NFL Draft Prospects: Offensive Tackles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Get the 2015 NFL Draft positional breakdown for Offensive Tackles from Myles Simmons. Who are the best quarterback protectors in the 2015 class? Profiled: Brandon Scherff-Iowa Andrus Peat-Stanford, La’el Collins-LSU, and T.J. Clemmings-Pittsburgh

Watch Top OT Prospects Review

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rotoworld’s Josh Norris joins the show to discuss La’el Collins’ ceiling in the NFL, explaining why Collins’ functional strength will allow him to be a left tackle at the next level. He also discusses how Brandon Scherff and Collins could both end up at guard, following the Cowboys example with Zach Martin.

Watch Norris Talk Collins

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious to see how other Rams fans personally rate the top five Offensive Linemen in this Draft. I am definitely no expert but below is how I would rate them and I am guessing the Rams will end up with at least one of these players (Unless Winston, Mariotta, White or Cooper either Fall to them which is doubtful or the Rams actually trade up for them which I doubt as well) with their 1st round pick:

1) Brandon Scherff (I still think this is the player the Rams end up drafting)
2) Ereck Flowers (If the Rams trade down this is the player I think they target)
3) La'el Collins
4) Andrus Peat (I realize Peat does not seem real popular by most Rams fans but I keep reading positive reviews on him from other sites)
5) T.J. Clemmings

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would love Scherff, Collins or Flowers in a trade down. I really like the Flowers as a road grader. Any chance the Rams can get 2 of them?

paceram

Pro Bowler
I would love Scherff, Collins or Flowers in a trade down. I really like the Flowers as a road grader. Any chance the Rams can get 2 of them?

Just a personal guess but I am thinking if the Rams are planning to draft Offensive Linemen with their top 2 picks they will be targeting Scherff, Collins, Flowers, Peat or Clemmings with their 1st pick and then Cameron Erving with their 2nd pick (But, he may not still be around by that time).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Your list looks god Pace, but I hope they don't go into it thinking they are taking OLine with the top two picks, because they could possibly be passing on a top talent to do so.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Just curious to see how other Rams fans personally rate the top five Offensive Linemen in this Draft. I am definitely no expert but below is how I would rate them and I am guessing the Rams will end up with at least one of these players (Unless Winston, Mariotta, White or Cooper either Fall to them which is doubtful or the Rams actually trade up for them which I doubt as well) with their 1st round pick:

2) Ereck Flowers (If the Rams trade down this is the player I think they target)
3) La'el Collins
4) Andrus Peat (I realize Peat does not seem real popular by most Rams fans but I keep reading positive reviews on him from other sites)
5) T.J. Clemmings

I'm of the same mind with this......

Go Rams.......... ;)

thehammer

Rookie
not necessarily a top 5 but
1.Scherff

3) La'el Collins
5) T.J. Clemmings

lot of major question marks in this group
1.Scherff
2. Clemmings
3.Donovan Smith
4.Peat
5.Fisher
6.Flowers
7.Collins
8.Humphries
9.Cedric Ogbuehi
10.Ty Sambrailo
11 Daryl Williams
12.Corey Robinson
13.Rob Havenstein

paceram

Pro Bowler
Your list looks god Pace, but I hope they don't go into it thinking they are taking OLine with the top two picks, because they could possibly be passing on a top talent to do so.

If they don't sign at least one (Hopefully, Two!) QUALITY FA Offensive Lineman (Barksdale, Blalock, Wisniewski, etc) before the Draft then I am afraid they may almost be forced to use their top two picks on Offensive Linemen. But, I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able to sign a couple of those FA Linemen so they will have that flexibility of selecting the BPA like you (And, I do too!) are hoping for.

paceram

Pro Bowler
not necessarily a top 5 but
1.Scherff

lot of major question marks in this group
1.Scherff
2. Clemmings
3.Donovan Smith
4.Peat
5.Fisher
6.Flowers
7.Collins
8.Humphries
9.Cedric Ogbuehi
10.Ty Sambrailo
11 Daryl Williams
12.Corey Robinson
13.Rob Havenstein

Great List! Thanks for Sharing! Donovan Smith and Rob Havenstein are a couple of players that have caught my interest! What rounds do you think they will get drafted? I would be thrilled if the Rams could get one of them in the 4th (Is that too much wishful thinking?)!

thehammer

Rookie
Great List! Thanks for Sharing! Donovan Smith and Rob Havenstein are a couple of players that have caught my interest! What rounds do you think they will get drafted? I would be thrilled if the Rams could get one of them in the 4th (Is that too much wishful thinking?)!

Smith has to go in the 2nd....has a quirky personality that turns scouts off but so much talent
Havenstein anywhere from late 3rd to 5th..that brutal combine workout and being a rt only guy will hurt his stock IMO

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd really hope that we could trade down, because I don't think there is a guy on the OL that's worth a top 10 selection in this draft.
Smith has to go in the 2nd....has a quirky personality that turns scouts off but so much talent
Havenstein anywhere from late 3rd to 5th..that brutal combine workout and being a rt only guy will hurt his stock IMO
I'd totally agree with this. Donovan Smith is an amazing talent that has everything you want, except he seems to rub people the wrong way. I don't care, he's one of my favorite lineman, on film, in this draft. Nasty, endless motor, sticks blocks. Great measurables. Dominated drills at the Senior Bowl, whoever he faced. Havenstein, just gets the job done, although nothing, except his size, and hands/arms stands out.