NFL Nation reporters say Rams will go 4-12 /Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
SI showed the Rams more respect that the jokers at bspn! They have the team at 11-5! I'll go with there assessment. :cool:

A55VA6

Legend
4-12??

44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.320x240x158.gif

MrMotes

Starter
I found it interesting that the AZ and Minn writers has us beating their teams at their home.

The Detroit and Chicago writers have their teams losing in St. Louis...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shoot, if I am a reported for another team, I will take my chances with a win over the Rams. @RAGRam has it right in my book. Lets not expect the rest of the NFL, much less their respective homer media to give the Rams any respect. Why would they?? Go EARN that respect by kicking their teeth in!!
I'm too lazy and not inclined to check but...

For the bad teams (Cleveland, Tampa Bay, etc.).... what was the overall record their beat reporters gave their home teams? Could it be that they used the Rams to make the overall record of their home team look a tad better?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol this is what I posted about the other day. Unbelievable.

The ones that bothered me:

Home against the Niners

Home against the Browns (after a BYE week)

Home against the Bucs

The beat reporters for those teams have NO business predicting that their team will come into St. Louis and win. If they were home games, I'd understand.

The one that I KIND OF understand:

At the Redskins in week 2 - but did this guy not watch last year? If I was the Skins beat writer, I would not predict a win there.

Reverse those 4 and it's 8-8, which I think we'd all understand a bit better.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
.........................................................4-12.........

house_stare.gif

MrMotes

Starter
The ones that bothered me:

Home against the Niners

Home against the Browns (after a BYE week)

Home against the Bucs

The beat reporters for those teams have NO business predicting that their team will come into St. Louis and win. If they were home games, I'd understand.

You're a beat writer for a lousy team asked to predict each game. You're looking for wins, the 6-10 Rams are appealing, from that point of view anyway...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
NFL Nation reporters say Rams will go 4-12
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/21187/nfl-nation-reporters-say-rams-will-go-4-12

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- On Tuesday, our 32 NFL Nation reporters offered game-by-game predictions for the teams we cover. I had the St. Louis Rams finishing at 8-8, which would be a two-game improvement over last year and the best record the team has posted under coach Jeff Fisher.

It would also qualify as a disappointment in Year 4 of the Fisher regime. But in rounding up the scores from the reporters on the other side, it's apparently also quite optimistic. I scanned the predictions of the reporters on the other side of these games and, added together, they have the Rams going 4-12. Fisher teams rarely drop to those levels and there are some surprising picks, such as the Rams losing at home to the Browns coming out of their bye week and to a Tampa Bay team they've owned recently at home near the end of the season. The NFC North reporters actually offered the Rams the most respect, with only the Packers predicted to defeat the Rams in those four division games.

Here's the breakdown:

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13, vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 13, Seahawks 10. Record: 1-0

Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia: Seahawks 17, Rams 13. Rams record via NFL Nation: 0-1

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20, at Washington, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 24, Redskins 14. Record: 2-0

Redskins reporter John Keim: Redskins 17, Rams 14. Rams record via NFL Nation: 0-2

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27, vs. Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Steelers 30, Rams 20. Record: 2-1

Steelers reporter Jeremy Fowler: Steelers 24, Rams 20. Rams record via NFL Nation: 0-3

Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 4, at Arizona, 4:25 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Cardinals 20, Rams 16. Record 2-2

Cardinals reporter Josh Weinfuss: Rams 17, Cardinals 10. Rams record via NFL Nation: 1-3

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11, at Green Bay, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Packers 34, Rams 17. Record: 2-3

Packers reporter Rob Demovsky: Packers 37, Rams 13. Rams record via NFL Nation: 1-4

Week 6: Bye

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25, vs. Cleveland, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 24, Browns 9. Record: 3-3

Browns reporter Pat McManamon: Browns 17, Rams 16. Rams record via NFL Nation: 1-5

Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1, vs. San Francisco, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 20, 49ers 14. Record: 4-3

49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez: 49ers 27, Rams 16. Rams record via NFL Nation: 1-6

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 8, at Minnesota, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Vikings 31, Rams 13. Record: 4-4

Vikings reporter Ben Goessling: Rams 21, Vikings 16. Rams record via NFL Nation: 2-6

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15, vs. Chicago, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 31, Bears 21. Record: 5-4

Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson: Rams 28, Bears 6. Rams record via NFL Nation: 3-6

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 22, at Baltimore, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Ravens 26, Rams 19. Record: 5-5

Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley: Ravens 16, Rams 6. Rams record via NFL Nation: 3-7

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29, at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 27, Bengals 13. Record: 6-5

Bengals reporter Coley Harvey: Bengals 17, Rams 13. Rams record via NFL Nation: 3-8

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6, vs. Arizona, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 13, Cardinals 6. Record: 7-5

Weinfuss: Cardinals 24, Rams 14. Rams record via NFL Nation: 3-9

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13, vs. Detroit, 1 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Lions 26, Rams 20. Record: 7-6

Lions reporter Mike Rothstein: Rams 24, Lions 17. Rams record via NFL Nation: 4-9

Week 15: Thursday, Dec. 17, vs. Tampa Bay, 8:25 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Rams 22, Buccaneers 10. Record: 8-6

Buccaneers reporter Pat Yasinskas: Bucs 24, Rams 14. Rams record via NFL Nation: 4-10

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 27, at Seattle, 4:25 p.m. ET

Wagoner: Seahawks 20, Rams 9. Record: 8-7

Kapadia: Seahawks 21, Rams 14. Rams record via NFL Nation: 4-11

Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3, at San Francisco, 4:25 p.m. ET

Wagoner: 49ers 16, Rams 13. Record: 8-8

Gutierrez: 49ers 23, Rams 20. Rams record via NFL Nation: 4-12

wtf.gif
and to the those who are picking us to go 4-12... all I have to say to you is
finger.gif
. Haters
hater.gif

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're a beat writer for a lousy team asked to predict each game. You're looking for wins, the 6-10 Rams are appealing, from that point of view anyway...

I get that, but not on the road. And you know, and they should too, that we played better at times than a 6-10 team and didn't have a QB.

The Browns have a better chance of beating the Broncos at home than they do winning in St. Louis with us coming off a bye week - to me that's just common sense.

bluecoconuts

Legend
4-12 tho? FREAKIN FOUR AND TWELVE? Unless there are some massive amount of injuries and/or terrible, terrible officiating there is no way they just win 4 games. Not with a stable QB, OL, best DL in the league, and the will to win.

These "writers" are just giving points to their own teams. You don't think the Rams can't beat the Bucs, Bengals, the Browns (!)? And the shitchickens, Cardinals, or forty chumps at least once each? They've done it before. Sure any game can go either way. I highly doubt the Rams will be at the losing end of each of those close games.

I can see that happening. Imagine that Mason isn't 100% and obviously no Gurley for the first three weeks, we can't get a running game going, and end up dropping the two of the first three. Then it takes a few weeks for Gurley to get going, against Arizona and the Packers, hard games even with a running game, we enter the bye week 1-5.. With a young team, that can seem like a tall hill to climb, which means more penalties, and a few dropped games that we should win, the final half of the season we win against the Niners at home, Bears, and Bucs. Do I think that'll happen? No, I think they're going to be closer to 8-8 than not.. Can I see it happening? You bet I can, especially with the distractions that'll be surrounding the team over the year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I said... but... OK.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Rose tinted glasses off, we're talking about the Rams here 4-12 and 12-4 is a fine line ;) we've got the potential for both! Fisher just jet your boys to win their home games and some the road ones and we'll be ok ;)