NFL passing leaders through 10 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
Since when is having opinions on a fan board going against the grain? I'm not looking for a following or any kind of support but maybe I should just go back to lurking. Part of being a fan is having unique/stupid predictions and observations.

Who the fuck wants an echo chamber?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see how Rodgers throws the ball

I've witnessed Brady's dominance

I'm constantly impressed that Brees doesn't ever suck

I think Goff has potential to have his number retired or some kinda worthy salute, , but he's just not going to be as good as those 3. Sorry. I hope to eat those words, and I just might considering McVayicheck is a freak.

That's probably true. There are few QBs in history as good as those guys. But at Goff's age, none of those guys were as good as he is. So let's just play the waiting game. Rodgers didn't see the field his second year. Brees stunk up the field. And Brady was a glorified game manager.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Since when is having opinions on a fan board going against the grain? I'm not looking for a following or any kind of support but maybe I should just go back to lurking. Part of being a fan is having unique/stupid predictions and observations.

Who the freak wants an echo chamber?

Don't let it bother you man. I think your opinion is ridiculous, and wrong, but it's all yours holmes!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those 4 QBs compared to Goff, 2nd seasons (except for Rodgers, where 4th season was used)

Nice post. It drove me nuts last year and through the offseason all the hacks in the media acting like Goff's struggles in his rookie year meant anything. None of them actually took the time to look at historical comparison of the position.

There should be more of that kind of thing, considering year of starting and age, when the QBs are discussed. It's meaningful data.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Who the freak wants an echo chamber?
Haha don't take it personal and keep posting dude. We need some new opinions around here. Sometimes the guys may jump on ya but that was some low hanging fruit lol.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Goff is also 7th in yards, tied for 7th in TDs, 7th in rating (counting Watson and Rodgers who have been out for at least a couple of games). 4 interceptions is low but not sure where that places him. Would post the chart but it unravels when I copy it.

Pretty average.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goff is also 7th in yards, tied for 7th in TDs, 7th in rating (counting Watson and Rodgers who have been out for at least a couple of games). 4 interceptions is low but not sure where that places him. Would post the chart but it unravels when I copy it.

Pretty average.
Tied for most completions of 20+ and 40+ yards.

JackStraw

Rookie
Haha don't take it personal and keep posting dude. We need some new opinions around here. Sometimes the guys may jump on ya but that was some low hanging fruit lol.
Not taking personal, and i'm rarely one to say pump the breaks but Goff isn't in a unique position. QBs have started off their careers in same position as Goff. To throw the Marino/Elway/Montana crown of this generation, this early, is retarded. BTW Houston's pass defense was bottom 3 heading into this week. Brissett had his first career 'lit them up' game last week vs this same team.

I don't see the problem of having a QB continuously being top ten in stats and shit, but to expect a top 5 season out of him for most of his career is asking way too much. The key to his success will be having an offensive line to protect him. He'll never be a reliable play extender.

MachS

Hall of Fame
We need to see how the kid reacts under pressure in big games. That final Seattle drive was telling IMO that he can get it done.

The mind controls the body, and guys like Brady, Jordan, Kobe Bryant consistently willed their teams to victory. Can Goff win the big games? At what level does he need to play in order for us to beat the Eagles or Saints in the playoffs?

I want to see where he really is. Big time players make big time plays in big time games.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I'm constantly impressed that Brees doesn't ever suck

I think Goff has potential to have his number retired or some kinda worthy salute, , but he's just not going to be as good as those 3. Sorry. I hope to eat those words, and I just might considering McVayicheck is a freak.

You're comparing Apples to Oranges.

The post above by @Akrasian shows how you should be comparing the QB's. You can't compare Goff at age 22 to the QB's who have been in the league for 10 years.

JackStraw

Rookie
Anyone seriously projecting Goff to accomplish what Rodgers has already shown just isn't a very intuitive person . I love the optimism though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not taking personal, and i'm rarely one to say pump the breaks but Goff isn't in a unique position. QBs have started off their careers in same position as Goff. To throw the Marino/Elway/Montana crown of this generation, this early, is retarded. BTW Houston's pass defense was bottom 3 heading into this week. Brissett had his first career 'lit them up' game last week vs this same team.

I don't see the problem of having a QB continuously being top ten in stats and crap, but to expect a top 5 season out of him for most of his career is asking way too much. The key to his success will be having an offensive line to protect him. He'll never be a reliable play extender.

It's understandable why people are so excited. Goff playing like he is at such a young age is rare. It's too early to be claiming he's the next HOF QB, but it's also too early to say he isn't. It'll be fun to see what he matures into at QB. The fact is that QBs don't hit their stride in the NFL until 26 to 29 years old. Goff is 23 years old.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone seriously projecting Goff to accomplish what Rodgers has already shown just isn't a very intuitive person . I love the optimism though.

At 23 years old, who would have been projecting Rodgers to accomplish what he has?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I doubt anybody would want to place an even money bet on that outcome. OTOH, saying it is impossible or just that it won't happen is wrong too. It is possible that Goff will be a big star - he has had a great season for someone so young and inexperienced. Saying it won't happen is about as objectionable as saying that it will happen. That's probably why you've gotten such a strong reaction.

Goff has shown an increasingly good pocket presence. He won't be a strong running qb - but he has shown an ability to feel the pressure and step up - at a level it is rare to see in somebody so young.

My advice is to keep questioning, but also to enjoy the ride. We're in for a treat.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Brady was NEVER, ever dominant until 2004-07; though his team was dominant, he was very good starting in 2003--very good at best....after 7 years he became dominant...sorry, Mr Jack....i watch 250+ NFL games a year. You are wrong about Brady and Brees....Rogers, probably right.

JackStraw

Rookie
For the record I love Goff, the love the trade Snead made - makes it easier to resign our previous riches

Can't wait for our duel TEs to become consistent part of this offense.

I'm done arguing with guys on 'my team', considering how many years i've waited for and missed on predicting relevancy.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is going to be a very good QB. That’s what matters. No need to compare to other QBs imo. Im going to enjoy having a great qb and a great team. I want a SB win. :D.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'll never be a reliable play extender.

I don't understand this statement. When he needs to move in the pocket he moves, and moves well. He has elite pocket awareness and movement for a second year qb.