NFL's five most disappointing players of 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Last edited:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Were you though? The line play has been pretty damn atrocious....

ok I am ready to get beat up on this one but hear goes. last year we ran ta on jet sweeps all the time most were fakes. I think if the df has a middle blitz called and they see ta coming on a jet sweep they call it off because they don't want their lb up the middle while ta is going around the end. last year I noticed if we faked gurlly up the middle and ta on the j s the pass protection was really good. if we ran a lot of j s we would limit the routes ta could run but he could still run some and the df could not bump and run with him as easy. pluss if we faked it to him a lot then when we did give it to him it might work better. i really think this would help get our ol get back to where it was last year.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
ok I am ready to get beat up on this one but hear goes. last year we ran ta on jet sweeps all the time most were fakes. I think if the df has a middle blitz called and they see ta coming on a jet sweep they call it off because they don't want their lb up the middle while ta is going around the end. last year I noticed if we faked gurlly up the middle and ta on the j s the pass protection was really good. if we ran a lot of j s we would limit the routes ta could run but he could still run some and the df could not bump and run with him as easy. pluss if we faked it to him a lot then when we did give it to him it might work better. i really think this would help get our ol get back to where it was last year.
100%. Those TA runs did a lot for this offense. It's been an element almost completely lacking from our offensive gameplan. At this point in time last year. Tavon was averaging 3 carries a game for 9.3 yards per carry.

That's 3 runs, typically going off the edge on a sweep, for first down yardage each time. And they motioned him on fake sweeps frequently as well.

Tavon has earned criticism for his play, and no he's not playing up to that contract right now, but the play calling has been sorely lacking as well.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I certainly won't beat you up about that. There does need to be more variety in play calling. Especially in the running game. Just slamming Gurley up the middle can only do so much. But regardless of creativity, the linemen still need to win 1on1s when they get them. And I don't see that often.