NFL Total Access last night had a fan pole and the Rams...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Was watching Last night and at the end of the show they did a family fued type game with Jamie Dukes and I believe Bucky Brooks they did a pole with fans on which teams that didnt make the playoffs last year will make the playoffs this year. Somehow our rams were the #1 answer in this pole. needless to say Douchebag Dukes had some smart ass comments about the Rams and said the pole must have been done in St Louis. Anyway thought it was pretty cool that apparently nationaly by fans the rams are starting to get some serious respect.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Was watching Last night and at the end of the show they did a family fued type game with Jamie Dukes and I believe Bucky Brooks they did a pole with fans on which teams that didnt make the playoffs last year will make the playoffs this year. Somehow our rams were the #1 answer in this pole. needless to say Douchebag Dukes had some smart ass comments about the Rams and said the pole must have been done in St Louis. Anyway thought it was pretty cool that apparently nationaly by fans the rams are starting to get some serious respect.
Is there anyway you can Link to this segment of that show? I'd Love to see it!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Schlereth was panning the fans decision to put the Rams #1. He says "questions about the OL, questions about the QB, questions about the WR corp..."

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Schlereth was panning the fans decision to put the Rams #1. He says "questions about the OL, questions about the QB, questions about the WR corp..."
Freak Schlereth! I can't stand to even hear him talk.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Is there any non-playoff team that DOESN'T have question marks? Heck, are there any playoff teams that don't have question marks? On the other hand - how many non-playoff teams have a part of the team as good as the Rams' D-Line?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
My exasperation with media opinions is at an all time high (save 99training camp listening to JT the Brick (Pr...). Back then during camp, I asked how anyone would cover Bruce, Faulk, Holt, Hakim, Proehl, and Conwell while I cited the success Green had in DC under Martz. He hung up on me and called me delusional.

When the season ended I called back to rub it in his pompous nose. He claimed I never called and dismissed me. I'm here to tell you, I'm keeping tabs on all these ridiculous posts, saving them, and can't wait to blow up their media sites with evidence that their stupidity should never be valued enough for publication ever again.

Stepping off drunken soapbox now....

jap

Legend

. . . and questions concerning the mental competence of one Mark Schlereth?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All good questions from Schlereth, however, the OL will be far better this year than last and considering that Kellen Clemens QB most of the games although he exceeded expectations one would surmise that Bradford and even Shaun Hill will be an upgrade and the WR core is like the Big Dig in Boston, it always seems to be a work in progress.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Donald was the pick heard around the world. It's weird the analysts are in more denial than the fans, though.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Donald was the pick heard around the world. It's weird the analysts are in more denial than the fans, though.
The media doesn't want to be caught dissing a team then have to backpedal when wrong! Lots of that gonna hppen this year with the Rams! :sneaky:

fearsomefour

Legend
Unrelated but a local radio guy where I live at the beginning of June was talking about how the Dodgers were 9 1/2 games back and would never catch the Giants.
When the Dodgers caught them and people called in to call him on it he would deny that is what he said.
Most of these guys are just fans of their team....or worse, have ESPNitis and can only talk about "star" names....LeBron, Peyton, Cowboys, Patriots, Red Sox ect.
Any championship without an easy, default talking point is deemed "boring".
Most of these guys are not knowledgable and worse are lazy.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Legit questions in my opinion.

But Schlereth always seemed to have an ax to grind when it came to the Rams... even back when they were really good, he'd find something.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There are a ton of unanswered questions, and they'll remain unanswered until the season starts. IMO, everything is in place now (OL, DL, QB, RB, WR, LB, CB, P, K) and the only truly unknown spot is safety. Every team has a weak link, so it is what it is. Now it's all up to the coaches to put these guys in the best position to succeed, and for the players to execute. It really doesn't get any simpler than that. Here's the play ... EXECUTE IT. If they can do that way more often than they don't, then all the questions will be answered by the end of their playoff run.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Poll. A pole is something a stripper dances on. Just sayin.

FRO

Legend
Every one of those media types had the Texans and the Redskins either winning their division or getting a wild card. I doubt many guys picked the Panthers or Eagles or thought the Cardinals would win 10 games. The majority if the national media only follows a handful of teams close (Broncos, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys) and then base a teams next season on their previous year record. We have a tough defense. We established a running game from week 5 on. We added a mauling LG. Our QB will be healthy. We got rid of our disastrous DC. I think we will find a 2-3 game improvement over last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Legit questions in my opinion.

But Schlereth always seemed to have an ax to grind when it came to the Rams... even back when they were really good, he'd find something.

The OL is not really a questionable position for the Rams this season. They didn't draft OT for this year, they drafted him for the long haul and even his projected position at LG there are other options. The remaining positions are not questionable in the least as you could do the same with any other team's line. Rams are in very, very good shape at OL for the first time in a long time.

QB is a legit question, but then again the Rams demonstrated a strong running game last year and there is no reason to think it will not be as strong or better. Given that, you can see with SF since Harbaugh came aboard the difference that makes. Sam has talent and with a running game and dangerous defense should be a consistent winning QB.

Same deal with the WR corps. Talent is there, they only need to execute an accommodating passing game to go with a strong ground game to be a playoff team.

Rams won 7 games the past two seasons with a complete roster turnover. It is hardly a stretch to think they can win 10 with all those picks maturing under this regime's third year. That kind of shortsighted BS coming from the talking heads is why nobody saw the Rams coming in 1999 even when the fans knew something special was brewing in preseason and maybe even camp.

Screw Schlereth, he's a tool.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
QB is a legit question, but then again the Rams demonstrated a strong running game last year and there is no reason to think it will not be as strong or better. Given that, you can see with SF since Harbaugh came aboard the difference that makes. Sam has talent and with a running game and dangerous defense should be a consistent winning QB.
The problem is that everyone was looking at Bradford in that Thursday night fiasco, when nothing was working for the Rams. And they want to classify the Rams' comeback in Atlanta as "garbage time." One stop and the ball is back in the Bradford's hands.

Meanwhile, the Rams won 4 games with Clemens, when most were speculating the Rams might win 1 or 2. And they beat up some good teams, and on the road. Now it's an absolute that Bradford would have done better than Clemens, so where's the question? If it's regarding health, fine. But Bradford played well in his last 3 games.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
There are a ton of unanswered questions, and they'll remain unanswered until the season starts. IMO, everything is in place now (OL, DL, QB, RB, WR, LB, CB, P, K) and the only truly unknown spot is safety. Every team has a weak link, so it is what it is. Now it's all up to the coaches to put these guys in the best position to succeed, and for the players to execute. It really doesn't get any simpler than that. Here's the play ... EXECUTE IT. If they can do that way more often than they don't, then all the questions will be answered by the end of their playoff run.

Here, Here.....(times) 10.