NFL to LA just got more interesting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
When they come up with a place to play then a team moving there becomes a possibility. And since the new stadium discussion goes back into the sixties and they are no closer now than then do the math.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When they come up with a place to play then a team moving there becomes a possibility. And since the new stadium discussion goes back into the sixties and they are no closer now than then do the math.
They've got plenty of places to play on an interim basis(Rose Bowl for example) and the new stadium situation has significantly changed in recent years. Because of the Coliseum Commission there was a large radius of area within LA that could not reasonably be considered for a new site. That lease with the city ended a couple of years ago and I don't think it's a coincidence that there are two stadium proposals now in place, ready to break ground and others lurking. Things are much further along than they have been in 20 years.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I went to my first Ram game in 68. They were talking about a stadium then. In the 70's it was going to be down town. 80's Inland empire. 90's Long beach. etc. The Rams / Raiders would still be in LA if they could have built a stadium. The Rose Bowl is approved as a temp site. You ever been to the Coliseum ? It sucks. Those was great back in the old days.
It's like this, there is a trillion dollars of rare earth minerals under Yellowstone park. Companies want it. The Gov. says just apply and we will get the ball rolling so they do. Then they find out that trillion dollars isn't going to generate profit after all the red tape.
I wish they would build a stadium. Fine with me if they move. I can just go see them there.
But honestly living close to 20 years of my life in Long beach, I don't think even the NFL can get a stadium built if even one faction is against it.