NFL Top 8 Rankings by Conference (5 games)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
NFL Top 8 Rankings by Conference.

With the NFL season now 17 games, I consider the first 5 games the completion of the first quarter with 12 games left to play.

Baltimore and Indianapolis still play tonight but even if Indy upsets, I don't have the Ravens falling in my Top 8.

For myself, considering a NFL rankings list mixed with the NFC & AFC teams after 5 games, has too many holes when comparing their schedules and head to head matches for both conferences.

Florida Rams "Top 8" NFL Rankings by Conference.

The Rams have the edge in the NFC by a hair.

The Bills have the edge in the AFC.

No I'm not homer. I see the Rams flaws like everyone else does.

Yes I know the secondary coverage units and special teams blunders have been their weak link after 5 games.

Having their 3rd defensive coordinator in three seasons. (Phillips, Staley, Morris) has it's worries as well.

The loss of OLB Justin Hollins for (8 - 10 weeks) was a huge loss.

The drop off with Darious Williams' performance from 2020 was not expected. Without improvement week to week going forward, the Rams will drop in the rankings sooner than later.

NFC Top 8 Rankings

#1 Rams 4-1 -
Had a stinker vs the Cardinals & played sub-par football at the Colts. Still the best team in the NFC by a hair.
la-rams-2020-1.png

#2 Bucs 4-1 - Reining SB champs had stinkers at the Rams & Patriots. Never underestimate Brady and the talented Bucs.
tampa_bay.png

#3 Cowboys 4 -1 - Have not had a stinker game this year. After 5 games, the Boys have shown they can go toe to toe with the favorites.
dallas.png

#4 Cardinals 5-0 - Only undefeated team left. Caught the Rams off balance & played 3 strange games vs the Vikings, Jaguars & 49ers.
arizona-nfl.png

#5 Packers 4-1 - Like the Cowboys, the Packers have won 4 straight. A savvy playoff experienced team with an all time great QB Aaron Rodgers.
green_bay.png

#6 Saints 3-2 - A scrappy up and down team to figure out. They have talent and a top head coach that knows how to get a team to the playoffs.
new_orleans.png

#7 49ers 2-3 - They have a bye week to get their QB's sorted out. More reps for Trey Lance more time to get Garoppolo to get healthy.
san_francisco.png

#8 Vikings 2-3 - (bubble team) Jekyll and Hyde but don't take this team for granted.
minnesota-nfl.png

AFC Top 8 Rankings

#1 Bills 4-1 -
They have blown the socks off of their last 4 opponents. Not much else needs to be said.
buffalo-nfl.png

#2 Chargers 4-1 - After 5 games in 2021, they have become the darlings of the AFC.
la-chargers-2020.png

#3 Ravens 3-1 - A team you can't always trust but one you don't want to see on your schedule.
baltimore.png

#4 Browns 3-2 - 2 big games Baker has burnt the cookies when the cook was required to perform. Still a dangerous team.
cleveland.png

#5 Chiefs 2-3 - Not they same caliber they were the last few seasons. This team can easily reel off 5 or 6 victories in a row.
kansas_city.png

#6 Titans 3-2 - A team the plays down to their competition but can sneak up on anyone if you relax on them.
tennessee-nfl.png

#7 Bengals 3-2 - Young & feisty. NFL teams no longer check Cincinnati off as an easy game when they see them on the schedule.
cincinnati-nfl.png

#8 Steelers 2-3 - (bubble team) you can throw Pittsburg in the mix of bubble teams with the Raiders, Broncos & Patriots.
pittsburgh.png

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'd swap out the shitters and Vikings for Panthers and Bears (for now).

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd swap out the shitters and Vikings for Panthers and Bears (for now).

Until I see more a couple more games, I can't swap out the 9ers and Vikings for a Sam Darnold and Justin Fields. I heavily considered it though .

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd put the Cards at the top of the NFC for now. But that injury to their TE is really gonna hurt them and take away a LOT of their options. They really have no one on their roster to step up. Check out this long thread about it on a Cards board:

If the Rams even eeked out an ugly game vs the Cardinals, almost everyone would have them ranked number one with a a 5-0 record. Cards kicked their ass and their 5-0 record has leverage.

I need to see 2 or 3 more games from the Cardinals before I rank them #1 in the NFC.

I get your drift though. The Rams need to blow some of their next few teams out or they will lose my top NFC spot in a hot second.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Panthers have to be over the Whiners. They added to their defense (C.J. Henderson and Jaycee Horn - when he's healthy - absolutely have to be one of the best young cornerback duos in the league), brought in weapons for Darnold, Darnold looks totally different from his Jets career, and they absolutely look good.

Oh, and they traded for Stephon Gilmore for pretty much nothing, and their pass-rush is dangerous. I do not want to play them.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I'd put the Cards at the top of the NFC for now. But that injury to their TE is really gonna hurt them and take away a LOT of their options. They really have no one on their roster to step up. Check out this long thread about it on a Cards board:

from the thread:

"Eifert would likely get injured signing his contract."

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Panthers have to be over the Whiners. They added to their defense (C.J. Henderson and Jaycee Horn - when he's healthy - absolutely have to be one of the best young cornerback duos in the league), brought in weapons for Darnold, Darnold looks totally different from his Jets career, and they absolutely look good.

Oh, and they traded for Stephon Gilmore for pretty much nothing, and their pass-rush is dangerous. I do not want to play them.

If they had a legit O-line, look out. Darnold might be there one weakness in that scenario...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Until I see more a couple more games, I can't swap out the 9ers and Vikings for a Sam Darnold and Justin Fields. I heavily considered it though .

Panthers are just a bit hurt right now. Once CMC comes back and maybe their CB Jaycee Horn, they'll be right back up there.

Bears still have a good D, and they've won their last 2. They actually are the better team right now, and Kirk Cousins has had 2 trash games in a row.