NFL Record Predictions from Matt Miller

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
This is one of those predictions that I will save, and when the season is over and we are at least 9-7 will write to this douche and suggest he change careers. 8 Losses in a row? Our defense alone won't let that happen, but for f*ck's sake, did the Buccs or the Giants get that much better than last year, when they both sucked? I am looking forward to telling this guy:

If that happens then bye bye Fisher.

When looking at predictions I like to look at how well people have done predicating things in the past. Has anyone got Miller's predictions from last season?

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm pretty sure they will do better than 1-3 vs. the AFC West, in fact I'd flip that around and then at the very least an overall 2-2 in the Philly, TB and 2 home games vs the 49rs and Seahawks. 9-7 with 10-6 very do able.
KC and Oakland are very beatable SD and Denver are very tough.
You could just as easily project 11-5.

jjab360

Legend
One of the best front fours in football will carry this team, but the loss of Cortland Finnegan at cornerback could be big for this team
Yeah, losing the worst CB in football last year is really gonna set us back lololol

AZRamsFan93

When looking at predictions I like to look at how well people have done predicating things in the past. Has anyone got Miller's predictions from last season?
If there is an 8 game losing streak in the middle of the season Fisher might not survive. That said, I can't this team - this defense - losing 8 straight games.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry - KC and SD had powder puff schedules for much of the season last year. Miss Finn? Really Matt? And why the hell have these other teams supposedly gotten better yet we haven't? Oh well... these pinheads are safe. What will happen if they are wrong? 0

Let the games begin.

He didn't do any record predictions last year, but he did do power rankings:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-do-things-stand-at-start-of-preseason/page/2

In 2013 9 teams had a change in regular season standings of at least 10 places:

Kansas City Chiefs 2012: 32nd, 2013: 6th, his power rankings: 19th
Philadelphia Eagles 2012: 28th, 2013: 10th, his power rankings: 21st
Arizona Cardinals 2012: 26th, 2013: 10th, his power rankings: 25th
Carolina Panthers 2012: 18th, 2013: 3rd, his power rankings: 23rd
New Orleans Saints 2012: 18th, 2013: 6th, his power rankings: 9th
Minnesota Vikings 2012: 9th, 2013: 25th, his power rankings: 20th
Washington Redskins 2012: 9th, 2013: 31st, his power rankings: 12th
Atlanta Falcons 2012: 1st, 2013: 26th, his power rankings: 7th
Houston Texans 2012: 3rd, 2013: 32nd, his power rankings: 10th

On average he was 14 places out. For comparison I randomised the 9 teams into any of 32 spots, on average I was 11 places out.

in other words when it comes to teams who have made significant changes in record it's actually better to guess their record than listen to Matt Miller.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
So our QB comes back from injury, and we improve our secondary through the draft, and we are expected to lose more games because of those two positions? This guy is a moron.
The guy did less research than Bernie so his article is worthless!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It will be a failure to not get a winning season this year..I don't care about the schedule.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm sure this wont be the first or last time that Matt Miller is wrong.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Can can see a lot of really close games this year. The question is if this team as finally come to a point where they can overcome the adversity and win those close games instead of losing them like previous years.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Can can see a lot of really close games this year. The question is if this team as finally come to a point where they can overcome the adversity and win those close games instead of losing them like previous years.
This is where the offense is going to finally make the team complete! Bought a lot of koolaid for this years game watching!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
5 wins? Ridiculous. This team is now good enough to win 5 games on accident. The challenge is to turn a 7 or 8 win season into a 10 win season.

Ignorant prediction.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
No words.......
whYfFDU.gif

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Miller has some good articles sometimes, but then he fucks everything up with stuff like this. He's really bad at evaluating teams.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We wouldn't lose 8 straight with HECKER at QB.

It seems, many of these so called "sports writers", are phoning it in. Literally.

Poorly done.