NHL Playoffs Off to Violent Start (8:28)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
video removed because it auto-starts and it's screwing up all the other videos on this page.

so....... yeah.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Mmmm Mmmm bitch, this is what it's about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSIkLEhYHs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmRtmsbJdo[/youtube]

For the record, this is a perfectly 100% clean hit, good hockey play. Vancouver (and CBC because they like to bow down to Vancouver, kind of like ESPN and the the Pats, etc) like to say that it was dirty, and tried to find something dirty about it, but it was clean. The guy who was hit (Sedin) also said it was a good clean hit, they just want something to whine about because they're down 3-0 in the series... I don't like how they showed the clip while saying 'dirty play and bad hits', but either way.

Good hit, totally legal, and I loved every second of it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a Blues fan, I love physical lunch-pail hockey. It's my thought that if you aren't physical in the playoffs, you won't win the Cup. Yes, skill is a necessity, but if you don't finish your checks and play a two-way game, you're going to lose.

I grew up with guys like Chris Pronger, Scott Stevens, Kelly Chase, and Tony Twist on my team. I've heard folklore about the Plagers and Bob Gassoff, folklore that you wouldn't believe. I'm proud of the fact that the Broad Street Bullies were actually formed to combat the Blues' physical style. Roman Polak (the big defenseman shown in this video kicking the fucking snot out of the Sharks player, Braun) is my favorite player on the team. Oh, and my favorite play of the year isn't a goal, assist, or save. It's that brilliant reverse hit on Kulikov by Patrik Berglund.

However, I'm not a fan of the cheap shit that's been happening. Before the playoffs even started, there was a disgusting cross check by Warren Peters that only got a one game suspension (you can recall that I've complained about that in another thread). Weber slamming Zetterberg's head into the turnbuckle isn't a hockey play at all and deserved a suspension. Asham and Carkner should have long suspensions for their actions. I can count quite a few players on the Sharks (and two players on the Blues in McDonald and Sobotka) who should have been fined, including Burns, Braun, Moore, and Galiardi.

The total cheapshot by Torres on Hossa was the worst play thus far. I'm far from being a Hawks fan, and I think that Torres should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs and twenty games for next season - that is, if he's not banned for good. And don't even get me started on the actions of Todd Bertuzzi, Chris Simon, Matt Cooke, and Patrice Cormier.

I don't give a fuck what these people in the video are saying; this is not hockey, and fate help the people who think it is. You want to know why I feel that way? Because not even someone like Tony Twist would have done half of the shit that some of these guys did. It started with the rise of guys like Claude Lemieux and Ulf Samuelsson. They were talented players, but they made their living off of cheap shit that sometimes ended the careers of talented players. Now we have punks like Torres, Cormier, and Peters. None of them have an ounce of talent, but they've gotten on teams because they're cheap fuckers who try to hurt other players every - time - they're - on - the - ice. That sort of bullshit cannot go on.

Just my honest opinion.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The NHL Playoffs do seem more violent this year. I'm not sure why they have been. I saw this, it was pretty funny...at least Shanahan has a sense of humor

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKOywERtbig[/youtube]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:
The NHL Playoffs do seem more violent this year. I'm not sure why they have been. I saw this, it was pretty funny...at least Shanahan has a sense of humor

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKOywERtbig[/youtube]

That's not Shanaban's work; the guy who made this was doing a satire.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah that's not Shanahan... Shanahan pisses me off, he's too inconsistent. Weber only getting a fine, things like that.

In game 4 in LA Dustin Brown was hit in the face by a puck, and when he was getting back up, Henrick Sedin being the giant fucking pussy he is decided to get him back for the hit in game 3 and skated by and threw an elbow while Brown was recovering and getting back up to his feet.

NHL didn't even say a word about it even though a few people asked. Basically because Brown isn't a vagina and didn't go down hurt, they're saying it's okay. Even though Sedin's intent was to throw an elbow to the head while Brown was in a vulnerable position after being hit in the face with a puck and having a bloody nose... After all the talk about safety all year long, a blatant target to the head goes unnoticed?

I mean even CBC said it might get looked at, and they're so biased towards Vancouver it's not even funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su01Q3DAoCk[/youtube]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Man I feel like an idiot :oops: I actually thought that Shanahan was doing a spoof since he takes a lot of heat on this stuff.