NFL owners to vote to start flexing 'Thursday Night Football' games for 2023, per report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but anyone traveling SHOULD be buying travel insurance that would allow for reschedule or cancellation in the event of a schedule change. It’s usually about $15/airline ticket… which is nothing for a flight compared to eating the entire cost. Also, when traveling to an NFL game, ever book a no cancellation room… cuz strange things can happen with weather or 1000 other things…

Smart travel practices can obviate much of the worries
But why should the onus be on the paying customer who is sacrificing in the first place to see a game? I'm not giving them a pass because they want to chase the almighty buck.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But why should the onus be on the paying customer who is sacrificing in the first place to see a game? I'm not giving them a pass because they want to chase the almighty buck.

They might be chasing the bucks but the viewers will be able to watch better games so I don't see a problem.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't much like TNF to begin with, and like this even less.

I think they should instead make it so the TNF teams, good or bad, have a bye week before their Thursday game. Would be much better for player health.
Owners should be like "one more word out of you and you"ll get the Browns 17 weeks straight."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They might be chasing the bucks but the viewers will be able to watch better games so I don't see a problem.

That's a really great point. It's been easy to be critical of the Thursday night games/Amazon because the games have been so crappy for the most part. I just dont think the game can be effectively played on such short rest. We'll see if that changes with better games

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a really great point. It's been easy to be critical of the Thursday night games/Amazon because the games have been so crappy for the most part. I just dont think the game can be effectively played on such short rest. We'll see if that changes with better games
Owner lover!

oldnotdead

Legend
Personally, I hate that the games are on prime. Unless it is the Rams playing, I'd always record the games and start them a hour late so all I watched was football and skipped the commercials and half time. Now I have to be sitting there when it starts like I'm 10 again. The flexing idea is also pretty terrible. Set the schedule and keep it.

It's why I've got NFL+ because being out of market I was going through a lot to watch the games. With NFL+ the games are replayed starting 10 min after they end. So I can simply do whatever then sit and watch the full game even when I'm out of market.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My point is that smart travelers ALREADY are fully inoculated from this and it’s really inexpensive compared to the total cost of the trip. This isn’t gonna affect fans who can’t afford to go to local games which is most of us most of the time.

So just incorporating smart, inexpensive travel practices reduce the inconvenience level substantially. Not totally, but quite a lot