NFL Draft Game - The Rams Hired You as GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright guys, I thought I'd throw out an interesting game. When the Rams hired Jeff Fisher two years ago, they chose to hire you as GM. With you as GM, who would you have chosen in the last two drafts?(THIS ONLY COVERS THE 2012 AND 2013 DRAFTS)

Free Agency stays the same just to keep things from being too complicated.

Rules
1. If you choose to not go through with the RGIII trade and you want to select RGIII and trade Sam Bradford...your only option for compensation in that trade is the Browns #22 pick used to choose Brandon Weeden. But keep in mind that you lose all the other picks we acquired in the RGIII deal.

2. Do your best to be honest. It's your choice if you want to go back and look at your posting history to see what players you liked or if you want to go strictly by memory. But the point of this game is NOT for a person to go through the draft and pick every player that panned out at each pick...unless you are just that accurate. The point is for you to do your best to choose the players you would have wanted at the time.

3. Limit your trade downs. You can't trade down from every pick and on the picks you do trade down from...use the draft value chart for reference on what you can get.

4. Try and keep in mind the ripple effect to some extent. For example, if we draft Alshon Jeffery...it's unlikely the Bears trade up for pick #45.

5. The guys you draft have to fit into Fisher's scheme because he is the coach here.

6. Have fun!

Trades(you can choose not to go through with any of these deals...if that's the move you would have made at the time)
1. Rams trade:
2012 1st(#2)

Redskins trade:
2012 1st(#6)
2013 1st(#22)
2014 1st
2012 2nd(#39)

2. Rams trade:
2012 1st(#6)

Cowboys trade:
2012 1st(#14)
2012 2nd(#45)

3. Rams trade:
2012 2nd(#45)

Bears trade:
2012 2nd(#50)
2012 5th(#150)

4. Rams trade:
2013 1st(#16)
2013 2nd(#46)
2013 3rd(#78)
2013 7th(#222)

Bills trade:
2013 1st(#8)
2013 3rd(#71)

5. Rams trade:
2013 1st(#22)

Falcons trade:
2013 1st(#30)
2013 3rd(#92)
2013 6th(#198)

6. Rams trade:
2013 6th(#184)
2013 6th(#198)

Texans trade:
2013 5th(#160)

Remember, you can choose not to go through with any of these trades. Keep in mind that if you don't go through with certain trades, you have to remove the others using picks acquired in that trade you shot down.

Now that I've laid out the rules, here's my attempt at it using hindsight drafts(drafts done right after the NFL Draft that year on what I would have done):
http://tinyurl.com/n883qvy
Round 1 Pick #14 - Michael Brockers DT LSU - I stick with both trades
Round 2 Pick #33 - Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
Round 2 Pick #39 - Janoris Jenkins CB Florida
Round 2 Pick #45 - Lavonte David WLB Nebraska - Bears never trade up because Alshon is gone
Round 3 Pick #65 - Ronnie Hillman HB San Diego State
Round 4 Pick #96 - Chris Givens WR Wake Forest
Round 6 Pick #171 - Greg Zuerlein K Missouri Western - I didn't know about GZ before the draft but I really liked the pick after we made it and I'm assuming that John Fassel would have alerted me to him as the GM
Round 7 Pick #209 - Terrance Frederick CB TAMU - Kicking myself for choosing not to go with Dennard because of his character concerns
Round 7 Pick #252 - Chris Polk HB Washington

Now the 2013 Draft:
http://tinyurl.com/ka6krpo
Round 1 Pick #8 - Tavon Austin WR West Virginia - Yep, I'm sticking with the Austin trade-up
Round 1 Pick #30 - Jonathan Cyprien SS FIU - With Lavonte David at WLB, Ogletree isn't necessary anymore...as much as I like Alec
Round 3 Pick #71 - Trade - New Orleans trades: #106 and #109 to take John Jenkins(happened in real life) for Pick #71
Round 3 Pick #92 - Barrett Jones G/C Alabama - I would have taken him here not expecting him to be there for our next pick
Round 4 Pick #106 - Marcus Lattimore HB South Carolina - Same reasons as Barrett Jones
Round 4 Pick #109 - Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse - Not a hindsight move, had this in one of my mocks last year...value is too good here
Round 5 Pick #149 - Micah Hyde CB Iowa - Need a CB and him and Poyer were the only ones left that I liked
Round 6 Pick #184 - Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia - With me picking up Lattimore, I doubt I trade up for Stacy...my mistake
Round 6 Pick #198 - Dennis Johnson HB Arkansas

I didn't do too badly although HB would have been a problem area this year. I think I'm glad the Rams have Snead though. :D

Starters
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Ronnie Hillman
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Alshon Jeffery
ZWR: Chris Givens
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Jake Long
LG: Chris Williams
C: Scott Wells
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Rodger Saffold

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Kendall Langford
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Lavonte David
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
LCB: Janoris Jenkins
RCB: Cortland Finnegan
SLCB: Micah Hyde
FS: Bacarri Rambo
SS: Jonathan Cyprien

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well I'll do both w/o trade and w/ trade. And for rounds 1-4. 5-7th I really don't pay that much attention.

Without trade:

1. Justin Blackmon :oops:
2. Courtney Upshaw
3. Jamell Fleming
4. Lamarr Miller

1. Eddie Lacy
2. DJ Swearinger
3. Stedman Bailey (really w/o the trade I wouldn't know who I would)
4. Barrett Jones

With trade

2012:
1. Dre Kirkpatrick :confused:
2a. Courtney Upshaw
2b. Devon Still
2c. Ryan Broyles
3. Jamell Fleming
4. Lamarr Miller

2013:
1. Eddie Lacy (staying @ 16)
1b. DeAndre Hopkins
2. DJ Swearinger
3. Stedman Bailey
4. Barrett Jones

I would've rocked the 2013 draft. :woot:And pretty much fail the others.

I do a mock each year on another forum, first year I was in charge of the Redskins, originally wasn't going to trade for RGIII (was going to take Wilson in the third), but that's neither here nor there.

This last year I took the Rams my draft:

16. Kenny Vaccaro
22. Keenan Allen
29. Larry Warford
4,11. Sean Porter
5,6. Oday Aboushi
5,19. Montee Ball
6,16. Terry Hawthorne
7,16. Rodney Smith

I'd take my first round over our first round. The rest of the draft sucks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm going to need the weekend to work on this!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to need the weekend to work on this!

Yea, it took me awhile too. I sat there pondering the second half of the 2013 draft for a good 15 minutes. :lol:

fearsomefour

Legend
I do a mock each year on another forum, first year I was in charge of the Redskins, originally wasn't going to trade for RGIII (was going to take Wilson in the third), but that's neither here nor there.

16. Kenny Vaccaro
22. Keenan Allen
29. Larry Warford

That first round looks epic now, doesnt it? Wow. Would certainly take that.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

16. Kenny Vaccaro
22. Keenan Allen
29. Larry Warford
4,11. Sean Porter
5,6. Oday Aboushi
5,19. Montee Ball
6,16. Terry Hawthorne
7,16. Rodney Smith

I think Montee Ball is going to be a great running back, Knowshawn ( sorry if I spelt it wrong ) just happened to step his game up crazy this year. Just bad luck for Ball.

ausmurp

Starter
I would still trade RG3, never liked him, he wont last and wont win a superbowl. 2012 would be same as Jrry. I would take Keenan Allen in early 3rd for 2013, then skip Bailey.Take Rambo. Make sure we still get Stacy. Make sure we sign UDFA Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech.

jjab360

Legend
2012:
1.14 David Decastro
2.33 Coby Fleener
2.39 Janoris Jenkins
2.45 Bobby Wagner (no trade down)
3.65 Ronnie Hillman
4.96 Chris Givens
6.171 Marvin McNutt
7.209 Nate Potter
7.252 Vontaze Burfict

2013:
1.08 Tavon Austin
1.22 Shariff Floyd (no trade down)
3.71 Terrance Williams
4.113 Barrett Jones
5.149 Ricky Wagner
5.160 Zac Stacy

Not bad, pretty much how I would've drafted at the time without hindsight.

duckhunter

Starter
2012 Draft comes from my hindsight draft:

1. DT Brockers
2. LT Cordy Glenn-doing quite well at LT
2. RT Jonathan Martin-Played just Ok at LT but mixed up in the Incognito fiasco
2. WR Reuben Randle-Has shown flashes
3. CB Tru Johnson-Good player
4. RB Lamarr Miller-Highly talented and has done well
5. RB Vic Ballard-This was a homerun
6. Greg the Leg-Kid can kick
7. LB Travis Lewis-Would make our team
7. DT Nicolas Jean Baptiste-Run stopper, Stump

2013 Draft comes from my dream draft (wouldn't do the draft at the top):

1. DT Sheldon Richardson-If we don't move up for Austin, Jets were taking him. We then get Richardson or Star Lotuelei, Both are terrorizing the league. Richardson looks like he is ROY.
1. WR Deandre Hopkins-Best WR in the class. Might beat Richardson out for ROY.
2. S DJ Swearinger-Starter and playing well.
3. C Barrett Jones-He will contribute next year. Knew his injury would hold him back.
The rest haven't done much. Some whiffs.

I'll take my picks over Lester's.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I remember in the 2012 draft screaming for Lavonte David right before we selected Pead. I'm still bitter about that... and with Pead where he's at it's really stinging.

duckhunter

Starter
I remember in the 2012 draft screaming for Lavonte David right before we selected Pead. I'm still bitter about that... and with Pead where he's at it's really stinging.

Wouldn't have had to use a 1st on Ogletree this year. David has 5 sacks as a blitzer so far.