1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'GENERAL SPORTS TALK' started by Merlin, Apr 10, 2017.

1. HeiseNBerg

Starter
    Expand Collapse

I was watching the draft as it happened -- I'm digging this move. Pens could use more of a physical presence -- while they have guys who like to dish out the hits (Kunitz, Hornqvist, Wilson, etc), they really didn't have a true enforcer. I'm excited!

Oskar Sundqvist is a work in progress -- he'd occasionally crack the lineup in the hump of the season (Jan - Feb) when other guys were rehabbing injuries. Haven't seen enough of him to give you a solid opinion on what the Blues are getting in him, though.

So, how are you feeling about acquiring Brayden Schenn? That could turn out to be a good move.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
    Expand Collapse

#122 Memento, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    I'm stoked about acquiring Schenn. He fits at right wing, gives us a net presence that we've lacked when Backes and Brouwer left, can take faceoffs, and - best of all - we dumped Lehtera and his albatross of a contract for him. I don't even care that we gave up first round picks, so long as Lehtera is gone.

You guys are going to love Reaves, though. He's good in the clubhouse, and a demon on the ice. Doesn't take stupid penalties, pretty damn good defensively, and his toughness can't be said enough about. I remember him literally pulling his own tooth out when it got jarred loose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HeiseNBerg

Starter
    Expand Collapse

Nice -- looking forward to the season.

BTW, Pens open the season at home on Oct. 4, hosting your Blues. If you're up for a friendly wager, I'm game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
    Expand Collapse

Sure thing~ What do you want to wager?

5. HeiseNBerg

Starter
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm.....I'll have to think of one. Let me chew on it for a while.

6. Ramlock

Woo Pig Sooie
    Expand Collapse

Seemed like a lot to give for winger scoring, what, 7 goals a year?

The reports frame Reaves as a good teammate and someone that will deter the liberties taken against Crosby, Sheary, Guentzel,etc.

It is reported that he's worked on his skating speed.

We'll see.