NFL Record Predictions from Matt Miller

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wrstdude

Rookie
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...s-every-team-stand-heading-into-the-preseason

There is no denying that Jeff Fisher's St. Louis Rams have talent, but they also play in the NFL's toughest division and face a brutal schedule in 2014. That, plus questions in the secondary and still at quarterback, makes it easy to see the Rams taking a step back in wins this season.

Playing six games against the NFC West is bad enough, but the Rams must also play expected playoff teams Tampa Bay, the Philadelphia Eagles, Denver and the San Diego Chargers. They also see the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants along the way. Even with a few lucky breaks and bounces, that's a murderers' row of a schedule.

One of the best front fours in football will carry this team, but the loss of Cortland Finnegan at cornerback could be big for this team, as could the inexperience at safety. The hope is that coordinator Gregg Williams will get the back end of his defense going while a healthySam Bradford lives up to expectations at quarterback behind a very good offensive line.

The Rams may be a surprise pick for some as a playoff team this year, but I can't see them getting past this schedule.

2014 St. Louis Rams
Week Opponent Result
1 Minnesota Win
2 @ TB Loss
3 Dallas Win
4 Bye
5 @ PHI Loss
6 San Francisco Loss
7 Seattle Loss
8 @ KC Loss
9 @ SF Loss
10 @ ARI Loss
11 Denver Loss
12 @ SD Loss
13 Oakland Win
14 @ WSH Win
15 Arizona Win
16 New York Giants Loss
17 @ SEA Loss

2014 Season Prediction: 5-11

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm pretty sure they will do better than 1-3 vs. the AFC West, in fact I'd flip that around and then at the very least an overall 2-2 in the Philly, TB and 2 home games vs the 49rs and Seahawks. 9-7 with 10-6 very do able.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
No way do we lose to the giants. Or to the 9ers twice. We should beat KC, very overrated. Had an easy schedule last year. It's a coin flip for the Arizona, San Diego and Tampa games in my opinion. I used to like Matt Miller. But after this, he seems to be a bit of an idiot.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" Just another Bleacher Report to be filed under TRASH!":eek: :mad:

Napa Jack

UDFA
I'm thinking 8-8 would be a surprisingly good season. The Rams still have a long way to go. And if they don't reach .500 again this year? ... Just wait til next year.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Wow thats a bunch of garbage, the Rams are going to surprise a lot people this year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
BR is bipolar. Some of the articles shine with optimism, others are like this. You just never know.

Within our division, I guess nobody cares Seattle's lost a ton of players, SF is banged up already (sexindary still stinks), and ARZ's LB'ers don't include Dansby or Washington. We have more going for us then they do. They love to make us the whipping boy of the NFCW, so nothing new here.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way do we lose to the giants. Or to the 9ers twice. We should beat KC, very overrated. Had an easy schedule last year. It's a coin flip for the Arizona, San Diego and Tampa games in my opinion. I used to like Matt Miller. But after this, he seems to be a bit of an idiot.

He and other "pundits" are expecting a huge bounce back from the Giants and Eli w/ their new offense.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...s-every-team-stand-heading-into-the-preseason

There is no denying that Jeff Fisher's St. Louis Rams have talent, but they also play in the NFL's toughest division and face a brutal schedule in 2014. That, plus questions in the secondary and still at quarterback, makes it easy to see the Rams taking a step back in wins this season.

They played in the NFL's toughest division last season too - that hasn't changed - or has he forgotten that the Superbowl champs came from the NFC West, the NFC runner up (who played Seattle tougher than Denver did in the Super Bowl) came from the NFC West, and the third place team still won 10 games?

They had a very tough schedule last season too - it finished up 4th toughest. Yes, there are questions in the secondary still, although they did pick up a lot in the draft. And last season the Rams had their starting QB for less than half the season. He's back, and they picked up a better backup QB. And improved elsewhere, and their kids are another year older. I just don't see it likely that they take a step back in record, and I don't see how anybody who has actually paid attention to the Rams both last season and this season could expect that to happen.

RamWoodie

Legend
So what's this guy smoking??? Sounds to me like he's another of many "sports journalism wannabees" that can't break in, and resort to internet reporting.

From that report...I can see why he's at Bleacher.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Week 5-12 is definitely brutal on paper. Hope for 4-4 in that stretch & win the other games he has them winning and it's a 9-7 season.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It's not impossible with a very difficult schedule like we have. I would like to go 500 or above and we all know that some of those teams on our schedule will outperform there expected win/loss total and others will fall short. He has us losing all games that are close to even, hopefully we get on a roll and win some of the toss-ups and pull off a couple surprises. Truth though a writer isn't going to give credit to a team that has been under 500 for so long. We are going to have to take our respect back with week in and week out consistency and wins on weeks we are picked to lose.

Dick84

Y'know... I look at the quality of the analysis before I judge the quality of the prediction.

"but the loss of Cortland Finnegan could be big for this team"

Tampa is an expected playoff team?

The prediction is worth less than nothing.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Y'know... I look at the quality of the analysis before I judge the quality of the prediction.

"but the loss of Cortland Finnegan could be big for this team"

Tampa is an expected playoff team?

The prediction is worth less than nothing.

It's worth the paper it was printed on. Oh wait, it's not on paper. I agree with your opinion.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So our QB comes back from injury, and we improve our secondary through the draft, and we are expected to lose more games because of those two positions? This guy is a moron.