NFL Players Read Their Negative Draft Reviews

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Analysis of the NFL scouts:
1. Sucks at job
2. Overly critical
3. Easily replaceable

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It goes to show how difficult evaluating a college player is, when you are trying to project them to the NFL. There are so many variables. I remember watching Watt in college and I don't think that analysis was that far off. And what did the scout really say about Kelce that was so bad? I like to read the good parts and often dismiss the bad parts. If there is a guy you really like it is easy to write the good. But it isn't so easy if you have to write something bad. I think a lot of the time the bad parts are the parts the scouts are trying to force themselves to see. The good is all that really matters.

The players supporting cast (good or bad) can easilycloud the outlook, a la Trent Richardson on the good side and maybe Allen Robinson on the bad side. We tend to undervalue players on teams that didn't have much success or we think had help to make him good. We also tend to overvalue every player on a team like Alabama due to their overall dominance. Should Isaac Bruce been a second round pick?

Some players are still in the developing stages when leaving college too. How is a scout supposed to project that? Watt falls into that category if you ask me. I know he was a first round pick but he would have been taken #1 if any GM knew what they know now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully there will be some Rams players reading those kinds of things here real soon, once the team gets it together and winning games.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think that one of the reasons Scouts use measurable so much and depend on them so much is because they're really just going on their own opinion.
Since football is a team game there's a huge variable for players on a good team.
In other words great offensive line can make an average running back look pretty good but if you can show that the running back runs a 4.4, all of a sudden he is "great".

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Thanks for posting that Zero. Everyone has weaknesses to their game and having them written in a draft summary can incorrectly give a false perception that magnifies those issues making them seem worse than what is actually seen on film.

For those worried about Kupp's 40 time -- I thought it was funny and timely to hear Josh Norman discuss his 4.7 40 time.