NFL Sack Record

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I know that the only stat that really matters is the Win/Loss Record but I will be pretty excited for the Rams Defense when they break the NFL Season Sack record (72/1984 Bears)! It may not be this coming season but I do think the Rams will eventually break that record soon thanks to the addition of Aaron Donald, Gregg Williams, an improving Defensive Backfield and an improving Offense that will hopefully give the Rams some leads which will force opponents to play catch up and throw the ball more. The Rams Defense should be really fun to watch in the upcoming seasons!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'm looking forward to seeing how this front 7 can play when the opponent is in a must pass situation. brockers, ogletree and jenkins should have big progressions this season with williams here. no excuses from the defensive players either (i.e. soft coverage, lack of blitz packages, etc.) . honestly, i agree about the sack record as being a good goal, but the only record i'm interested in the Rams this season is a winninig record. its been way too long.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Going after the sack record will result in the wins we desire as long as it's not at the expense of stopping the run.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Helps to play with a lead. Sure would be nice to be up on the other team at the start of the 4th quarter. Man, GSOT spoiled me. I used to be dancing in my living room in the 3rd quarter. :ROFLMAO:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm reminded of a Rodney Dangerfield line in Back to School: "my high school football team, they were rough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family." That's what they are going to be saying about the Rams (y)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
A little off topic but I think Brockers is due to have a big season. The addition of A.D should give him some space to really take advantage of.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I'm reminded of a Rodney Dangerfield line in Back to School: "my high school football team, they were rough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family." That's what they are going to be saying about the Rams (y)

Disturbingly, this sounds a little like Mike Tyson, wanting to eat someone's kids. I still like it.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I know that the only stat that really matters is the Win/Loss Record but I will be pretty excited for the Rams Defense when they break the NFL Season Sack record (72/1984 Bears)! It may not be this coming season but I do think the Rams will eventually break that record soon thanks to the addition of Aaron Donald, Gregg Williams, an improving Defensive Backfield and an improving Offense that will hopefully give the Rams some leads which will force opponents to play catch up and throw the ball more. The Rams Defense should be really fun to watch in the upcoming seasons!
There are so fewer 7 step drops....not many teams were getting the ball out in 2.3 to 2.7 seconds like now....so, I don't think the Rams have a chance. That don't mean they ain't the best!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Disturbingly, this sounds a little like Mike Tyson, wanting to eat someone's kids. I still like it.

Tyson's best quote ever was right after he destroyed Tyrell Biggs. Biggs outpointed him and got to go to the Olympics, and Tyson held a grudge. During the fight there were a few times that one more punch would have put Biggs out and Tyson obviously pulled back and let Biggs regroup. Finally he knocked him through the ropes with a big hook shot.

So after the fight Tyson is being interviewed and the guys says essentially "there were several times where it looked like you could have knocked him out but you didn't".

To which Tyson replied "I didn't like the things he was saying before the fight so I wanted to make him pay with his health. I wanted to beat him so bad him momma wouldn't recognize him".

It was awkward LOL.

jacobarch

There are so fewer 7 step drops....not many teams were getting the ball out in 2.3 to 2.7 seconds like now....so, I don't think the Rams have a chance. That don't mean they ain't the best!

Yes but teams also pass the ball more than ever now. So I think it kind of evens itself out. I think we'll have a chance if we continue on our current trend.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We have a good shot at breaking this, I beleive. Rams defensive line is one of the best ever assembled, period. With that said, teams will be gameplanning hardcore to protect the passer.

An added aspect to this scenario is even if they account for our incredible DL, do they account for guys like Joyner and Ogletree testing any crease left over? I don't know how you can and still get a pass off. I mean really, that's only rushing 6 ,with 5 in coverage, and absolute hell breaking loose in the opposing backfield.

Dam I wish I didn't live 3.5 hours away from STL. I'd buy season tickets right now if I even lived 2 hours away. I'll be going to 3-4 games, anyway.

jacobarch

We have a good shot at breaking this, I beleive. Rams defensive line is one of the best ever assembled, period. With that said, teams will be gameplanning hardcore to protect the passer.

An added aspect to this scenario is even if they account for our incredible DL, do they account for guys like Joyner and Ogletree testing any crease left over? I don't know how you can and still get a pass off. I mean really, that's only rushing 6 ,with 5 in coverage, and absolute hell breaking loose in the opposing backfield.

Dam I wish I didn't live 3.5 hours away from STL. I'd buy season tickets right now if I even lived 2 hours away. I'll be going to 3-4 games, anyway.

try living across the country :unsure:

try living across the country :unsure:

Try living across the Atlantic :shades:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Going after the record means us logging a slight better amount of 4.5 sacks a game.... That's a hell of a feat. Don't know if that is a realistic goal. we shall see

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a big Wild Card, as to what will happen. Gregg Williams scheme of misdirection and confusion, should wreak havoc in opposing backfields. Will that result in more sacks from blitzing LB's? I think so....Will the Dline benefit, I think so....

Will we break 74 sacks in one season? If we did, the team will go deep into the playoffs, like the Bears did.