NFL network cutting 5 shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I found Deion Sanders show a little hard to watch... a grown man, 53yrs old, dressed like a teenager... just not for me.

Ram65

Legend
Never been a big Dion fan.

I like the GMFB clips posted here. I let some keep running on Youtube and watch more segments. So the cutie doesn't like the Rams. No big deal. Football discussion on TV in the morning isn't all bad.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
21 and Prime was the worst F'in show on TV. In fact Dieon needs to go back to fishing because he is horrible on TV. Not just horrible, but HORRIBLE!!! I don't want some overblown personality. I want real quality analysis and football information. I quit watching NFL Network because I didn't want to risk seeing his face or him opening his mouth. He's the dumbest MoFo on that channel and they act like his opinion is meaningful.

GMFB used to be good a few years ago but now it is unwatchable, unless maybe if you're a woman. I'd like to punch the entire cast right in the mouth, except for Kay. I'd punch her in the privates, hard too. I use to love that show but they've ruined it.

TexasRam

Legend
21 and Prime was the worst F'in show on TV. In fact Dieon needs to go back to fishing because he is horrible on TV. Not just horrible, but HORRIBLE!!! I don't want some overblown personality. I want real quality analysis and football information. I quit watching NFL Network because I didn't want to risk seeing his face or him opening his mouth. He's the dumbest MoFo on that channel and they act like his opinion is meaningful.

GMFB used to be good a few years ago but now it is unwatchable, unless maybe if you're a woman. I'd like to punch the entire cast right in the mouth, except for Kay. I'd punch her in the privates, hard too. I use to love that show but they've ruined it.

Agreed. Spare me the screaming and theatre from Deion, Shannan Sharpe and also the dramatics from the GMFB crew, and replace it with quality analysis as you mention.

The GMFB crew seem to think people watch for their witty crap. It ruins the program.

Peter Shraeger gives some good info at times, but even he gets sucked into the performance vs the substance crap.

NFL Network is getting dropped by major providers because they are asking way too much for a product with fluff. Even their draft coverage was garbage this year.

Also, in a day and age when Data Analytics is so prevalent the talking heads without loads of data to make points sound out of touch, and get drowned out by those with substantive arguments. Anyone in front of a Camera should be working overtime off the Camera to secure the necessary data points to make an argument. The common fan is these days even knows the basic stats.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Even their draft coverage was garbage this year.

Mike Mayock wasn't there!!

I'm going to miss GMFB.....I like Burleson's take on many things and Schrager has been on the Rams wagon from the get go. I liked looking at Kay first thing in the morning also......oh that's going too far!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the article said only the weekend edition of gmfb would be cut.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t think I’ve ever watched a show on the nfl network.
From time to time I’ll DVR one of of their top 10 lists or some other show that is about a Ram player, but that’s it.
I watched nfl network for the draft but yeah, without Mayock it wasn’t the same.
I don’t even know what these shows are that were cancelled. Lol

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

the article said only the weekend edition of gmfb would be cut.

Yeah, totally different cast for that. Like it or not, weekday GMFB is probably their highest rated show, other than A Football Life. I like it ok, but Kay Adams is a Chicago Homer and Ram hater. I would grudge smash the HELL out of her though....

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
NFL Network and GMFB is the only reason I have a small cable subscription. The best sports morning show out there.

And Deions show with Shannon and LT was the best post game football show imo. Almost as good as Inside the NBA.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was forced to switch from a fiber TV service that included the NFLN, to a web firestick TV App that had all of the channels that I wanted for like $55 a month, except the NFLN channel. I was told that they were still in negotiation with NFLN, and that right now the only sticking point is black out areas (newest info)....I don't get this because the extreme range of the Telephone company is where I live, approximately 120 miles from Kansas City and we're 200+ miles from Dallas. WTF?
The league sets the blackout regions for the teams not the provider.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The league sets the blackout regions for the teams not the provider.
This for the NFL Network, however, and not for Sunday games..A blackout area makes no sense to me,as Thurs night games are nationally televised games. Why would NFLN want to regulate where they can be seen by prospective customers?

fearsomefour

Legend
This for the NFL Network, however, and not for Sunday games..A blackout area makes no sense to me,as Thurs night games are nationally televised games. Why would NFLN want to regulate where they can be seen by prospective customers?
That is still the league.
The idea being butts in seats, which is a quaint notion at this point.
There is no difference between and national game on Thursday or Sunday. They apply the same dumb rules the same dumb way.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I was forced to switch from a fiber TV service that included the NFLN, to a web firestick TV App that had all of the channels that I wanted for like $55 a month, except the NFLN channel. I was told that they were still in negotiation with NFLN, and that right now the only sticking point is black out areas (newest info)....I don't get this because the extreme range of the Telephone company is where I live, approximately 120 miles from Kansas City and we're 200+ miles from Dallas. WTF?
You live in the heart of Tornado Alley

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You live in the heart of Tornado Alley

Same with me. I remember Florissant getting nailed by a tornado when I lived there. Before that was Maryland Heights. Thankfully, the tornadoes didn't hit where I lived, but I saw the damage firsthand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Hey, NFL Network beat the hell out of ESPNs football coverage by a long shot.
I used to like NFL AM with the chick with the big rack that is married to a former MLB pitcher.She moved home and works for the Raiders now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t think I’ve ever watched a show on the nfl network.
From time to time I’ll DVR one of of their top 10 lists or some other show that is about a Ram player, but that’s it.
I watched nfl network for the draft but yeah, without Mayock it wasn’t the same.
I don’t even know what these shows are that were cancelled. Lol

NFL Network and GMFB is the only reason I have a small cable subscription. The best sports morning show out there.

And Deions show with Shannon and LT was the best post game football show imo. Almost as good as Inside the NBA.

deion's show is so hard to listen to. Shannon has valid points but I just don't like him. He is a lousy TV personality. LT is way too soft spoken. He has the best insights. Deion is just there to disagree and tell them how dumb they are. He's extremely arrogant and dismissive of the other two. He's disrespectful. The eye candy at the desk may be the best and most interest person on the set. She's hot too.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
deion's show is so hard to listen to. Shannon has valid points but I just don't like him. He is a lousy TV personality. LT is way too soft spoken. He has the best insights. Deion is just there to disagree and tell them how dumb they are. He's extremely arrogant and dismissive of the other two. He's disrespectful. The eye candy at the desk may be the best and most interest person on the set. She's hot too.
Haha I can see that, but I'm such a fan of all 3 that I overlook the bs.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Yeah, totally different cast for that. Like it or not, weekday GMFB is probably their highest rated show, other than A Football Life. I like it ok, but Kay Adams is a Chicago Homer and Ram hater. I would grudge smash the HELL out of her though....

I’m calling Uber and sending her home....