NFL rules face paint as uniform violation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What about Ethan Westbrooks tat?

Headed down a dead end

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Perhaps they should outlaw dreadlocks next?

Come on, face paint? Really?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
image.jpg

And the next rule is....

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Goodell needs to go.
This shit he keeps putting out there grows more infantile by the week.
It's still a game. Keep it that way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't have a problem with that. I don't know that the term (uniform violation) is the right way to go about it, but I can see the intent there. The last thing the league needs is for hundreds of players competing for the best 'war face'. If unchecked, it could lead to players painting their face like The Ultimate Warrior from the WWF days, or someone showing up in evil clown makeup. Just put on your eye black and play ball. I don't care how much attention you wanna draw to yourself. It's stupid.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't have a problem with that. I don't know that the term (uniform violation) is the right way to go about it, but I can see the intent there. The last thing the league needs is for hundreds of players competing for the best 'war face'. If unchecked, it could lead to players painting their face like The Ultimate Warrior from the WWF days, or someone showing up in evil clown makeup. Just put on your eye black and play ball. I don't care how much attention you wanna draw to yourself. It's stupid.
Has it ever been a real problem before?
Is/was it hurting the game?
Is/was it making the fan experience less enjoyable?
Is/was it costing anyone anything?
Has anyone complained to the league?
Has anyone complained to anyone?

Its just another way for this bloated CEO of the greatest game in America to show control.

VARam

Roger is breaking what doesn't need to be fixed. keep it up, and this league will go the way of the NHL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Has it ever been a real problem before?
Is/was it hurting the game?
Is/was it making the fan experience less enjoyable?
Is/was it costing anyone anything?
Has anyone complained to the league?
Has anyone complained to anyone?

Its just another way for this bloated CEO of the greatest game in America to show control.
No, it's not been a problem before. But it's also not a new rule. This falls under "Player Appearance" in Section 4 of the NFL Rulebook. People might see it as Goodell squashing personal expression, but this isn't something he's enforcing personally. It's been around a while now, and I'm only suggesting that enforcing it now (with Hardy) is simply nipping even more extreme forms of personal expression in the bud. Unless people don't have a problem with players doing the whole "look at me thing" or watching them take it to new and inventive levels. Personally, I'm not a fan of that stuff. But that could just be me.

Philly5

Rookie
IMO, Goodell is lousy, but I can see where he is coming from. All about the $$$$, and having players painted up like American Indians or Zulu Warriors would not be a good thing for the viewing audience.

Isn't it amazing how powerless the NFLPA is? King Goodell and the owners got nothing without players.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Who cares?! The players are wearing helmets anyway -
there's a bigger problem in the stands:
images
images
upload_2014-9-7_6-21-4.jpeg