NFL reveals full schedule for Week 17: Cowboys, Steelers, Titans all flexed to add drama to playoff race

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NFL reveals full schedule for Week 17: Cowboys, Steelers, Titans all flexed to add drama to playoff race

The final week of the NFL season is almost always one of the wildest weeks of the year, and that usually happens for two reasons: For one, it's the only week of the regular season where every team plays on the same day; and two, it's the week where the race for the final few playoff spots (and final seeding) will finally come to an end.

To make things fair during the final week of the season, the NFL waits as long as possible before announcing the kickoff times in Week 17. The league finally announced the start times for each game on Sunday night, and many teams that were previously scheduled to kick off at 1 p.m. ET -- like the Steelers, Cowboys and Titans -- will now be kicking off at 4:25 p.m. ET.

Based on the new kickoff times for Sunday, it's looking like we're going to get a wild finish to the NFL season.

The 1 p.m. ET slot is being given to teams that have either clinched a spot in the playoffs or teams that have already been eliminated. For instance, the Chiefs and Patriots are battling it out for the second seed in the AFC, which is important because it comes with a bye. To prevent one team from possibly resting its starters, the teams will kick off at the same time on Sunday (1 p.m. ET).

In past years, you could have had a scenario where the Chiefs kicked off at 1 p.m. ET and the Patriots kicked off at 4:25 p.m. ET. In that instance, if the Chiefs kicked off first and lost, the Patriots could simply rest their starters in the later game. The NFL wants to prevent situations like that, which is why the league waits so long to announce the kickoff times.

After the early games, things should get kind of crazy in the 4:25 p.m. ET window and that's because there will be two playoff spots up for grabs. With five spots already clinched in the AFC, the Titans, Steelers and Raiders will be battling it out for the final spot, and they'll all be kicking off at 4:25 p.m. ET.

Out of that group, the Titans have the easiest path to the playoffs -- all they have to do is win and they're in. For a look at all the playoff scenarios that will be on the table for Sunday, be sure to click here.

In the NFC, the only playoff spot still up for grabs is the NFC East title. Due to that fact, the Cowboys and Eagles have both been flexed to 4:25 p.m. ET so that they're kicking off at the same time. If the Eagles beat the Giants, they'll be headed to the playoffs, but if they lose and the Cowboys win, then Dallas will be headed to the postseason.

Here's a look at the entire kickoff schedule for Week 17. The NFL previously announced that the 49ers and Seahawks would be closing out the season with the final Sunday night game of the year, and that game is also listed below.

1 p.m. ET
Dolphins at Patriots (CBS)
Chargers at Chiefs (CBS)
Jets at Bills (CBS)
Packers at Lions (Fox)
Bears at Vikings (Fox)
Saints at Panthers (Fox)
Falcons at Buccaneers (Fox)
Browns at Bengals (Fox)

4:25 p.m ET
Titans at Texans (CBS)
Steelers at Ravens (CBS)
Raiders at Broncos (CBS)
Colts at Jaguars (CBS)
Redskins at Cowboys (Fox)
Eagles at Giants (Fox)
Cardinals at Rams (Fox)

8:20 p.m. ET
49ers at Seahawks (NBC)

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
DAZN isn't showing the Rams game, so will probably have to settle with Red Zone.
Then finish the regular season off with 49ers v Seahawks.
Before that is the Chiefs, Pats, and Eagles games.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks CGI for your intentions..butI have an active case of don't care. I'd rather watch T.J. Hooker re-runs...

Last edited:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
AH flex................don't get me started

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Most of the country gets Redskins/Cowboys....why?

Eagles/Giants should be the more competitive game.

Oh well, I will be switching between Red Zone for the Rams and Titans/Texans.

Ram65

Legend
DAZN isn't showing the Rams game, so will probably have to settle with Red Zone.
Then finish the regular season off with 49ers v Seahawks.
Before that is the Chiefs, Pats, and Eagles games.

Stream it. Use first link listed in the middle of the page.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course the damn Ravens are resting their starters and possibly letting the Steelers back into the playoffs . I thought Harbaugh would try to embarrass them and squash their hopes . No such luck

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Of course the damn Ravens are resting their starters and possibly letting the Steelers back into the playoffs . I thought Harbaugh would try to embarrass them and squash their hopes . No such luck

I mean he could but let's be honest here. Every single time Lamar plays a game he's risking the inevitable.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean he could but let's be honest here. Every single time Lamar plays a game he's risking the inevitable.

I totally agree, but Harbaugh reminds me of a guy who would go against the norm to stick it to a rival . He went a little overboard running it up on the Rams this year for no reason . I know he has to despise the Steelers .