NFL will post full classic games on YouTube

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...c-games-on-youtube-under-renewed-partnership/

NFL will post full classic games on YouTube under renewed partnership
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 12, 2016

youtube-logo2.jpeg

The NFL has renewed its partnership with YouTube and will beef up its presence on the world’s most popular internet video service, including posting full games for the first time.

Full broadcasts of three of the most memorable games in the history of each NFL team will be posted on YouTube before the 2016 season begins, the NFL announced today.

The league launched its YouTube channel last year, and the NFL boasted in a press release today that its channel has almost 900 million views. That sounds like a lot, although it’s worth noting that the “Gangnam Style” video alone has about three times as many views as the whole NFL channel.

For fans, the best part of the new partnership may be that the NFL is now planning to post some highlights on YouTube while games are still in progress. If you’re watching one game on Sunday afternoon and want to keep tabs on what’s happening around the rest of the league, that’s a great new feature.

A big part of the deal from the NFL’s perspective is that Google, which owns YouTube, has agreed to prominently display official NFL videos, news, kickoff time and broadcast information prominently in NFL-related search results.

Although the NFL has been more cautious than some sports leagues about embracing the Internet, recent deals like this one and the Twitter Thursday Night Football partnership show that the league is attempting to expand its online presence without killing its golden goose, its television contracts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
so.gif

They'll still take down any highlight video I make, so IDGAS what they do anymore.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
What would be the top three memorable games for the Rams, the '99 NFC Divisional, NFC Championship, and Super Bowl?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What would be the top three memorable games for the Rams, the '99 NFC Divisional, NFC Championship, and Super Bowl?
I would love to see the Rams in SB XIV against the Steelers, and the Rams Play-Off games Leading up to it!!:D

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
so.gif

They'll still take down any highlight video I make, so IDGAS what they do anymore.

Seeing that my 2013 highlight video is back up, I think the NFL is more lenient to YouTube users using their content so long as the description recognizes that it belongs to them. I'm most likely going to make a 2016 Los Angeles Rams highlight video thanks to that now

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seeing that my 2013 highlight video is back up, I think the NFL is more lenient to YouTube users using their content so long as the description recognizes that it belongs to them. I'm most likely going to make a 2016 Los Angeles Rams highlight video thanks to that now
Hmmmmm. I dunno, man. I'm skeptical. I tried three times to get a video up for Stedman (per his request) and they kept taking it the hell down. Wasn't even highlights either - it was just all of his catches in 2015. I used the copyright act language in the description, said all of the content belongs to the NFL and Rams, and it didn't seem to matter. I mean, I'll try one more time, but if they take it down again I fear I'll become homicidal.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-shortage-of-classic-games-folks-want-to-see/

There’s no shortage of classic games folks want to see
Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2016

09000d5d820d62f3_gallery_600-e1463151231571.jpg
Getty Images

So as part of Friday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, we asked a simple question based on the news that the NFL will be making classic games available via YouTube: Which one would you watch, start to finish?

The answers made it clear that there are plenty of great games fans would like to see. So with each team having three of its most memorable games posted to YouTube before the start of the 2016 season, here are some to consider, based on fan responses to a PFT question on Twitter.

The game that came up most often was the 1981 playoff epic between the Chargers and Dolphins, which San Diego won in overtime, 41-38.

Then there’s the Oilers-Bills game-for-the-ages from the 1992 postseason, which Buffalo won in overtime — by the same score of 41-38.

Or how about the playoff game from seven years later between the same two franchises (one had moved to Tennessee), with the Oilers-turned-Titans winning 22-16 thanks to Frank Wycheck’s lateral (or not) to Kevin Dyson?

Or maybe “The Catch” (from the same playoff season as the Chargers-Dolphins game) or “The Sea of Hands” or “The Immaculate Reception” or “The Tuck Rule” or any of the various non-boring Super Bowls from years gone by.

Fans of every team will have their favorites (or otherwise, since the losses are sometimes even more memorable). Feel free to list some that you’d like to see in the comments.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hmmmmm. I dunno, man. I'm skeptical. I tried three times to get a video up for Stedman (per his request) and they kept taking it the hell down. Wasn't even highlights either - it was just all of his catches in 2015. I used the copyright act language in the description, said all of the content belongs to the NFL and Rams, and it didn't seem to matter. I mean, I'll try one more time, but if they take it down again I fear I'll become homicidal.

I think the NFL won't allow their content uploaded by other YouTube users if it's raw content. This means you'll have to add music or put add some effects on your videos.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think the NFL won't allow their content uploaded by other YouTube users if it's raw content. This means you'll have to add music or put add some effects on your videos.
Yeah but my " All of Bradford's throws over 15 yards" video has been out there for years and I didn't doctor it at all. I think there's just some dude at NFL who makes arbitrary decisions about these videos or something.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Yeah but my " All of Bradford's throws over 15 yards" video has been out there for years and I didn't doctor it at all. I think there's just some dude at NFL who makes arbitrary decisions about these videos or something.

Sounds about right, you can give it another go but it's ultimately up to you if you want to re-upload those Bailey highlights.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sounds about right, you can give it another go but it's ultimately up to you if you want to re-upload those Bailey highlights.
You know, now that I think about it, some of my uploads were flagged immediately after they were done being processed. I'm talking less than a minute after they went live. Has that ever happened to you?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
You know, now that I think about it, some of my uploads were flagged immediately after they were done being processed. I'm talking less than a minute after they went live. Has that ever happened to you?

Nope, but I've heard stories from others who had that. If you uploaded the same exact video as before, it'll likely get flagged.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I would love to see the Rams in SB XIV against the Steelers, and the Rams Play-Off games Leading up to it!!:D
I can put up, through 'wetransfer' or google drive the 1979 playoff games....both are top notch. I can't put them on youtube, however.

Here is the tampa-rams 1979 nfc champ game on google drive, 2 gigs....great quality, CLICK TO DLOAD
: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S85iNO_NHaTHRTZkVVVjd6UGM

Here is the first half of Rams vs Dallas 1979 playoff (4.2 gigs): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S85iNO_NHaRmpReklDbnF2dG8
Here is the second half of Rams vs Dallas 1979 playoff (4.2 gigs):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S85iNO_NHaM2Z0bmRlUWV5OTg

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can put up, through 'wetransfer' or google drive the 1979 playoff games....both are top notch. I can't put them on youtube, however.

Here is the tampa-rams 1979 nfc champ game on google drive, 2 gigs....great quality, CLICK TO DLOAD
: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S85iNO_NHaTHRTZkVVVjd6UGM

Here is the first half of Rams vs Dallas 1979 playoff (4.2 gigs): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S85iNO_NHaRmpReklDbnF2dG8
Here is the second half of Rams vs Dallas 1979 playoff (4.2 gigs):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1S85iNO_NHaM2Z0bmRlUWV5OTg
Great! Thanks! I'm going to enjoy these a lot!!(y):yess::D