NFL Cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been hearing the Saints are considering cutting Evans, Grubbs, and Colston.

Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Grubbs or Evans for a couple of years.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta think ATL has way too many other needs to go WR in the first. The desperately need a pass rusher & are thin at LB and OL as well.

I hope so. It would be unfair if they had Julio Jones and Kevin White!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope so. It would be unfair if they had Julio Jones and Kevin White!
Agreed! I really don't see K. White making it past the Raiders but if were to be there at 10 and we didn't take him I'd be upset. Same with A. Cooper but I prefer White by a sizable margin.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've been hearing the Saints are considering cutting Evans, Grubbs, and Colston.

Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Grubbs or Evans for a couple of years.

They aren't just considering it. They're way over the cap already. Colston's the most likely cut; they have Stills, Toon, Graham, and a whole stable of weapons at running back for Brees. They don't have anyone to replace either Evans or Grubbs, who are still two of the best veteran guards in the game, so I doubt that they cut them. Aside from that, the Saints heavily rely on their guards even more so than they do their tackles and center.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Blalock got cut by the Falcons. I'd love to pick him up as depth. He's a very capable LG, maybe a bit older but he's a solid starter. Got cut because he doesn't fit a ZBS scheme that the Falcons now run, and we don't run.

Grubbs and Evans also very interesting.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Blalock got cut by the Falcons. I'd love to pick him up as depth. He's a very capable LG, maybe a bit older but he's a solid starter. Got cut because he doesn't fit a ZBS scheme that the Falcons now run, and we don't run.

Grubbs and Evans also very interesting.

Our OL coach worked with Justin Blalock when he was the Falcons OL coach & I should also add that Snead knows Justin. One would think that there is some interest here but that bad back really hurt Justin's play in 2014. When you have a continuous issue with your back now in his 30's things can go south real fast. Bad Back even took out Jack Youngblood.

Anyway if Justin wants to continue to start in the NFL there no better place for him than here in St Louis with people he knows. Rams have a gaping hole @ OLG right now where he has always played. If Justin will take a sizable pay decrease then he is a real bona fide Ram OL candidate.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Dolphins drop Brandon Gibson
Posted by Josh Alper on February 27, 2015, 3:53 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptqzmta2ndk3yzq2zdy4m2y2nmmznjayzda4yjzkngiw-e1425072279746.jpeg
Getty Images
Mike Wallace is running out of veteran company in the Dolphins wide receiver corps.

Brian Hartline was sent packing on Friday morning and the Dolphins said farewell to another receiver in the afternoon when they announced the release of Brandon Gibson. Gibson was due to make $3.26 million with a cap hit of $4.3 million and the difference will go as dead money on Miami’s 2015 cap.

Gibson signed a three-year deal with Miami before the 2013 season and caught 30 passes in his first seven games with the team before a knee injury knocked him out for the remainder of the year. He had 29 catches for 295 yards and a touchdown in 14 games last year as rookie Jarvis Landry passed him in the team’s pecking order.

The team’s been noncommittal about their plans with Wallace, but word out of Miami is that they’d like to either trade him or convince him to take a pay cut. If he does wind up leaving, Landry will be joined by Matt Hazel and Rishard Matthews in a receiving group that will surely be a focus for the Dolphins this offseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our OL coach worked with Justin Blalock when he was the Falcons OL coach & I should also add that Snead knows Justin. One would think that there is some interest here but that bad back really hurt Justin's play in 2014. When you have a continuous issue with your back now in his 30's things can go south real fast. Bad Back even took out Jack Youngblood.

Anyway if Justin wants to continue to start in the NFL there no better place for him than here in St Louis with people he knows. Rams have a gaping hole @ OLG right now where he has always played. If Justin will take a sizable pay decrease then he is a real bona fide Ram OL candidate.

I think Blalock makes a lot of sense for the Rams if he's willing to sign on at a reasonable price. Blalock is what we WANTED Joseph to be. A proven veteran that can still provide solid, reliable play. Would be a good bridge guy for a rookie.

I really like him and Rob Sims for that role because both should be reasonably priced and are solid, durable starters. Would love to see the Rams come away with one of those two guys. Then we wouldn't be forced to start a rookie if they're not ready.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd rather not grab another over the hill veteran like Blalock. He may be alright but has that worked in the past? I'm sick of all the Jake Longs, Scott Wells, Davin Joseph's, Jake Bells, Jason Brown's, etc. Please please please do not go this route expecting him to start. As depth maybe, but please let's not rely on a guy cut from a team with arguably the worst o line in the game. If he was as good as we all think, he'd have a job right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather not grab another over the hill veteran like Blalock. He may be alright but has that worked in the past? I'm sick of all the Jake Longs, Scott Wells, Davin Joseph's, Jake Bells, Jason Brown's, etc. Please please please do not go this route expecting him to start. As depth maybe, but please let's not rely on a guy cut from a team with arguably the worst o line in the game. If he was as good as we all think, he'd have a job right now.

He was cut today. That statement doesn't make much sense.

He wasn't cut because of poor play. He was cut because he's a pure PBS OG on a team with a new OC that runs a ZBS.

Nobody is advocating grabbing Blalock as a permanent fix. He's a bridge guy. You grab Blalock and you grab a talented rookie. Blalock starts if the rookie isn't ready.

This isn't at all a similar situation to any of the guys you named.