Nfl Network Rates Top 5 Offensive Lineman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Shaun O'Hara and Baldinger presented their combined top 5:

1) Jake Matthews - "Didn't test that well at combine but is a sure fire day 1 starter at LT, great feet and very athletic"

2) Taylor Lewan - "Easily the most athletic OT in the group, can do it all"

3) Greg Robinson - "A Beast. A Bear! But has sloppy footwork that will limit him early on that needs to get cleaned up"

4) Zack Martin - "Love his compete level and very polished"

5) Cyril Richardson - "Clearly the best guard in the draft. Powerful and a mauler."

To me, if you are a believer in this list you take Watkins at 1a and at worst you "may" need a short jump back up from 13 to get one of these studs.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't buy that list at all. I can see Mathews being rated higher than Robinson but not Lewan. Robinson is a beast with potential to be an all-pro. Lewan just seems like the RT version of Richie Incognito

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This list is a joke, and not because of the rankings(partcially).

Matthews did good at the combine. What didn't he test good in? His 40 and other events he did fine. Not as good as some but not even close to bad. HE performed the best in the positional drills hands down.

Agree with the take on Lewan and Robinson, but Robinson should be ranked above Lewan.

Richardson is not the best guard in the draft. How they came to that decision I have no idea.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
THE draw against Robinson continues to be his footwork. It's why most people say he's a RT at best and a G at worst.

I will leave that assessment to the Rams who know much better than I about such things.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Every is entitle to their opinions, but after seeing Cyril Richardson listed as the best guard in the draft after his HORRIBLE Senior Bowl week I choose to ignore this one.

jjab360

Legend
The fact that Cyril Richardson is in the top 5 shows how much of a joke this list is.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Shaun O'Hara and Baldinger presented their combined top 5:

1) Jake Matthews - "Didn't test that well at combine but is a sure fire day 1 starter at LT, great feet and very athletic"

2) Taylor Lewan - "Easily the most athletic OT in the group, can do it all"

3) Greg Robinson - "A Beast. A Bear! But has sloppy footwork that will limit him early on that needs to get cleaned up"

4) Zack Martin - "Love his compete level and very polished"

5) Cyril Richardson - "Clearly the best guard in the draft. Powerful and a mauler."

To me, if you are a believer in this list you take Watkins at 1a and at worst you "may" need a short jump back up from 13 to get one of these studs.

If it were to happen this way, I'd we pretty happy with Watkins and Lewan. Seems like the best case of win/win to improve both areas of need.

laramsoriginal

Starter
In defense of Richardson if you guys see his tape at Baylor you would see a big man that can move and maul the DL. During the senior bowl he struggled all around. Now im not ready to dismiss his 3 years of college ball because of ONE week at the senior bowl. I hope Richardson does slide into the 3rd round so the rams can get him. He will be a good NFL OG. I would bet it!

I like Mathews, Lewan, and Martin if I need an OL to start from day one. Robinson does have the most upside but he also has the greater learning curve.

A dark horse OT/OG is Mewhort from Ohio st. The guy has experience at both positions and will most likely slide to the middle of the 2nd round. I think he would be a steal there.

Last edited: