NFL is Fixed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dirty money, boys. I think I may be ruined. Second time I've seen DAL win the game like that. It's so dirty!

I'll go to games next year but my fandom is scarred. They got sloppy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It feels alot like this guy is in charge doesn't it?
davidstern1.jpg

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't believe it's rigged. I just think the officiating is absolute garbage.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Calls like we saw near the end of the game sure make you wonder. That was PI. And the holding I saw went uncalled. I've heard others say this here, after every play I'm just waiting for the flags to fly, and they do and it seems at times they call Ticky tack stuff and let the obvious calls go uncalled. Wondering if the games fixed sure takes the fun out of watching. It makes me feel foolish.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...all-helps-cowboys-to-comeback-win-over-lions/

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2015, 7:47 PM EST

dwayneharris.jpeg
AP

The Dallas Cowboys are going on to Green Bay for a divisional-round matchup with the Packers.

The Detroit Lions are going home angry about what might have been, if not for a truly bizarre piece of officiating.

With the Lions leading 20-17 in the fourth quarter, a pass interference call that gave the Lions a first down well into Dallas territory was picked up without explanation by referee Pete Morelli. That turned into a huge benefit for the Cowboys, as the Lions shanked a punt on the next play and the Cowboys took advantage of their good field position to march down the field and score the go-ahead touchdown to take a 24-20 lead.

That call — which former NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira criticized during the FOX broadcast of the game — will live in infamy in Detroit. It cost the Lions a great chance to win their first playoff game since 1991. But there’s nothing the Lions can do now except sit home and watch while the Cowboys move on in the playoffs.

The Cowboys team that’s moving on is a team led by quarterback Tony Romo, who turned in a big performance today that should silence anyone who questions whether he can play well in a big game. Romo was under relentless pressure for much of the game, but he played very well anyway, completing 19 of 31 passes for 293 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

The Lions’ run defense mostly held DeMarco Murray in check, although Murray did score a touchdown on a fourth-and-goal play that helped spur the Cowboys’ comeback. But Murray will surely be a threat for the rest of the playoffs, particularly in the elements in Green Bay.

Detroit was moving the ball at will on the Lions’ defense early in the game, but the Cowboys stiffened up late in the game. Dallas will have a tough test next weekend against Aaron Rodgers and Co.

And that should be a good game. The Cowboys and the Packers at Lambeau Field is what the NFL is all about. Even if Lions fans think it should be their team moving on.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Calls like we saw near the end of the game sure make you wonder. That was PI. And the holding I saw went uncalled. I've heard others say this here, after every play I'm just waiting for the flags to fly, and they do and it seems at times they call Ticky tack stuff and let the obvious calls go uncalled. Wondering if the games fixed sure takes the fun out of watching. It makes me feel foolish.

Well said, I feel like a darn fool for not picking up all the little signs before. I don't know where this leaves me.

I love going to the games but we won't do anything huge if the refs aren't rigged in our favor. It's so sad...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I do believe this...if a ref does rig a game, it isn't the league doing any of it...it's the mob.

I once went to a presentation by Michael Franzese on that very subject. Very interesting stuff.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't believe it's rigged. I just think the officiating is absolute garbage.

That's my take.

Maybe I'm blind? But the garbage calls seem to go toward all teams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I should add; I am so SICK of the refs being an influence on the outcome.

If anything could strip my loyalty to the game it's this.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I never believed it was "rigged" until tonight. The league wanted Dallas to win, so they won.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Not a big conspiracy theorist but it sure makes you wonder. It's big business and who's gonna bring in more $$$ for the NFL? The Lions or America's Team? :cautious:

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Not a big conspiracy theorist but it sure makes you wonder. It's big business and who's gonna bring in more $$$ for the NFL? The Lions or America's Team? :cautious:

The Cowboys are not America's team anymore. After what the nation saw tonight, the Lions will be the people's champion next year. Dallas will be reviled until they meet up in a league sanctioned Superbowl with the evil empire in New England. I hear JJ will be bringing a coffin and a sword to the game...

It is a scam! What the NFL allowed to happen tonight was unforgivable.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Don't like the cowgirls and Suh should be suspended for his bs but, I hate that the game is influenced by crap like happened in that game! Whoever changed that call should be fired and the rest of the officials admonished for that bs! Not the only bad call that happened but it was the most blatant bad call!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cmon, another one of these kinds of threads.

Please, this is just bad officiating. No more or less.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Jerry's kids won't get that call at Lambeau. We all know about phantom calls and non-calls vs. Dallas. Sometimes you have to believe the Cowboys are not going to be allowed to lose. Too bad for the Lions - they played well enough to win