NFL passing leaders through 10 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cam and Cutler won't join the top ranks and two teams, the Colts and Niners haven't had their bye. Not bad for a below average bust of a QB.

upload_2017-11-12_22-7-29.png

Updated: Sorry I had multiple windows open and snipped the wrong one. This should be better sorted by yards, rating on this site brings in guys with 1 attempt.

Last edited:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Hasn’t tallied up today’s stats yet either. Curious to see where he ranks now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff took the NFL lead in Yards Per Attempt today. He's now up to 8.5.

JackStraw

Rookie
Jared Goff will never be Brady, Rodgers, Ben or Brees. But will end up better than guys like Matt Ryan, Rivers, Wentz, Winston, Marriota, Eli and Stafford.

STLRam

UDFA
Goff took the NFL lead in Yards Per Attempt today. He's now up to 8.5.

YPA is the most important stat I use to judge a quarterback when just strictly looking at stats, and Goff leads the league. Feels good man.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Jared Goff will never be Brady, Rodgers, Ben or Brees. But will end up better than guys like Matt Ryan, Rivers, Wentz, Winston, Marriota, Eli and Stafford.

Says who tho?? He just completed a full season's worth of games and you're already willing to draw his career potential lines in the sand??!

C'mon mannn

JackStraw

Rookie
Says who tho?? He just completed a full season's worth of games and you're already willing to draw his career potential lines in the sand??!

C'mon mannn
I'm not going to apologize for having a little fun on the internet.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Eh, a year and a half into Brady's, Rodger's, Ben's, and Brees' careers no one would have really thought they'd be the top qb's of the decade though. Rodgers was still on the bench, Brady was playing but nobody would have guessed he would pass Montana/Marino for Best QB ever. Idk about Brees, but I'd assume no one thought he would accomplish what he has.

It's too early to definitively categorize the quality of his entire career. Two years from now this could look like a flash in the pan, or the lights could really come on and we see him break records. Who knows (besides the shadow, that guy knows everything)?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm not going to apologize for having a little fun on the internet.

Lol so what's your argument then, friend? What has he done that leads you to believe his potential is limited to description you provided?

Please enlighten me..

JackStraw

Rookie
Lol so what's your argument then, friend? What has he done that leads you to believe his potential is limited to description you provided?

Please enlighten me..
I hated that we drafted him, I saw no potential last year, but the dust is settling the it's obvious the kid can play the game at this level. Any idea how hard it is to get better every week, as team's lock in and prepare for you?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
101.5 rating, 2385 yards, 16/4

Ehh, it's okay for an avg young QB

I love that he is above the 100 mark in rating. Also, as someone else mentioned 8.5 per pass is #1, and he has 39 passes of over 20yds and another 7 over 40yds, which I believe ties him for #1 with Brees for big plays.

Jared will make his own mark, and set his own ceiling, thank you very much. (y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

b5eab4c065e2346bad148c958bff485eba0be293ee2be85a1185dd7d2328054c.jpg

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff will never be Brady, Rodgers, Ben or Brees.

Sorry for jumping in, got delayed.

Those 4 QBs compared to Goff, 2nd seasons (except for Rodgers, where 4th season was used)

Brady, age 24

86.5 rating

189.5 ypg, 18 td, 12 int, 6.9 ypa

Roethlisberger, age 24

98.6 rating

198.8 ypg, 17 td, 9 int, 8.9 ypa

Rodgers, age 25 (season 4)

93.8 rating

252.4 ypg, 28 td, 13 int, 7.5 ypa

Brees, age 23

76.9 rating

205.2 ypg, 17 td, 16 int, 6.2 ypa

Goff, age 23

101.5 rating

265 ypg, 16 td, 4 int, 8.5 ypa

It's too early to tell for sure, of course - but Goff's stats so far this season compare very well or outclass each of those 4. There have been rule changes, etc - but Goff is also the youngest (just turned 23) and overall his stats have been the best. There certainly is a chance that Goff will in the end be classed as good as any of those 4. Probably not the best of the 4 (though not impossible) but certainly could end up looking very good in that company.

JackStraw

Rookie
I see how Rodgers throws the ball

I've witnessed Brady's dominance

I'm constantly impressed that Brees doesn't ever suck

I think Goff has potential to have his number retired or some kinda worthy salute, , but he's just not going to be as good as those 3. Sorry. I hope to eat those words, and I just might considering McVayicheck is a freak.