NFL refs (possibly) back before week 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Don't have the link because I'm on my phone, but Softli tweeted it.

@SoftliSTL: Source; NFL Refs will be back to work before week 5 - conversation will pick up again next week. NFL cant afford another week of miscues

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Hallelujah!!!

Glad to see NFL corporate bending a little. Can't wait to see the deal the two sides work out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh. They all suck.

Now these guys will come back with a vengeance and throw 500 flags a game just to show who's boss. A happy medium between both incompetent groups is what's needed IMO.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Meh. They all suck.

Now these guys will come back with a vengeance and throw 500 flags a game just to show who's boss. A happy medium between both incompetent groups is what's needed IMO.
All I really want back is the experience to get the nuts and bolts (the effing clock, the encroachment causing false start, the QB slide) right.

I shudder at the thought of the calls getting worse, mainly because of the pressure growing for the replacements.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
Meh. They all suck.

All I really want back is the experience to get the nuts and bolts (the effing clock, the encroachment causing false start, the QB slide) right.

I shudder at the thought of the calls getting worse, mainly because of the pressure growing for the replacements.
The "regular" refs seemed (to me) to be making the game about them and not the sport. It just seemed like there couldn't be a single play without a flag last year. Freaking Ed Hochali had to get his face time in front of the camera and tell everyone how he saw someone get bumped 6 yards downfield, and all the mutual grab-assing that happens on every pass play almost ALWAYS went against the defense.

I just want them to chill a little. At least these refs let guys play on the outside, and they didn't try to call holding on every single play. That's why I'm kind of lobbying for a happy medium here. Let 'em play, but get a tighter leash on the extra-curricular stuff and protect the QBs. Also, like you said, be aware of replay rules and how the clock actually works.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
Meh. They all suck.

The "regular" refs seemed (to me) to be making the game about them and not the sport. It just seemed like there couldn't be a single play without a flag last year. Freaking Ed Hochali had to get his face time in front of the camera and tell everyone how he saw someone get bumped 6 yards downfield, and all the mutual grab-assing that happens on every pass play almost ALWAYS went against the defense.

I just want them to chill a little. At least these refs let guys play on the outside, and they didn't try to call holding on every single play. That's why I'm kind of lobbying for a happy medium here. Let 'em play, but get a tighter leash on the extra-curricular stuff and protect the QBs. Also, like you said, be aware of replay rules and how the clock actually works.
We agree again, JMO but if no one KNEW these guys were "scabs" which of course is a prejudicial term, if NO ONE knew here's betting the complaints about calls would be only negligably different .
Every Monday the fans of the losing teams have carped about the referees F O E V A.
Gil Brandt (Late hits) was telling how when he'd call the league office about a call, if he waited until Mon morning it's be Weds. before he'd get an answer because of all the calls he'd be in line behind.

The carping about the referees is 75% scrutiny that has been encouraged 25% substance IMO.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These scabs also have a significantly higher chance of being able to be talked into flags. That's my biggest gripe is throwing the flag like they are being pressured by the coach or crowd well after the play is over on PI.
I guess it happens with the regular refs too, but it seems out of control with the replacement refs.