NFL officiating needs an update !

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Why do we have old guys measuring with chains in 2019?

Why is there no buzzer on tbe Playclock ?

Really makes me mad that the NFL cant just put a chip in the ball and get an exact measurement on every play. A chipped ball and lazers on the goalline would not be difficult to do .

Why is there no buzzer when tbe playclock hits 0?? 3 times yesterday the saints ran a play after the clock hit 0.

Come on NFL, you make billions, it's time to update the game and help officiating .

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I predict they will add PI to challenges even thought at times that can be subjective, however, if it's obvious, you should be able to challenge.

Now that's something that should not be reviewed in the last two minutes, that teams must challenge, so you have to have timeouts and a challenge left in order to throw the challenge flag and like anything else, if they feel, it was too close, they don't call the penalty. PI is a game changing play and you should be able to challenge, but coaches will have to decide, if it's worthy or not and too keep a challenge and timeout for the end of the game.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
PI is one of the most subjective calls in football. Reviewing that is going to make things worse lol.

Let's have challenges for face masks too. The call on Goff the previous series would have put us up 4 in all likelihood. Totally different game. Bad calls happen. Deal with it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Let's have challenges for face masks too. The call on Goff the previous series would have put us up 4 in all likelihood. Totally different game. Bad calls happen. Deal with it.

yeah they missed two face mask against the rams. If the Rams lost and the Saints won would the media be talking about those missed calls? I think not.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If you open up replay to PI, you better open it up to all unnecessary roughing calls.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely agreed.

If we're opening Pandora's box, open it all the way.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
All they need to do is have full time crews across the board. With better training.

I think the Rams should post up a clip of all the missed calls against the Rams during the game especially the Face Mask on Goff.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would not want more challenges or challenging plays that were never called .

But they need to make it more modern, simple electronic changes would make the game alot more easier to officiate and watch .

Again y are they using chains ?

Why is a guy watching the clock then the snap? When a buzzer would be so easy to install

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Referees are part of the game. Just like umpires don't all have the same strike zone. No one's perfect. Lord knows we've been on the short end of plenty of calls and non calls.

Refs know not to throw flags so quickly in these big games. Let the players determine the outcomes. This time they got it wrong but its easy to see why. At full game speed it looked like it was close enough to not throw a flag. Right when it happened I said out loud "That was close. He almost got there too soon". In slow motion it was clear NRC was there too early. But refs don't have that advantage to view it at the time.

Their judgement in that quick moment was it didn't warrant a penalty. It happens. In the back of their minds they don't want that flag to be the story line. They're careful not to throw it as quickly as they usually do during the season. This time not throwing it was the story line. This time its magnified because of the magnitude of the game and the moment.

If it happened in the first quarter it wouldn't be an issue. The face masks and delay of games they missed were earlier so its not an issue. But it still coulda determined the outcome.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
PI is one of the most subjective calls in football. Reviewing that is going to make things worse lol.

Yes it will but @den-the-coach is right I think, the league is going to do something about it because Asshole Face is going to have so much sand lodged in his vaginal tract that he'll be producing pearls all offseason.

RamWoodie

Legend
The Rams got away with one yesterday. We all know it. You hate it...and at the same time we're happy about it...because we'll hear about it for awhile.

The OP has a point. There were bad calls that benefited the Pat's too...a bad "blow to the QBs head" call on their winning drive.

How about the fan noise??? Used to be the QB could motion to the ref they couldn't hear which could lead to a delay of game call on the home team?

Maybe the blown call does end the game...but we don't know that.

Yes!!! The NFL NEEDS TO FIX IT!!!