NFL Radio Comments on Tre Mason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Sirius NFL Radio broadcast the entire draft. The commentators included Pat Kirwan, Phil Savage, Gil Brandt, and Jim Miller.

Here is what was said after the Rams took Tre Mason at #75:

Miller: This guy is a productive player. He wants to earn everything..he will not rest on his laurels...he just goes to work.

Brandt: This is Tony Dorsett, quickness-wise, without his feet

Savage: People forget that in 2012 Auburn was 3-9...Mason played with the same passion when they were terrible as he did last year when he spearheaded their drive to the title game.

Kirwan: He lit it up at the end of last year.

Savage: I have a great regard for this player. He's underrated.

Miller: When you're breaking Bo Jackson's records you're doing something right.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I thought he was the best RB in the draft, and I think he might actually be a better RB than Stacy. Looking at it now, I would say Stacy gets 60% of carries, and Mason gets about 40%.

He's such a quick and shifty guy and even though he isn't the fastest player, he has great acceleration to take any play to the house. It's also tough to bring him down, maybe not Stacy tough, but he can rack up tons of yards after contact. His vision is top tier too, he can see holes before they form and knows how to set defenders up to get the most yards possible. And of course, his production is ridiculous. He's passionate and hardworking and has great character. Love the pick, and him and Greg Robinson are extremely close, basically family. A lot like Tavon/Bailey.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
After looking at a lot of the RB's in this draft, Mason was the one I wanted.

Last year, when Stacy would go out of the game there was a noticeable drop off in talent at RB.

Holes that Stacy could find, the others could not. Cunningham isnt bad, just not as good as Stacy.

But now we've got Stacy, Tre Mason and Cunningham!

To be able to run that rock you've gotta have a stable of backs imo.

FRO

Legend
That pick made me happy. Wasn't a need, but was great value.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Lets face it we have a lot of eggs in the run the rock basket. Now if stacy gets dinged or god forbid seriously injured there shouldn't be any drop off. I call it a responsible pick.

lockdnram21

Legend
After looking at a lot of the RB's in this draft, Mason was the one I wanted.

Last year, when Stacy would go out of the game there was a noticeable drop off in talent at RB.

Holes that Stacy could find, the others could not. Cunningham isnt bad, just not as good as Stacy.

But now we've got Stacy, Tre Mason and Cunningham!

To be able to run that rock you've gotta have a stable of backs imo.
i disagree i think Cunningham is better then Stacy. Eventually Cunningham will be the starter

RamEERS

Pastor
i'm biased and thought Sims was a better RB then Mason.. however, since we got Robinson, there was no way i would've picked Sims over Mason

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm not sure Tony Dorsett would have been worth a roster spot without feet. Those are kind of important for a running back. ;)