NFL Refs Set Record For Most Penalties Called In A Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
so you guys are complaining there are too many penalties and the game suffers from it and now you want to be able to review a penalty? So now the game takes 4 hours rather than 3? lol
It doesn’t seem to slow the college game much if at all.

I will agree though that they take WAY too long to review plays in the NFL. I don’t know what is different about the college review system but it doesn’t take nearly as long. I don’t buy that the NFL can’t do it quicker and make it fairly seamless.

They need "replay" for penalties. Officiating has been the absolute worst this season. At least 2 for penalty only replays.
If done right, that might add six minutes to a game. Does anyone really think that would make any difference to the enjoyability of the game? I don’t and it would IMO make for a better product.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of the things that is fantastic about basketball is the urgency. You have 24 seconds to inbound the ball, move it up the court and attempt a shot. I think that makes it as easy to watch as any sport. IMO the best athletes are playing ion the NBA.

I have never understood the attraction of basketball. I think it's a very boring sport. There's so much scoring, where's the challenge? Where's the excitement? Where's the build up of tension?

It's like watching a game of nfl with no punting or turnovers. Boring as.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wouldn't mind certain penalties being reviewed. Like a game changing PI call in the final minute. But I wouldn't be in favor of replaying every one or a large portion of them.

I still think refs should be made available for post game questions like players and coaches. That alone would hold them more accountable. Some of them seem to think the fans came to see them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Like the muscle ref.
df38a40e4530ec004f8680e1e1885bbf.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wouldn't mind certain penalties being reviewed. Like a game changing PI call in the final minute. But I wouldn't be in favor of replaying every one or a large portion of them.

I still think refs should be made available for post game questions like players and coaches. That alone would hold them more accountable. Some of them seem to think the fans came to see them.
I don’t think you would have to review a lot of penalties and also if you did, you might just find some of the phantom calls going away.

Interesting idea about making the refs available for questions. I like it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
That dude gets a shit eating grin on his face whenever he has to signal a foul that show off his muscles. I imagine his crew calls a pretty fair game because he'll call a penalty on smile so he can display his muscles.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That dude gets a crap eating grin on his face whenever he has to signal a foul that show off his muscles. I imagine his crew calls a pretty fair game because he'll call a penalty on smile so he can display his muscles.

Lol, true story. My old boss a few years ago had a daughter who dated his Ed Hochuli's son. I think his name is Brian. He was a Pac 12 ref at the time. My boss told me his daughter broke it off with him because he was so conceited. When they would get together all he wanted to do was play video of him reffing games and talk to her it about it.