, that contract will kill this team. Just like the Rams, they are not sneaking in on anyone this year. The 9ers schedule looks pretty tough so I think 7 or 8 wins will be good progress. Good luck guys.

Don't hate the Whiners enough yet? Can't wait for the season.

Ya, I’ve had to put up with this kind of crap all my life, living in SF territory.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
My buddy is a 9er fan. He is head over heals for Jimmy’s G String. He truly believe he’s their savior.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Had an argument with a Whiners fan recently. His reasons why the 49ers are the best team in the NFL were obviously crazy. Just a couple points:
  • Jimmy G is better then Tom Brady. TB12 was scared to lose his job so he forced the Patsies to trade him away
  • Deforest Buckner will end up being a better player then Aaron Donald
  • Richard Sherman is the best CB in the league
  • We have nobody who can cover their receivers
  • Jerrick McKinnon is also uncoverable out of the backfield
  • We have no receivers
  • Jared Goof sucks
So yeah, they’re pretty full of themselves this year.