NFL Network- Easley to miss entire season!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
ACL injuries aren't as damning as before. Easley could return to the NFL...if he wants to put in the work. This reminds me of Sam Bradford...

This is why Donald isn't in camp...if he blew his knee...at the height of his career...on a bad contract...he'd be a fool.

athletes like AD have injury insurance he probably has at least a 100mil injury plan. he needs to get his ass back on the field. if he doesn't I would make him sit for the next 4 years. he knows he is going to get payed and him holding out doesn't change anything.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ACL injuries aren't as damning as before. Easley could return to the NFL...if he wants to put in the work. This reminds me of Sam Bradford...

This is why Donald isn't in camp...if he blew his knee...at the height of his career...on a bad contract...he'd be a fool.
It's just as easy and more likely he blows it out after sitting out all camp and shows up for the last six games.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This is a blow, but hopefully someone steps up. I wonder if they look at a player like Leger Douzable who is still a FA.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
athletes like AD have injury insurance he probably has at least a 100mil injury plan.
maybe...maybe not...he DOES have two healthy knees that at this moment are worth north of 100 million....why play for 1.8 when he could get more? and right now?

He is at great risk by taking time off, then coming back to play...damn shame isn't it @OldSchool ??? What type of profession, squeezes it's best talent into increasing such a risk??? This is a billion dollar game...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
maybe...maybe not...he DOES have two healthy knees that at this moment are worth north of 100 million....why play for 1.8 when he could get more? and right now?

He is at great risk by taking time off, then coming back to play...damn shame isn't it @OldSchool ??? What type of profession, squeezes it's best talent into increasing such a risk??? This is a billion dollar game...
It is a big money game and every player will tell you no matter what is done to their bodies they wouldn't change a thing.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
athletes like AD have injury insurance he probably has at least a 100mil injury plan. he needs to get his ass back on the field. if he doesn't I would make him sit for the next 4 years. he knows he is going to get payed and him holding out doesn't change anything.
Maybe you could check with Lloyds of London, which maybe the only insurer where you could get such a policy, about how much the premium would be for that 100mil policy. AD has not made enough to date to afford the premiums for such a policy. AD is in the right to not put himself in harm's way until he has a contract more in line with his proven value. And the Rams have a right not to give him a contract as if he was an FA, but I'm not sure they should. Hopefully they can reach a compromise. But if the best player in the league holds out, maybe that puts a spotlight on the terrible CBA that caused the issue, and they will fix it now. Call it the Donald adjustment. If the Rams play hardball with AD, then they are only shooting themselves in the foot, given the contracts they are playing for some other so far underperforming players. They will get a bad rep, and deservedly so.

Robert

Rookie
This will be Easley's 3rd acl surgery he had one on each knee at Florida. I hope he comes back but idk how this affects his future with the rams

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
As I said, Donald won't be happy. Like TJ he'll mentally be gone. I don't see the Rams ponying up 100 mil this year. Time for Smart and Trinca-Pasat to step up.

That doesn't make sense to me. If they guy wants to get paid why would he come back and play half assed. Whether his next contract is with the Rams or another team (god forbid), playing like shit is not gonna get him the money he wants.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have Fox as Quinn's main Back-up, but you could be right!

Well I am assuming that whoever steps into DE's role will be a depth rotation guy on the interior, since at some point Donald will be signed and in-house or back in-house and playing angry under his current contract. AD is not going to sit out the season IMO, not his style. So as depth Fox might be capable.

Only other guy I look forward to watching is Tanziel Smart. He should get a look too of course.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I too am looking forward to seeing Tanziel Smart. AND Samson Ebukam, I'm hearing great things about him!!

nighttrain

Legend
Easley still a youngster, has plenty of time to recover, and we didn't have last year and still had a great D
train

bdfitz

UDFA
I never said Donald would ever play badly. I said if he ends his holdout without a big deal he won't be happy. I expect TJ to play great and be gone. Just hate to see Donald force a trade. I have no idea if a bridge contact worth 20-30 mil could be signed to keep him happy yet not break the bank until 2019. Not likely.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Maybe you could check with Lloyds of London, which maybe the only insurer where you could get such a policy, about how much the premium would be for that 100mil policy. AD has not made enough to date to afford the premiums for such a policy. AD is in the right to not put himself in harm's way until he has a contract more in line with his proven value. And the Rams have a right not to give him a contract as if he was an FA, but I'm not sure they should. Hopefully they can reach a compromise. But if the best player in the league holds out, maybe that puts a spotlight on the terrible CBA that caused the issue, and they will fix it now. Call it the Donald adjustment. If the Rams play hardball with AD, then they are only shooting themselves in the foot, given the contracts they are playing for some other so far underperforming players. They will get a bad rep, and deservedly so.

When the Philadelphia Eagles’ DeSean Jackson was headed toward free agency in 2011, he took out an insurance policy, and that policy ran through the 2011 season until March 2012, when free agency opened. In March 2012, Jackson then signed a five-year deal worth $47 million, so he didn’t need the policy any longer.

Many players have their own disability insurance as well to cover any career-ending injuries that impact their ability to earn a living beyond their playing days.

Jeff Legwold: jlegwold@denverpost.com or twitter.com/jeff_legwold

when players start giving money back for how shitty they play then we can talk about players that deserve more for playing well. it goes both ways my friend you cant have one without the other.