NFL health and safety chairman, a 49er, sees a future without helmets and then reverses course

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you inferred that if they play without helmets it would be like flag football.

i was just pointing you to a sport that don't wear helmets and would like you to tell me if it's like flag football.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/20/york-reverses-course-on-an-nfl-without-helmets/

York reverses course on an NFL without helmets
Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2015

Dr. John York is putting the toothpaste back in the tube by putting the cranium back in the helmet.

Clarifying recent remarks to the BBC indicating that the 49ers co-chair and the chairman of the NFL’s health and safety advisory committee can see a future without helmets, York now says he can’t see a future without helmets.

Here’s the update to the no-helmets story from Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com: “John York told CSNBayArea.com Saturday that he believes the helmet is so ingrained in the tradition of American football that he does not believe that will ever change. He said he told the BBC that there could be some adjustments made to the three-point stance, but he never suggested helmets could be banned from the NFL.”

Per a team spokesman, York claims he didn’t say that he can see a future without helmets. The team also is unsure how the BBC reporter misheard or misunderstood York’s remarks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
you inferred that if they play without helmets it would be like flag football.

i was just pointing you to a sport that don't wear helmets and would like you to tell me if it's like flag football.

Ohhhh. Okay.

Yeah, Rugby is cool. But they tackle. I was *implying* that pretty soon they'll institute some rules where even that's not allowable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ohhhh. Okay.

Yeah, Rugby is cool. But they tackle. I was *implying* that pretty soon they'll institute some rules where even that's not allowable.

Whoops, my mistake.