Nike's new Pro-Bowl uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
attachment.php

Not that I was going to watch the Pro-Bowl anyway, but this just reinforces my hatred of Nike's designs. Their take on the Rams uniforms is crappy but these are even worse than the Jaguars uniforms. I didn't think I could see anything that bad.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Disagree. As something different I can see the appeal but the Rams horns should be yellow/gold because that's a stylized interpretation of real Rams horns. The Rams have gone blue happy as it is and I pray that they'll revert at some point.

The design and colors of today's Rams uniforms is downright unlikable to me. Which is something I thought I'd never say. Watching them play nowadays is like watching them in the throwbacks from '95. I imagine like Steelers, Packers and Broncos fans watching some of those awful throwbacks they've had.

I just can't reconcile going from the best uniforms the league ever had to what they have now. Not only are they bad, they look like bootleg knockoffs of the bad design.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
There's only certain things on the uni that are untouchable. These are probably agreed upon by most if not all Rams fans.

1. The horns on the helmet.
2. Arches on the sleeves.

And probably more so number 1 is the only one that is agreed upon by all Rams fans. But I've seen multiple people make the case for number 2.

I've never seen anyone say the horns have to stay gold/yellow. Would you prefer to move toward an even more realistic horn on the helmet?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Couldn't care less about the Bore Bowl,an ugly uniform for an ugly game. Fits perfectly.

But damn man, NFL must be missing Reebok right about now, Nike hasn't done much right in the term of jerseys.

moklerman

Warner-phile
ChrisW said:
There's only certain things on the uni that are untouchable. These are probably agreed upon by most if not all Rams fans.

And probably more so number 1 is the only one that is agreed upon by all Rams fans. But I've seen multiple people make the case for number 2.

I've never seen anyone say the horns have to stay gold/yellow. Would you prefer to move toward an even more realistic horn on the helmet?
Not from the examples I've seen. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it but it would need to remain very faithful to what Gehrke came up with back in '48. The skinny horns are killing me though.

No team had a better helmet than the Rams. There are some classy looking one's out there but none have been better than the horns. I realize it's the NFL team that gives final approval on these things so Nike isn't solely to blame but they are the one's coming up with the designs that are influencing these decisions.

As to number 2? Horns on the sleeves or at least something like the Panthers have and what the Rams had with the blue & whites. The arch, to me, was just the catalyst to the skinny-fying of everything on the uniform.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
moklerman said:
ChrisW said:

Not from the examples I've seen. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it but it would need to remain very faithful to what Gehrke came up with back in '48. The skinny horns are killing me though.

No team had a better helmet than the Rams. There are some classy looking one's out there but none have been better than the horns. I realize it's the NFL team that gives final approval on these things so Nike isn't solely to blame but they are the one's coming up with the designs that are influencing these decisions.

As to number 2? Horns on the sleeves or at least something like the Panthers have and what the Rams had with the blue & whites. The arch, to me, was just the catalyst to the skinny-fying of everything on the uniform.

Ahhhh, old school. At some point there's going to be a shift to more modern uniforms. I'm sure with having to wear the thigh and knee pads there's already ideas being put into motion for new pants and the like.

I fully expect uniform designs to move into a more modern look. They don't have to be a gaudy as the Oregon Ducks, but a more mechanical over natural look is where I see it going.

moklerman

Warner-phile
ChrisW said:
Ahhhh, old school. At some point there's going to be a shift to more modern uniforms. I'm sure with having to wear the thigh and knee pads there's already ideas being put into motion for new pants and the like.

I fully expect uniform designs to move into a more modern look. They don't have to be a gaudy as the Oregon Ducks, but a more mechanical over natural look is where I see it going.
Not out of necessity. The Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, etc. all look as timeless as they ever have. The material may change and even improve, but there's no need to convert these things.

I also wouldn't say old school. Timeless is a better term IMO. It's not like the Rams didn't have to evolve into what their best uniforms became but I think they stayed very true to themselves along the way. Even the change in '00 was still relatively faithful to the brand. But they keep tinkering with it and removing what made it so great IMO.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
ChrisW said:
rams1.jpg

I like the colors on the helmet, that's it.

This is a fans rendition from at least 2, maybe 3 years ago. At least Nike CLAIMED they had nothing to do with it back then. Personally, I like it. A lot. In fact, I like a LOT of the designs shown in the link below. Some are hideous, but some are bangin IMO:

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/522216-nike-pro-combat-nfl-uniforms-check-out-fake-unis-that-tricked-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5222 ... icked-fans</a>

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Faceplant said:
ChrisW said:
rams1.jpg

I like the colors on the helmet, that's it.

This is a fans rendition from at least 2, maybe 3 years ago. At least Nike CLAIMED they had nothing to do with it back then. Personally, I like it. A lot. In fact, I like a LOT of the designs shown in the link below. Some are hideous, but some are bangin IMO:

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/522216-nike-pro-combat-nfl-uniforms-check-out-fake-unis-that-tricked-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5222 ... icked-fans</a>

Still like the helmet colors.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ewww those are the worst NFL unis ever. What the hell is up w/ the green and orange?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
moklerman said:
attachment.php

Not that I was going to watch the Pro-Bowl anyway, but this just reinforces my hatred of Nike's designs. Their take on the Rams uniforms is crappy but these are even worse than the Jaguars uniforms. I didn't think I could see anything that bad.

These are pretty bad. Had they used red and blue where they used the neon colors it wouldn't have been bad though.