NFL Owes St. Louis Rams an Apology … and More

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
Oh, this is going to be AWESOME!

So, what is the petition going to ask for... what's the 'call to action' that signers are demanding? I say:

1) at a minimum - a public apology by the NFL to the Rams & their fans, for failing to notify them of pending serious action against Williams BEFORE the Rams hired Williams;

2) our preference - compensation to the Rams for losing their DC indefinitely at no fault of the Rams. Perhaps a compensatory draft pick is in order here. We're the injured party here, dammit, and we demand justice :)
I didn't list any specific compensation in the first draft, other than an apology. I believe a public apology from Goodell would be an astounding coup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
interference said:
Oh, this is going to be AWESOME!

So, what is the petition going to ask for... what's the 'call to action' that signers are demanding? I say:

1) at a minimum - a public apology by the NFL to the Rams & their fans, for failing to notify them of pending serious action against Williams BEFORE the Rams hired Williams;

2) our preference - compensation to the Rams for losing their DC indefinitely at no fault of the Rams. Perhaps a compensatory draft pick is in order here. We're the injured party here, dammit, and we demand justice :)
I didn't list any specific compensation in the first draft, other than an apology. I believe a public apology from Goodell would be an astounding coup.
Yes, that would be extraordinary.
There's not a snowball's chance in hell that the league office grants the Rams an additional draft pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Allllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then.

phpPETITION/index.php

I'll start a new thread as an announcement (or maybe RQ will [hint hint]) when I'm not falling over from lack of sleep.
EDIT: There's also a social sharing app in the margin (Facebook, Twitter, Email) if you wanna spread the word.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Nice job on the petition letter Quixote. I signed it.

Hopefully this gets spread around enough to gather a large number of sigs.

I see Asshole Face is appealing his suspension at the last minute so as to buy himself more time to work with the saints. Clearly a move designed to fuck with authority. Commandant Goodell should add another game or 2 to the total for that POS... if his suspension is reduced in any way, ALL other coaches who have been suspended should also receive the same reduction.

If the Commandant should actually reduce Payton's suspension,,, I will be forced to write his his Ass-Holyness a letter of my own. Rest assured, it will not be written in the same tone as Quixote's.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Signed. Let's hope that Mr. Goodell will listen.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Memento said:
Signed. Let's hope that Mr. Goodell will listen.
And why wouldn't he pay attention to a petition written by a poster with the username of Quixote? There's gotta be some carte blanche for admittedly tilting at authority.

Sorry, X. I crapped out long before you did last night. Just woke up, too.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ha, luv it!

Next move is to get a phone interview with someone in the STL sports radio scene.

And perhaps get a former Ram player(s) to megaphone this petition to other player-alumni.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
Next move is to get a phone interview with someone in the STL sports radio scene.

And perhaps get a former Ram player(s) to megaphone this petition to other player-alumni.
Or. One of you local boys can call into 101ESPN. I know LJ likes to do that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Done. Signed and tweeted to my followers with #Rams, and #Bountygate.

DR RAM ‏ @DR_RAM_

Please RT if you believe that Roger Goodell owes the #Rams an apology over the #Bountygate issue. http://shar.es/pRWYs

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:
Thanks, will use same hashtags.

By the way, here's the Bit.ly shortened URL for the petitiion: http://bit.ly/H58vTj (copy & paste into your social media referrals). Then, when you visit https://bitly.com/H58vTj+, you can see how many have clicked on that link, and where they are from.... it's a way of tracking.

FYI... here's what I'm sending out: "Roger Goodell owes #Rams an Apology! Sign petition. Please spread. bit.ly/H58vTj #Bountygate"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I posted it on the Rams Facebook Page. There's about a quarter million "friends" of that page. Wouldn't hurt if others with a FB account did the same. I'm going to text the Mike & Mike show Monday morning too. Several times.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
interference said:
DR RAM said:

By the way, here's the Bit.ly shortened URL for the petitiion: http://bit.ly/H58vTj (copy & paste into your social media referrals). Then, when you visit https://bitly.com/H58vTj+, you can see how many have clicked on that link, and where they are from.... it's a way of tracking.

FYI... here's what I'm sending out: "Roger Goodell owes #Rams an Apology! Sign petition. Please spread. bit.ly/H58vTj #Bountygate"
Just retweet mine, serves same purpose.

steferfootball

Starter
interference said:
DR RAM said:

We are quite certain in our belief of the above, since 50,000 page reports are not conjured in less than a month.
Tell that to congress. They will laugh you out of the room. :lmao:

steferfootball

Starter
Also, I signed up for that petition. The last petition I signed up for started spamming me with liberal political action nonsense. I hope the ROD petition won't do this. :D

Petition number 20!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
Also, I signed up for that petition. The last petition I signed up for started spamming me with liberal political action nonsense. I hope the ROD petition won't do this. :D

Petition number 20!
Yeah, me too. I'm really sorry for that. This time, instead of hosting it on an external site, I made the petition in php and am hosting it on our server. Your email is kept confidential and I won't be using it for anything. You're 100% safe from spam with this one.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
steferfootball said:

Petition number 20!
Yeah, me too. I'm really sorry for that. This time, instead of hosting it on an external site, I made the petition in php and am hosting it on our server. Your email is kept confidential and I won't be using it for anything. You're 100% safe from spam with this one.
Cool. I was wary when I went to "Change.org". lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
Signed. I'm going to St. Louis in two weeks, I'll ask to see if we can maybe make a detour to Rams Park and throw a few of them around, maybe it'll get someone in the media to notice it.