NFL Nation: 4 Downs- NFC West Beat Writers Predictions/ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Who is this Blount douche?

With Same last year in the 1st hags game, we win which takes us to an 8-8 season.

With Sam, we likely win the Titans game too. 9-7.

What a bunch of dingleberries.

Looking forward to our D-line slaughtering the midget and the kaeperprick like a ritual sacrifice.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, the Cardinals were better than the Rams last year, and their OL should be improved. Of course, their linebacking corps is much weaker, and the Rams should be improved on both offense and defense AND get their starting QB back. But that's too complex an analysis.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I'd like to think that only 6-10 associated with the Rams is the number of sacks Donald gets this year

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A few thoughts:

1] It's his opinion - he's entitled.
2] Until the Rams start winning on a regular basis, these kinds of predictions come with the territory
3] On the bright side, Bernie (in his "Breakfast with Bernie" video) said he's going out on the limb. He's predicting 10-6 and playoffs.
How we like him now??? :)
1) Yep
2) As much as I'd like to say we have earned a better rep and prognostication, the unfortunate reality is that, though we all see improvements, we have proven very little in the consistency department and therefore it's hard to complain that we are not given more credit. Who really cares anyway. I think we all want to simply see our team prove what we think we see. These guys can't change that either way.
3) Much like the Rams beating good teams and then flaming out on other weeks, Bernie still holds the same place he did before with me. He can be good at times and other times I'm left scratching my head and pissed off.

Funny thing is that I didn't come away with any new thoughts from Bernie's piece nor this one, but more a view that Bernie was having fun and not just trying to be controversial or pissy. I like seeing him have fun with a piece. I get the feeling when he really gets into an article, he is smiling and in good spirits then too - even if it is critical. I like that. No need to be a constant Mr. Positive if you don't feel that way. But get into what you're doing.

As to Wagoner, he is part of the national media. I wouldn't expect him to act like a homer even if he is one. I can. He really can't.

ram007

Starter
Secondary - Rams are average and Arizona has very very good secondary.
WRs - Rams are average. Arizona is stud here with Fitz, floyd, Ted ginn

Coaching : About even
TE- About even

QB- Rams have a small edge.
OL- Rams hand down
Kicker - Rams are great
LB - Rams have edge with loss of Arz LBs
Punt return - it's Tavon
DL - Rams have NFL's best but Arizona is above average to good
RBs - Rams have edge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if Rams doesn't sweep Arizona this year and are not at-least in front of AZ in standings after 16 games, I will have no words to describe Rams failure!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Meh. Sports writers are chicken shits. Don't expect much of the main stream to get behind the Rams until we start winning games and winning the should win games decidedly.

Speaking of winning games decidedly, I would say we did our fair share of this last year. The secret recipe is consistency, and having your starting QB back will help.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Speaking of winning games decidedly, I would say we did our fair share of this last year. The secret recipe is consistency, and having your starting QB back will help.
Yeah - we did. But mainly against teams we were supposed to lose to. o_O Can we please do that when we are supposed to win as well? Not complaining about throttling some of those supposed superior teams but I sure would like to back that up with wins on the other weeks.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) Yep
2) As much as I'd like to say we have earned a better rep and prognostication, the unfortunate reality is that, though we all see improvements, we have proven very little in the consistency department and therefore it's hard to complain that we are not given more credit. Who really cares anyway. I think we all want to simply see our team prove what we think we see. These guys can't change that either way.
3) Much like the Rams beating good teams and then flaming out on other weeks, Bernie still holds the same place he did before with me. He can be good at times and other times I'm left scratching my head and pissed off.

Funny thing is that I didn't come away with any new thoughts from Bernie's piece nor this one, but more a view that Bernie was having fun and not just trying to be controversial or pissy. I like seeing him have fun with a piece. I get the feeling when he really gets into an article, he is smiling and in good spirits then too - even if it is critical. I like that. No need to be a constant Mr. Positive if you don't feel that way. But get into what you're doing.

As to Wagoner, he is part of the national media. I wouldn't expect him to act like a homer even if he is one. I can. He really can't.

Well said!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My predictions:

San Francisco has a better offense and much worse defense. Smith is in decline and A Smith goes as Justin goes. Bowman is hurt. The DBs are not as good as past. Kaepernicks decision making will lose them some games On offense. The line was not as good last year. 10-6

Cardinals defense? What defense? High scoring games all year. Palmers mistakes kill them. 7-9

Seahawks. Key defections on the Dline and at WR hurt the team enough to lead them to a 9-7 record

Rams defense keeps them in every game and offense does enough to compete with high scoring offenses. Record 14-2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My predictions:

San Francisco has a better offense and much worse defense. Smith is in decline and A Smith goes as Justin goes. Bowman is hurt. The DBs are not as good as past. Kaepernicks decision making will lose them some games On offense. The line was not as good last year. 10-6

Cardinals defense? What defense? High scoring games all year. Palmers mistakes kill them. 7-9

Seahawks. Key defections on the Dline and at WR hurt the team enough to lead them to a 9-7 record

Rams defense keeps them in every game and offense does enough to compete with high scoring offenses. Record 14-2

I honestly can't disagree with any of this. The 14-2 record is maybe a wee bit optimistic but I'm down with that. Hell, as they say, we're undefeated now so....

I really DO think SF's offense is going to be the thing that improves with that team this year and conversely, I think their defense declines. The key is going to be keeping their offense off the field and making Kaperdink eff up while also spying him. Good luck to their running game. We are going to be really tough there.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Shecocks and birds are vying for cellar duties. Against the birds, our TEs and running attack should be huge with a couple game changing plays from TA in either the return game or getting their all-star DBs to bite on something. The Shecocks lost some key depth and weren't really all that good at defending the run last year. Does anyone really think they got better at that? They also got weaker at WR and they weren't that strong there before. Lynch is a year older and his game is a high wear and tear game.

My thought is that we will play smash mouth largely in the NFC West and then release the skill players in many of the other games. We will likely be run heavy against our own division but be happy to stretch the field against many of our other opponents.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A few thoughts:

1] It's his opinion - he's entitled.
2] Until the Rams start winning on a regular basis, these kinds of predictions come with the territory
3] On the bright side, Bernie (in his "Breakfast with Bernie" video) said he's going out on the limb. He's predicting 10-6 and playoffs.
How we like him now??? :)
And it's the opinion of many of your fellow posters he's full of shit,and Bernie is still a turd

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Anything less than 9-7 is a failure for Rams in my book. I am expecting 10-6 finish
All depends on how they happen and if we are in it for a playoff spot last week of the season, progress is progress,don't get me wrong I want 12-4, but I won't shit on progress

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I honestly can't disagree with any of this. The 14-2 record is maybe a wee bit optimistic but I'm down with that. Hell, as they say, we're undefeated now so....

I really DO think SF's offense is going to be the thing that improves with that team this year and conversely, I think their defense declines. The key is going to be keeping their offense off the field and making Kaperdink eff up while also spying him. Good luck to their running game. We are going to be really tough there.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Shecocks and birds are vying for cellar duties. Against the birds, our TEs and running attack should be huge with a couple game changing plays from TA in either the return game or getting their all-star DBs to bite on something. The Shecocks lost some key depth and weren't really all that good at defending the run last year. Does anyone really think they got better at that? They also got weaker at WR and they weren't that strong there before. Lynch is a year older and his game is a high wear and tear game.

My thought is that we will play smash mouth largely in the NFC West and then release the skill players in many of the other games. We will likely be run heavy against our own division but be happy to stretch the field against many of our other opponents.

Okay 13-3 then. Sheesh!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
These writers have no balls. Wagoner just goes with the others out of fear of being labeled a homer.
How can we improve the roster, gain experience, enter the year being healthy, better coaching and another year in the same scheme.... and not improve on our record?

Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona have not made nearly the same progress this offseason. No upgrades as far as I am concerned.
A healthy Bradford, a determined Gregg Williams and our rookies alone makes us the most improved team in the NFL, imo.
Add in some more experience for the youngest team in the league and you have the necessary conditions for a perfect storm.

Exactly. It's the same old "everything this year will be just like everything last year" ... BS.

The Cardinals LB corps has been decimated and their defense will suffer for it. Also, they will be without Honey Badger for a while.

SF could very well be looking at a long suspension for Aldon Smith, if nothing else they will be without him for several games and that is going to hurt them. And Navarro Bowman will be out until mid-season, if not longer.

Seattle will still be tough for sure, but I don't think their OL is all that great and I think our DL wins that matchup, even more now with Donald in the rotation. We manhandled them when they came to the Dome, and if Bradford wasn't out, we win that game going away. Heck, if Clemens had a few more games under his belt we might have won that game, it was his first start.

I don't think any team in the division has had more of an infusion of talent this offseason than the Rams, and we have several second and third year players ready to step up.

All that being said, I hope the rest of the league is underestimating us that way as well.

Penguin.

Rookie
Outside of the Eagles, the NFC East, at best, is a joke. The AFC West is tough, but not unbeatable. The NFC West has the blueprint to beat Manning as seen when the Seahawks stomped them in the Superbowl. The Chargers are pretty tough, and so are the Chiefs, but with the league's best defensive front seven, I don't see us losing to above average teams like them.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Plus, the truth is, the Rams are the worst team in a very strong division.
Williamson better watch that "worst team" crap. And Bradford is 5-2-1 against the division under Fisher. Bradford IS a difference maker in the division games.

smdh

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the rams lose to a nfc East team I will be bitterly disappointed.