NFLPA approves Drug Policy Proposal from NFL... But NFL says not so fast.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow

.@NFL statement after NFLPA vote: “We have not yet reached an agreement with the union. There continue to be significant unresolved issues”

8:19 PM - 12 Sep 2014

So the NFL submits a proposal, NFLPA approves it and now NFL says there is no agreement. Seems that the confusion/lack of communication in the NFL extends to more rampant that I thought.

Athos

Legend
NFL continues to prove its incompetence.

I'd say that, right now, it's bordering on worse than the NCAA.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've always thought suspensions under the old agreement should rightfully be served,may be the sticking point. I know there is a bias against the league here but until I get more facts IMA withhold judgement WHO is responsible for the "unresolved aspects".

FWIW this league is one of the most successful business models in the history of man ,no management is perfect ,while working on an MBA my Accounting unit instructor who was a Fortune 500 retiree made a statement that went like this "people at the top of the largest industries in the world are basically asked to foretell the future ,they play with such huge numbers that they only need to be correct about 4% more often than they are wrong to make a profit,if they hit on a 10% spread they are wildly profitable "
The mistakes of the NFL are highly publicized,their smart and functional decisions go unnoticed in a media culture that only wants to report bad news and class envy, just sayin' the attitudes of pre judgement are indicative of attitudes not entirely justified

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What's with this BS!? The NFL, gets their plan approved, then says, in effect, ' Wait a mnute, we have amendments ' WTF BS!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Or perhaps the union asked for changes.......jeez are all of you guys always inti league? You do realize the stupid policies were in many cases set up BY the union right?

Like the penalties for weed that so many of you complain about.......the layers WANTED that you know.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Or perhaps the union asked for changes.......jeez are all of you guys always inti league? You do realize the stupid policies were in many cases set up BY the union right?

Like the penalties for weed that so many of you complain about.......the layers WANTED that you know.
Could be the league wants the HGH testing to start immediately and the Union wants till the end of the year , until we have all the details it's just attitudes and axes to grind

V3

Hall of Fame
Geez. Figure it out already. Josh Gordon would like to know when he can come back and play for team Veni Vidi Vicious.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The "business side" is ruining the game. Football ten years ago was better than today's game.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The "business side" is ruining the game. Football ten years ago was better than today's game.

The game is changing out of necessity in many cases to survive the litigation brought on by things that happened ten years ago and longer, but we still watch and the whole is larger than ever with forums and fantasy leagues,three offerings a week ,franchise values over a billion dollars ,I'd say it's not close to being "ruined" it's just not living up to nostalgic sentiment ,but again we carp and watch more and more,and post and play fantasy

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't like all the new safety flags, no fun flags, fines, o
The game is changing out of necessity in many cases to survive the litigation brought on by things that happened ten years ago and longer, but we still watch and the whole is larger than ever with forums and fantasy leagues,three offerings a week ,franchise values over a billion dollars ,I'd say it's not close to being "ruined" it's just not living up to nostalgic sentiment ,but again we carp and watch more and more,and post and play fantasy

I'm talking about the game itself, not fantasy, team values or anything like that.

This use to be a lot more of a blood game and now it's lost a spark with all the rule changes. All the extra penalties and reviews are lame, it's ruining the game. Maybe I'm just speaking for the minority

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't like all the new safety flags, no fun flags, fines, o

I'm talking about the game itself, not fantasy, team values or anything like that.

This use to be a lot more of a blood game and now it's lost a spark with all the rule changes. All the extra penalties and reviews are lame, it's ruining the game. Maybe I'm just speaking for the minority
I agree.
The thing that bugs me the most, is that they've made the refs a bigger part of the game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree.
The thing that bugs me the most, is that they've made the refs a bigger part of the game.

Oh yeah, they play a HUGE role now. I use to feel like its jacked up if they do play a huge role, now it's expected. There lyes the problem...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I will have to say that it's ironic that the position most effected by all the new "safety" measures is called Safety:eek:

As far as the league ruining the game, ALL IT WOULD TAKE for the game to be all you want is for the union to accept in behalf of the players the intrinsic risks of the game, players from the past are not suing the union they are suing the league,if they shared the culpability for damage done to players the league wouldn't have to cover it's ass.
I'm pretty confident we'd all act in very similar fashion if we were asked to protect the league from the legal perils it faces.
BTW I have yet to see a running back called for using his helmet as a battering ram dropping it and hitting the tacklers ,thought they were going to police that too.