NFL Films: Tennessee Titans and the St. Louis Rams Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Can't wait to see our diligent defense keeping them from scoring.
I'm also curious to see how Clemens does with his 2nd starting game....hopefully better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't wait to see our diligent defense keeping them from scoring.
I'm also curious to see how Clemens does with his 2nd starting game....hopefully better.
No easy task for Clemens going against this defense either, but he might get better as time wears on. It was his first start against arguably the best defense in the league, so the fact that they held us to only 9 points shouldn't come as much of a surprise to us. Just keep grinding and get some extra time with the receivers, and he might be okay.

And our D is due for some turnovers, so this would be an ideal time to go ahead and get some of those.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Hey guys, Titans fan stopping by.

Wanted to get some insight from Rams fans on how you think this game goes.

Nice site BTW, every week I check out the oppositions forums, and usually can't stand the other sites, but this one is easy to navigate.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Nice site BTW, every week I check out the oppositions forums, and usually can't stand the other sites, but this one is easy to navigate.
Welcome.

I think the game is gonna be a slug-fest. Greg Williams is sure to have his D pumped, and Fisher won't accept being shown up by him, so this should be a vicious defensive battle. You know we have Clemens at QB, so you can probably expect a heavy dose of the run. If *that's* successful, then it will lessen the pressure on him and he might get some opportunities in the intermediate range to capitalize on. You guys don't turn the ball over much, but I think this weekend we'll get one or two anyway. Just a hunch. Probably a low scoring game with us eeking out a win (you knew that was coming).

What about you? How do you think it'll go?

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Welcome.

I think the game is gonna be a slug-fest. Greg Williams is sure to have his D pumped, and Fisher won't accept being shown up by him, so this should be a vicious defensive battle. You know we have Clemens at QB, so you can probably expect a heavy dose of the run. If *that's* successful, then it will lessen the pressure on him and he might get some opportunities in the intermediate range to capitalize on. You guys don't turn the ball over much, but I think this weekend we'll get one or two anyway. Just a hunch. Probably a low scoring game with us eeking out a win (you knew that was coming).

What about you? How do you think it'll go?
I feel good about our chances at winning.

I watched your MNF game and that defense of yours can be vicious when they want to. I'll feel a whole lot better if I find out Zac Stacy isn't a GO for Sunday, Titans always have a hard time containing physical RB's.

The one thing I think Rams fans are overlooking is our O-Line vs Seattle's O-Line. We have a better line, so to me Robert Quinn & Co. wont have the same luck they had in their last game. And Im hoping the Titans come out throwing the ball around, because we all know you guys will stack the box.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That could very well end up being the plan (force you to beat us with the pass). Locker looks like a good QB, but he's still learning. I think we'll throw more stunts and disguised blitzes at him to force him into bad decisions and find a few different ways to get to him.

Stacy practiced fully yesterday, so he's probably good to go. He probably won't get 35 carries or anything, but he'll take the bulk of the carries for sure. It was just a low-ankle sprain. I mentioned in another thread (on another day) that we had success against backup tackles, so we shouldn't really expect another 7 sack performance against the Titans. But then I was quickly reminded that we beat Seattle with their starting tackles and registered a bunch of sacks last year, so... who knows. How is Roos against speed rushers, btw?

Nice signature too. Way to memorialize.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
How is Roos against speed rushers, btw?

Nice signature too. Way to memorialize.
Roos holds his own vs pretty much anyone, our RT Dave Stewart is the one who'll likely miss a block. But Jake has wheels and isn't afraid to run away, even with his knee brace on he still can take off.

PhxRam

Welcome aboard dude..

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Im also curious to how you guys feel about being 3-5....

Titans could end up 3-5 if we lose to you guys, I am kind of worried our season will tank if we end up 3-5 after Sunday. Does anyone on here have that feeling right now, that 3-5 might be too much to come back from?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Im also curious to how you guys feel about being 3-5....

Titans could end up 3-5 if we lose to you guys, I am kind of worried our season will tank if we end up 3-5 after Sunday. Does anyone on here have that feeling right now, that 3-5 might be too much to come back from?
Without the starting QB? Yeah, there's some reservations about salvaging the season if they drop another one.
Which is why they won't. :wink:

Darian Stewart is in for McDonald.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
Another thing I wanted to ask you guys.

How do feel about Vince Young? Not that it's even a possibility, but he is a master at improvising and turning nothing into something. Maybe thats what the Rams need.

Moving forwards with Kellen Clemens wont be easy.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I obviously can't speak for everyone but mark me down as having less than zero interest in VY. Although he showed flashes of talent while in TN his overall game never impressed me. I don't think he has what it takes between the ears to be an NFL QB, hence his current unemployment.

JCBRAVE

UDFA
I obviously can't speak for everyone but mark me down as having less than zero interest in VY. Although he showed flashes of talent while in TN his overall game never impressed me. I don't think he has what it takes between the ears to be an NFL QB, hence his current unemployment.
You're right about him not being the brightest guy or a franchise QB, but in these kinds of scenarios he's thrived. In 2009 he took an 0-6 Titans team to 8-8 (1 game shy of the playoffs), then in 2010 he had the Titans at 5-2 before he flipped out on Fisher and lost his job.

The guy doesn't prepare well enough to be your QB (or anyone's), but when the shit hits the fan, Vince is great.

Do Rams fans believe in Sam Bradford, because if they do, then calling Vince up would be toxic. But if Bradford isn't the guy for you, maybe VY can save your season.

The Hammer

UDFA
Name
Tennessee
You're right about him not being the brightest guy or a franchise QB, but in these kinds of scenarios he's thrived. In 2009 he took an 0-6 Titans team to 8-8 (1 game shy of the playoffs), then in 2010 he had the Titans at 5-2 before he flipped out on Fisher and lost his job.

The guy doesn't prepare well enough to be your QB (or anyone's), but when the shyte hits the fan, Vince is great.

Do Rams fans believe in Sam Bradford, because if they do, then calling Vince up would be toxic. But if Bradford isn't the guy for you, maybe VY can save your season.

That first paragraph could have been copied from TWW2 :p

And JCB is right about VY. That is the LAST thing you guys need on this team. Way too much drama.

So, Titans fan checking in. This game is big for our fan base for obvious reasons.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I must say, you Titan fans have been the most respectful opposing fans I've seen on any board. Welcome to Rams on Demand!

I think Sunday's game will be a good one. Like X said earlier I expect a very physical, low scoring game. Hopefully we both come out of it with no injuries...and a Rams win, of course. :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I must say, you Titan fans have been the most respectful opposing fans I've seen on any board. Welcome to Rams on Demand!
I know, right? Not like those knuckle-draggin', moonshine-swillin' panthers fans.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I know, right? Not like those knuckle-draggin', moonshine-swillin' panthers fans.

They were the absolute worst! Pains me to say given that I am originally from NC. Now I hate the panthers, and their fans, as much as the whiners, seacocks and almost as much as the cowgirls!