NFL's biggest bandwagon fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Then you also have teams that have relocated.......a la the Cardinals and Rams

I measure the bandwagon crowd differently I guess. When a perennial loser starts winning and you suddenly see jerseys and shirts and jackets of a team all across the country and their stadium is filled with people that just want to be part of the experience, then you have bandwagon fans. The Patriots and Seahawks always come to mind when I think of bandwagon fans. You didn't see hide nor hair of either teams fans anywhere outside of their city and now you cannot go out on a fall day without seeing the colors of either, hundreds or thousands of miles from their city.

FRO

Legend
What irks me is that St. Louis gets the label of a bad football town, or a baseball only town. In the 20 years the Rams have been here we have had 4 playoff teams. The Cardinals have been to the World Series 4 times in the last 10 years and have been to the NLCS a bunch more times. So naturally the casual sports fan is going to gravitate to the team that is more successful. Not many fan bases would do well in a 9 year playoff drought and a 5 year stretch of 15-65 football. Right now the fan base is down to die hards because the casual fan isn't interested in a loosing franchise.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gentlemen this issue used to bother me, but not anymore, maybe it comes with age, however, when the Rams went on their run, albeit a short one I came across fans that donned Ram paraphernalia and I knew just in conversation that they had not been rooting for the Rams that long, but I was okay with it and hugged in celebration just the same.

Funny when it's other teams, it bothered me, but when they were bandwagon jumpers for my beloved team I embraced them and would just walk away saying to my other Ram comrades of many years..."There is plenty of room on the bandwagon."
I'll volunteer to be the Wagon Master of that Wagon Train, or at least the Head Scout! this year!!(y)
there will be a Lot of New Fans by the Time we Storm into the SB this Year!:D

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Really breaks my heart Seattle isn't on this list! When I saw the title I got way to excited and was envisioning the reactions from Hawks fans on my FB only to see they weren't on the list and we were... That's some bulls***.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Here's my top ten and as you can tell, they're all Shehag fans:
funny-fat-gigantic12.jpg

funny-fat-gigantic08.jpg

funny-fat-gigantic03.jpg
funny-fat-gigantic10.jpg
funny-fat-gigantic13.jpg
funny-fat-gigantic14.jpg
funny-fat-gigantic17.jpg
UGGGHHH!!!! Can't.....un-see....

Damn you, Alan.....

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Wouldn't this be more fairweather?
I wouldn't even go that far, maybe for the Saints and the Chargers because they're not consistently bad, so there's really no reason to think they won't be back to form eventually.

But for teams like the Rams, Browns, Jag and Raiders. Can you really call it fairweather when people don't want to weather a storm that's been going on for 10 year and only want to come back when they know it's clear and that they're not just going to come out and get caught in the storm again?

Like for those teams there's been children born, raised and are now pimple faced, disobedient teenagers who STILL haven't seen their favorite team go to the playoffs, for some not even a winning season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll volunteer to be the Wagon Master of that Wagon Train, or at least the Head Scout! this year!!(y)
there will be a Lot of New Fans by the Time we Storm into the SB this Year!:D

And we will welcome everyone sir with open arms!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And we will welcome everyone sir with open arms!

I love the attitude you display about new fans. Sometimes long time fans get a bit "uppity" when someone shows an interest and is new to the team. It's not a good thing and like you I like to say "all aboard".

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I love the attitude you display about new fans. Sometimes long time fans get a bit "uppity" when someone shows an interest and is new to the team. It's not a good thing and like you I like to say "all aboard".

That why Les is more!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Fuck that. I hear so much bullshit day in and day out being a Cowboys fan that if you didn't suffer right along with is, not only will you NOT be allowed on the bandwagon, but you'll get a black eye while being kicked off. #thuglife

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
freak that. I hear so much bullcrap day in and day out being a Cowboys fan that if you didn't suffer right along with is, not only will you NOT be allowed on the bandwagon, but you'll get a black eye while being kicked off. #thuglife
Suffer! Give me a break. You and your Cowgirl fans ... see what it's like to suffer through 15-65.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Any list of 'Bandwagon' fans that doesn't include 49er 'fans' is invalid. My entire life has been spent among these fair-weathered, uninformed & spoiled Bay Area dandies. Thousands of them have recently purchased SF Giant or Warrior caps and have no idea where their football team moved to...

I know several loyal 49ers fans too, but they're vastly outnumbered.
images
images
Totally Agree, some of the worst band wagoneers ever. There was even a talk show host out here that had her Dumperdink burned at a Whiner game. Whiner and Giant fans are horrible and fast becoming worse then Raider fans.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
So, you're like 80? Congrats on still being alive and stuff. :LOL:
No. I'm talking about 15 wins and 65 losses from 2007 to 2011. And I'm 55.

You're stinking Cowgirls have been partially competitive (8-8 for 3 years) through most of that. I wouldn't expect you to have sympathy for the Rams themselves, but their fans?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, you're like 80? Congrats on still being alive and stuff. :LOL:
Clearly you don't know what 15-65 means. It means no one here has any sympathy for your suffering and hatred toward bandwagoners. I gotta say Rynie - I can't think of a team with more fans than the cowboys that are fans because they think it's hip. Maybe the Raiduhs because they think it's gangsta. Of course these bandwagoners may be the very fans you hate but you may also have more of them than any other team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Clearly you don't know what 15-65 means. It means no one here has any sympathy for your suffering and hatred toward bandwagoners. I gotta say Rynie - I can't think of a team with more fans than the cowboys that are fans because they think it's hip. Maybe the Raiduhs because they think it's gangsta. Of course these bandwagoners may be the very fans you hate but you may also have more of them than any other team.

There should be a private fucking club called "The 1565 Club". We can have our own handshake, maybe a tattoo, some strippers, free handjobs, everyone is a VIP. Simple stuff like that, nothing extravagant just the basics.

The password to get in would be "linehaslespag". :)

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I was expecting to see Seattle at the top of the list...they're not even in the top 10?

It's a bullshit list :jerkoff:as far as I'm concerned.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
No. I'm talking about 15 wins and 65 losses from 2007 to 2011. And I'm 55.

You're stinking Cowgirls have been partially competitive (8-8 for 3 years) through most of that. I wouldn't expect you to have sympathy for the Rams themselves, but their fans?
Oh!! I thought you meant you suffered from the age of 15-64. Lmao. Derp. Well, if the Rams lose, you don't hear about it for a week on ESPN. Damn, I can't wait until we play y'all here the next time around. We'll have a ROD tailgate, and my friends will hate me.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I gotta say Rynie - I can't think of a team with more fans than the cowboys that are fans because they think it's hip
I didn't know it's hip to rep a team that has been mediocre for 20 years now.