NFL's biggest bandwagon fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ona-cardinals-have-most-bandwagon-fans-in-nfl

From 2001 until 2013, one NFL franchise towered above the rest, at least in terms of bandwagon fans. While every NFL fan likes to throw the "bandwagon" insult around when talking about opposing fans, now we finally know which fanbase is most deserving of that label.

According to a new study conducted by Emory University, the Arizona Cardinals have the most bandwagon fans in the league. The study specifically says that Cardinals "fans are most responsive to winning percentage in the NFL based on our statistical model of attendance."

As for the study's methods, you can read about the methodology here if you're a Cardinals fan and find the results hard to believe. Luckily, Cardinals fans aren't entirely alone, as the study compiled a list of the 10 teams with the most bandwagon fans.

Here's how the list shakes out:

1. Cardinals

2. Saints

3. Bills

4. Raiders

5. Redskins

6. Rams

7. Jaguars

8. Bengals

9. Chargers

10. Browns
Emory University also looked into other areas of NFL fandom. Among the most surprising of their discoveries was that Seahawks fans ranked very poorly in terms of "fan equity" in 2014. Fan equity measures "fans willingness to financially support their team." Meanwhile, the Cowboys ranked first in the NFL.

Anyways, you can read the full study here.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It does look that way, eh?
Yeah I mean, just look at the records from that period. From 2001 to 2013 the records of those individual ten:

1.98-126
2.122-102
3.83-135
4.77-146
5.90-134
6.99-133-1
7.91-133
8.108-114-1
9.126-98
10.79-145

Two winning records and only one Super bowl title in that group, it's a depressing group of consistent losers, of course fans aren't going to stick around that's over 10 years of mediocrity. People are only human, I can't rightly call it bandwagoning for people of teams like this to only consider coming back when they actually show they'll be worth it.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who in the FAT hell is left on this bandwagon?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Any list of 'Bandwagon' fans that doesn't include 49er 'fans' is invalid. My entire life has been spent among these fair-weathered, uninformed & spoiled Bay Area dandies. Thousands of them have recently purchased SF Giant or Warrior caps and have no idea where their football team moved to...

I know several loyal 49ers fans too, but they're vastly outnumbered.
images
images

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What I meant was, who are the people who jumped on the bandwagon *just because we were winning* and have stayed on this long afterward?
That's not a bandwagon fan. That's a TRUE fan.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
What I meant was, who are the people who jumped on the bandwagon *just because we were winning* and have stayed on this long afterward?
That's not a bandwagon fan. That's a TRUE fan.

The only way the Rams could have any bandwagon fans is if they moved around hoping to catch on with the worst ( record wise) franchises in the NFL...Not that likely in my humble opinion...

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Well here in Vegas there's a lot of Sea fans that came out of nowhere the last 3-4 years.Can't wait to knock them off that wagon and they can go back into hiding.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't see how the bills and browns can be included on this list.

Funny list though. The shecocks should be 1 or 2 if we're being honest.

With everything that's going on with our beloved Rams these days... it really isn't possible to be a bandwagon Ram fan.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Any list of 'Bandwagon' fans that doesn't include 49er 'fans' is invalid. My entire life has been spent among these fair-weathered, uninformed & spoiled Bay Area dandies. Thousands of them have recently purchased SF Giant or Warrior caps and have no idea where their football team moved to...

images
images
The *exact*same thing can be said of cowgirl fans. I had the great displeasure of spending 9 years in the DFW area and when they aren't winning you can't find a fan.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen this issue used to bother me, but not anymore, maybe it comes with age, however, when the Rams went on their run, albeit a short one I came across fans that donned Ram paraphernalia and I knew just in conversation that they had not been rooting for the Rams that long, but I was okay with it and hugged in celebration just the same.

Funny when it's other teams, it bothered me, but when they were bandwagon jumpers for my beloved team I embraced them and would just walk away saying to my other Ram comrades of many years..."There is plenty of room on the bandwagon."

Ram Pat

Rookie

images
images

I live in the central valley Cal , I agree whole heartedly. They are the worst!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The *exact*same thing can be said of cowgirl fans. I had the great displeasure of spending 9 years in the DFW area and when they aren't winning you can't find a fan.
Just curious, but why didn't you like DFW? This is a great area.