NFL getting hard to watch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If you saw the hit that was put on Matt Ryan just now you'll know what I mean. Tired of seeing clean, hard hits being penalties just because it was on a QB.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'll never forget the penalty on Brockers hit on McCown last year in the bears game. Terrible

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fixed it for you.

charles-barkley1.jpg

FRO

Legend
The NBA ruined basketball by going soft, the NFL is trying do the same to football.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's not just the going soft thing that is ruining the overall product IMO. I mean, at least there is a reason for that with player safety, limiting future lawsuits, and all.

I'm tired of everything being reviewed. Put in a tape of a game from ten years ago, and note the difference. NFL is ok with it, of course, because commercial breaks are $$$. But the overall game in my estimation has suffered.

The incessant nuking of every call on the field is just asinine. Also, as I have mentioned before, they need to simplify the game for the refs not complicate it. The more you make them look for, the worse the product is gonna be.

Today's game is garbage to watch with the flag stoppages, endless reviews of everything, and overcomplication of the rule set. And now they want to make even more $hit reviewable? Whatever.

At some point I'm gonna end up dropping this game to #2 or #3 on my priority list man. I'm already close, enjoying Hockey much more, and Baseball as well.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another terrible roughing call in the Seahawks game. Just pathetic

Big Willie

Starter
There will soon be a no tackling rule for QBs...that call of roughing the passer against the Niners was turrible!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I'll never forget the penalty on Brockers hit on McCown last year in the bears game. Terrible

Who was it that Sims "hit" where he lightly brushed the QB's shoulder pad with his hand and got flagged with a roughing the passer / blow to the head penalty? Was that against the Cowgirls / Romo?

beej

Rookie
Honestly, the threat of lawsuits has ruined all kinds of things, that we either need or relish. Adding rules and cost to almost every product we use. Makes me mad to think about it.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who was it that Sims "hit" where he lightly brushed the QB's shoulder pad with his hand and got flagged with a roughing the passer / blow to the head penalty? Was that against the Cowgirls / Romo?

Yes, it was. It was also on a third down play where the Rams had stopped them and forced them to punt. They were up 21-0 at that point. After that penalty they went down the field and scored and gained momentum. I truly believe that if that penalty wasn't called, the outcome of that game would have been a lot different.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Like this roughing the passer/ hit to the chest? Hate the Niners hate the Seahawks but that call changed a lot of the game.

Attachments

• 20141214_165253(0).jpg
    20141214_165253(0).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 137

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It's (sadly) fucking obvious who the NFL want in the playoffs.
"Philly's coming back - get the flags out boys".

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's not as nearing as exciting as it use to be. I think I'll only go to Rams games next year and forget about FF or Pick'em. I don't care to watch a majority of the teams anymore, freak'em. Still love the Rams as much as ever, though. This team hits hard unlike a ton of teams anymore, love Fisher. Like I said...

Love. This. Team.